General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only gave my view of your comments....I wasn't mean or angry or anything else...I gave my views..and I wasn't only speaking to your comments. If I had quoted your comments (like I have here) that would of been different. If you don't want people to reply...or if it makes you uncomfortable I don't know what to tell you....if you post on a message board people comment.

LaRae

I just think you got too worked up.... You say that you just gave your view, but the point is that in this thread one isn't free to say something against, or merely negative against the Middleton that everybody got worked up. everyone should be able to convey their opinion. Not just who shares your opinion. That'all.

Charlotte can quite easily go outside with her brother and make snowmen. Or go for hot chocolate and plenty of other things. Put in a little sled she would have a ton of fun. She isn't a newborn who naps all day long.

And if you are going to take your kids on holiday with you, it is expected to actually I don't know, spend some time with your kids. George is 2, he may last an hour or so on the bunny hill. One or both of his parents could easily take him for a little lesson every morning and then have the rest of the day to ski while he is with his sister and nanny.

If the intention of the vacation was for them to ski all day with their friends and leave the kids with a nanny and grandma the entire time, might as well have left the kids with the Middletons in the UK.

My Nana went with us to Disney Land once. At most she stayed with us kids at the hotel at night so my parents could go out, and even that was rare.
I would expect that this was George's first ski trip. You just can't predict how a toddler will react to skiing. Some, like my son, take to it like a duck to water and you practically have to pry them off the pre-bunny hill. Others, like my niece, want nothing to do w/ it and need to be hauled away well before the lesson is over, there's just no predicting until you and the toddler have tried it out. Certainly his parents could have watched his lessons in the am then abandoned him with nanny Maria and Charlotte for the rest of the day so that they could ski, for all we know they did just that.
Interesting that you mention Disneyland since my whole fandamily went every year for a week staying at the DL hotel - brother/sister/spouses/kids and grandma. We were a relaxed easy going bunch. Most everyone in the park in the mornings. Grandma and the grandkids doing stuff around the hotel in the afternoons while my siblings and I enjoyed cocktails by one of the pools then back to the park or elsewhere in the evenings. It was much the same the few times we skied together up in Tahoe. It wasn't about needing grandma to watch the kids per se, it was about enjoying our time together as an extended family. I assume that's why grandma was along w/ the Cambridges, if indeed she was.
I'm saying that is the reason she doesn't do royal duties we are told most defiantly NOT what I think.
That is what we are told. I think she can do royal duties and be a mum
In fact you and I are saying the same think
Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Did you mean definitely? My favorite autocorrect is when definitely is changed to defiantly since the meanings are so different:ROFLMAO:.
I remember clearly the announcements of when Catherine was on maternity leave, but can you point me to an announcement from KP or BP that the Duchess is doing fewer royal duties because she is being a stay at home mom? I know that's a working theory here on the RF as well as some writers, but I don't recall seeing any official announcement saying that (but I could have missed it.)
IMO, Catherine is doing the number of engagements that she is because that's what the firm wants her to do at this point in time. Why the firm wants that is anybody's guess.

Well I for one don't think Carol Middleton went on the skiing trip and wouldn't be surprised either way if the nanny went or not. I am confident security would have gone though.

Nor am I overly concerned how Catherine divides her time between motherly duties and official duties - sometimes we see her, sometimes we don't.

I do hope we have some more general news about the Cambridges soon though.

Isn't it entirely possible that if Carole was along on the trip that she was there for the sole reason that her family enjoys spending time with her?

One thing I don't think we'll ever hear from William is any mother-in-law jokes. I really am happy that he feels part of the Middleton family and enjoys their company.

GASP!! But...But...But...Don't you know that's just pure and simple common sense? Something that's just not allowed these days?

;)

I'm also happy William is so close to the Middletons and gets along so well w/them.

Carole didn't go to the Maldives in 2013. George and Charlotte are at 2 different levels of activity. Charlotte will be napping and George will want to hit the bunny slope or build a snowman. Nanny Maria can't be in both places.

The Cambridges didn't go to Mustique this year. Why not bring along Carole? I find it interesting that people complain when the Cambridges vacation somewhere with the Middletons but no one complains when they go to Scotland for a week with his family every September.

But that's The Royal Family side of things, therefore "expected" to attend. When it's the Middleton side of things? Well, don't you know they're nothing but Social Climbing Lowest of the Low and why oh why must they spend time at all w/them!?! Oh, for the Good Ole Days when a Royal Bride on marrying her Prince said Goodbye to her Family...Etc,etc,etc...

*rolls eyes*

I can't believe that some are criticizing a family for spending too much time together. Geez.

Sadly, I can. :(

The Cambridges is being criticized for the most ridiculous things these days, also here at TRF, and I'm so tired of it.

As much as I hate saying it, this is nothing new for the Cambridge threads and I've actually seen it worse than this. :(

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The Cambridge Easter plans never really change.

They were spotted at church in Wales one year at Easter either 2012 or 2013.

I think it's pretty normal to see grandparents go on vacations (even short ones) with the adult children and grandchildren, heck I've done it! It's weird to me that anyone thinks it's odd or shouldn't be done. LaRae

I agree! :flowers: We do it routinely, at least once a year, generally more than that. Makes so much sense.

Last edited:
Well, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 5th Wedding Anniversary is this week. I hope there will be an honorable anniversary gift in store for Catherine this year.

Will British television air parts of the Royal Wedding of April 29, 2011 in commemoration of William and Catherine's anniversary?

Will British television air parts of the Royal Wedding of April 29, 2011 in commemoration of William and Catherine's anniversary?

I'm not sure. I haven't seen any advertisements for the anniversary. I do wonder how this occasion will be commemorated.

I just hope Catherine will receive a honorable gift this year.

What about Will? Shouldn't he get one too?

Did they do anything last year for Charles and Camilla's 10th wedding anniversary, or in 2010 for their 5th? Charles is the heir apparent. If they aren't acknowledging those events why worry about the 2nd in line?

Other than a blip or two in the press, I don't really expect anything for the 5th anniversary. Its something for the two of them to celebrate.

If you want to watch the wedding again, it's probably on YouTube.

What about Will? Shouldn't he get one too?

Sure why not. Im just thinking about the person who hasn't received anything yet. Wills already have two under his belt. After five years of faithful service, I think an acknowledgement is due.

Last edited:
Nice picture, but this picture should've been up on their new Royal Family website. I had been waiting for them to take a new portrait, because they hadn't done one since 2011, ahead of their Canadian tour.

I'm always wondering why it's like pulling teeth to the British royals to take official portraits now, but it's very easy to get other European royals to do it?

Since the British royals went through their change in the early 90's, some of the things they do now just puzzles me.

As Marvin doesn't have his own thread I'll put this here, but mods feel free to move.

An artist has set up a Twitter account for Marvin and is tweeting her illustrations. It's cute but also a little bit weird....... :eek:

Hello! magazine

As Marvin doesn't have his own thread I'll put this here, but mods feel free to move.

An artist has set up a Twitter account for Marvin and is tweeting her illustrations. It's cute but also a little bit weird....... :eek:

Hello! magazine
I have to say that those illustrations are adorable!

The new portrait is lovely.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

There are reports that William and Catherine will be attending the Ascot races this year - honouring the Queen's 90th.

Daft? That's what the Queen leases the helicopter for in the first place. This faux 'outrage' only seems to occur when it's W&K. Are we now suggesting they are the only royals who can't use it

On my Twitter timeline, I see pics of royals using a helicopter all the time.

Anne used the same helicopter earlier in the day that the Cambridges used. All the royals use the helicopter but it's only Will, Kate and Charles that get grief for it. Charles only gets grief because his Eco views.

The Queen using the train to Sandringham and back is like wizards using the Hogwarts Express. The baggages and corgis still are driven back and forth. So instead of the Queen and Philip in the Range Rover it's the dogs.

You'd think the helicopter took Prince George and his friends to McDonalds and then to a playground for the afternoon.

Travel between official residences and travel in pursuance of royal functions is literally what the helicopter is for. Says right in the Sovereign Grant Act.

I know people go to any and all lengths to have a go at W&K but this helicopter stuff is so old.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom