The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #701  
Old 09-15-2015, 09:32 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
You will be sorely disappointed. Look at the military engagement Harry had today, yet all the talk/articles were about his beard. The British media is shallow as a reflection pool. They only care about the looks and the sex lives of the royals. As Richard Palmer admitted, the press are only interested in the "royal soap opera", if the royals don't provide one, one will be made up.

On Thursday, we can expect articles about her hair(especially if grey hairs are showing), her outfit, her post-baby figure(any flab will be zeroed in on). At the end of the articles in a two sentence throwaway the mental health charity will be mentioned.

The next article will be about Harry secretly sexting Cressida and Chelsy. With the writer saying how they can't resist his beard. And how now Catherine is encouraging William to grow a beard too.

There is a reason the British press has a horrible reputation worldwide. It is earned.
It is true the press only cares about the least interesting subjects of royalty. What matters is always less prominent in the press.
__________________

  #702  
Old 09-15-2015, 09:56 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
You will be sorely disappointed. Look at the military engagement Harry had today, yet all the talk/articles were about his beard. The British media is shallow as a reflection pool. They only care about the looks and the sex lives of the royals. As Richard Palmer admitted, the press are only interested in the "royal soap opera", if the royals don't provide one, one will be made up.

On Thursday, we can expect articles about her hair(especially if grey hairs are showing), her outfit, her post-baby figure(any flab will be zeroed in on). At the end of the articles in a two sentence throwaway the mental health charity will be mentioned.

The next article will be about Harry secretly sexting Cressida and Chelsy. With the writer saying how they can't resist his beard. And how now Catherine is encouraging William to grow a beard too.

There is a reason the British press has a horrible reputation worldwide. It is earned.
Sadly, this sums it up exactly.

What is also sad is that so many worldwide believe what is written. Some in the U.S. Really seem to buy into the DM which is the dustbin(trash can) of UK journalism.
__________________

__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #703  
Old 09-16-2015, 08:38 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 7,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Sadly, this sums it up exactly.

What is also sad is that so many worldwide believe what is written. Some in the U.S. Really seem to buy into the DM which is the dustbin(trash can) of UK journalism.
So true. Then again, there are people that are out there looking to buy the stories that have the "dirt" on well known personages. Their charities, patronages and the causes they back and the efforts they make to get these issues front and center just aren't exciting enough for them. They want the scandal and the over the fence gossip.

Its a totally different intelligence level if you ask me.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #704  
Old 09-16-2015, 09:53 AM
csw csw is offline
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Columbus, United States
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybees View Post
I don't want to go there Roslyn! I am hoping my mother will explain it to me when I am older.
hahaha - I think the correlation is after the fact, not causal! Sometimes newly pregnant women get a new hairstyle to disguise or distract from the signs of pregnancy. When people notice something "different" they can say, "oh yea, I got my hair cut."

I've also heard that women change their hair when they're ready to change a relationship. My son says a new hairstyle is a sure sign a woman is going to break up with you. It's like a little "practice" change.
  #705  
Old 09-16-2015, 11:10 AM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 3,706
New hairstyle would not really work to disguise a pregnancy for Kate since she has gotten extremely sick with HG with each child. They couldn't really hide it.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #706  
Old 09-16-2015, 12:08 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 3,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
hahaha - I think the correlation is after the fact, not causal! Sometimes newly pregnant women get a new hairstyle to disguise or distract from the signs of pregnancy. When people notice something "different" they can say, "oh yea, I got my hair cut."

I've also heard that women change their hair when they're ready to change a relationship. My son says a new hairstyle is a sure sign a woman is going to break up with you. It's like a little "practice" change.
Just wanted to add that sometimes the hormones will temporarily change the texture of your hair or you might experience hair loss/growth.
  #707  
Old 09-16-2015, 02:01 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 663
The Broadsheets and indeed specialist media outlets have already picked up on the D.O.C's visit to the Anna Freud Centre and that has been a boost for all who work in an unfashionable, 'unsexy' field. I hope D.O.C becomes as famous for her work as for her fashion.
  #708  
Old 09-16-2015, 02:53 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: N/A, United Kingdom
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Just wanted to add that sometimes the hormones will temporarily change the texture of your hair or you might experience hair loss/growth.
Yeah, but with wavy hair bangs are just part of making it more manageable. Kate has had bangs many times before like at the Wimbledon match this year and then pre marriage, as a curly/wavy hair person any type of layers are welcome to keep the hair in check. She already had 2 post birth appearances so the press know she's lost the baby weight.
Women shouldn't have to lose baby weight like that though, it's unrealistic. The media all over the world are pretty low, especially tabloids.
  #709  
Old 09-16-2015, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 3,145
^^^They've been beneficial to my curly/wavy hair as well. Funny thing is that with my own two pregnancies, my hair became straighter each time. My stylist at the time said she'd experienced the same and her other clients did as well.
  #710  
Old 09-16-2015, 05:19 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Sadly, this sums it up exactly.

What is also sad is that so many worldwide believe what is written. Some in the U.S. Really seem to buy into the DM which is the dustbin(trash can) of UK journalism.
I think you are incorrect. There are not many people in the U.S. who even read the Daily Fail, let alone believe what is written there. They are a joke and everybody knows it. The only reason to even go to the site is for the photos. On the other hand, most Americans who like gossip of the Brit royals read People magazine. People mag. love the Brit royals and never say anything negative about them.
  #711  
Old 09-16-2015, 05:31 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: n/a, United States
Posts: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by mslewis View Post
I think you are incorrect. There are not many people in the U.S. who even read the Daily Fail, let alone believe what is written there. They are a joke and everybody knows it. The only reason to even go to the site is for the photos. On the other hand, most Americans who like gossip of the Brit royals read People magazine. People mag. love the Brit royals and never say anything negative about them.
Actually, there are a lot of Americans who do go on the Daily Mail's website - they're aware that they have an American audience and actively work to cultivate that. However, I agree that most think it's a bit of a joke. People visit the site because of the pictures (I mean, if you actually read a lot of the text in the "articles," it's often apparent that the writing is an afterthought - there are a lot of cut-and-paste jobs with no proofreading). And, yes, I think if Americans, are actually going to read something about the royals, it's generally People magazine which is a much more respectable publication when it comes to these sort of things.
  #712  
Old 09-16-2015, 05:55 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
There is a reason the British press has a horrible reputation worldwide. It is earned.
Quick - tell me in which what county the press has a good rep? Actually, I watch the BBC here, often because I get a more open point of view. Or at very least, another POV from liberal and conservative talking points here, which can be very shallow.


  #713  
Old 09-16-2015, 06:04 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: n/a, United States
Posts: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Quick - tell me in which what county the press has a good rep? Actually, I watch the BBC here, often because I get a more open point of view. Or at very least, another POV from liberal and conservative talking points here, which can be very shallow.

It's the print media - and the tabloids specifically - that's the problem in the UK. TV and radio news is a totally different thing. Different countries have weak spots in different areas of journalism, and it really depends on the medium.
  #714  
Old 09-18-2015, 05:53 AM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 3,706
I was looking at the pictures of William at the Tusk Event with Joss Stone who performed. What popped in to my head was Joss Stone is like William's version of Kate's Sir Ben Ainslie.

Every time you see Kate and Sir Ben, they seem super happy and smiley. The same with Will and Joss Stone.

It makes you want to hang out with all of them on a sailboat with Joss singing on the deck.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #715  
Old 09-18-2015, 08:20 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I was looking at the pictures of William at the Tusk Event with Joss Stone who performed. What popped in to my head was Joss Stone is like William's version of Kate's Sir Ben Ainslie.

Every time you see Kate and Sir Ben, they seem super happy and smiley. The same with Will and Joss Stone.

It makes you want to hang out with all of them on a sailboat with Joss singing on the deck.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I know what you me! In my mind, Ben Anslie would flirt with Kate, and Joss Stone would be a perfect match for William (shouldn't they be married, that 's obvious) LOL
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #716  
Old 09-18-2015, 08:32 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I was looking at the pictures of William at the Tusk Event with Joss Stone who performed. What popped in to my head was Joss Stone is like William's version of Kate's Sir Ben Ainslie.

Every time you see Kate and Sir Ben, they seem super happy and smiley. The same with Will and Joss Stone.

It makes you want to hang out with all of them on a sailboat with Joss singing on the deck.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Hahah, how very true!! :P
  #717  
Old 09-18-2015, 08:51 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 12,313
It's Harry and Joss that glows together, I think.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #718  
Old 09-18-2015, 08:58 AM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 3,706
General News for the Cambridge Family Part 2: January 2015

Will is going to be more reserved with her since he is married and it's more his nature. Harry can be openly flirty. Joss is Harry's type. 😘


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #719  
Old 09-18-2015, 09:01 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It's Harry and Joss that glows together, I think.
Oh, don't get me started at that!!! (Since this is the wrong thread... but YES! Oh YES they dooooo!)
  #720  
Old 09-18-2015, 09:08 AM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Oh, don't get me started at that!!! (Since this is the wrong thread... but YES! Oh YES they dooooo!)
Off topic. I think Joss glows around men in general (and a lot of women too). I think she's charismatic and positive.



__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017 JessRulz The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 23 04-09-2017 02:32 AM
General News for the Duke of Cambridge 1: April 2012-March 2017 Zonk Current Events Archive 669 03-19-2017 12:29 AM




Popular Tags
albania andrew scott cooper ascot 2016 bernadotte best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit birthday brunei royal family child constantine ii coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion denmark duchess of cambridge duke of cambridge fashion poll game king abdullah ii king carl gustaf and queen silvia king philippe king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand norway norwegian royals november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince charles princess charlene outfits princess charlotte of cambridge princess marie princess mary princess mary casual style princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess sofia queen frederika queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen margrethe queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima at the women deliver conference queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania daytime fashion queen rania fashion queen silvia september 2016 state visit succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:13 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises