Old 01-15-2015, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Where is the link?

Old 01-15-2015, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Where is the link?
Here you are! I have seen it elsewhere but couldn't find it.

https://twitter.com/kensingtonroyal

Old 01-17-2015, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Kate, George and Pippa on m4 (William followed in another car apparently):

livelovelaughvr @livelovelaughvr · 22 h 22 ore fa

There was a traffic jam on the M4 and Kate waved to 1 onlooker showing her sapphire ring. She wore a dark top & is 'stunning in real life.'

livelovelaughvr @livelovelaughvr · 23 h 23 ore fa

Kate was in the drivers seat, Pippa Middleton next to her and baby George in the back. Prince William followed behind in another car.

There is one very blurry pic... I won't post it
Old 01-17-2015, 05:15 PM
Serene Highness

Is it just me or do they seem to travel in separate cars quite alot?
Old 01-17-2015, 05:25 PM
Heir Apparent

The Nanny was probably there too plus police officers and Lupo. They are all not going to fit in one car.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 01-17-2015, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps they were going to need both of their cars for the weekend.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Perhaps they were going to need both of their cars for the weekend.
My first thought as well :P
Old 01-20-2015, 04:47 AM
Heir Apparent

photo taken in Bucklebury:

https://twitter.com/Duchess_Files/st...140352/photo/1
Old 01-30-2015, 12:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Benedict Cumberbatch has urged the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to help convince the government to pardon 49,000 men convicted under outdated indecency laws-
Benedict Cumberbatch calls on Duchess of Cambridge to help overturn 'intolerable' gay convictions - Telegraph

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-30-2015, 12:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Benedict Cumberbatch has urged the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to help convince the government to pardon 49,000 men convicted under outdated indecency laws-
Benedict Cumberbatch calls on Duchess of Cambridge to help overturn 'intolerable' gay convictions - Telegraph
Whoa, he's clever. He knows how to get the press' attention. (not saying it isn't worth it, just clever). I wonder, there is no possible good way for William and Kate to respond.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Whoa, he's clever. He knows how to get the press' attention. (not saying it isn't worth it, just clever). I wonder, there is no possible good way for William and Kate to respond.
Well, he has called upon a number of people help in this matter. From a personal perspective, I hope he succeeds, but I am not sure William and Catherine will be able to assist as it may be deemed too political. I am also not sure whether any members of the royal family have any links to LGBT organisations through which indirect royal support might come from.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Cumberbatch has become too big for his breeches. He should know that his request would be a no-no.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:53 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Well, he has called upon a number of people help in this matter. From a personal perspective, I hope he succeeds, but I am not sure William and Catherine will be able to assist as it may be deemed too political. I am also not sure whether any members of the royal family have any links to LGBT organisations through which indirect royal support might come from.
I agree fully with you. I was amazed (and happy) when CP Victoria gave out a price at the Swedish Gay Gala. But it might be to much of a subject in Britain. I would love if they did something but I doubt they will. Good for Cumberbatch though. Very smart move to drop their names, it will get attention.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Revisionism is becoming fashionable. Think of the millions of people world wide who would have to be pardoned because of the changes in the law over time. In addition, how many dead people are guilty of crimes in today's world that were not guilty at the time.

In the ebb and flow of changes in legislation, it would be guilty today, not guilty tomorrow - oops back to being guilty again.

It needs to stop.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-30-2015, 04:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Clever move on Cumberbatch's part. It's certainly going to get more attention for this cause, which I fully support. I can't imagine William responding even if he does think it's a good idea but if he does respond favourably I will be mightily impressed with him.

As I understand it, the main issue is that one man was pardoned. Either all who were convicted of the "crime" ought to be pardoned, or none. In a society which now allows gay marriage, it would be a nice gesture for those who were convicted and are still living, and their families.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Clever move on Cumberbatch's part. It's certainly going to get more attention for this cause, which I fully support. I can't imagine William responding even if he does think it's a good idea but if he does respond favourably I will be mightily impressed with him.

As I understand it, the main issue is that one man was pardoned. Either all who were convicted of the "crime" ought to be pardoned, or none. In a society which now allows gay marriage, it would be a nice gesture for those who were convicted and are still living, and their families.
the one that was pardoned was Turning hence Cumberbatch's interest

Old 01-30-2015, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
the one that was pardoned was Turning hence Cumberbatch's interest
I am well aware of that. Stephen Fry has a more general interest in the subject.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I am well aware of that. Stephen Fry has a more general interest in the subject.
true - promoting the subject of your latest film is not good
(sorry for the previous typo - it should have been Turing)

Old 01-30-2015, 07:10 PM
Royal Highness

W&K may not be able to actively campaign for this, but engagements which have some gay parents front and center would be a supportive gesture (they may indeed have done such events-idk). BC is right to speak out on issues he believes in- he seems to be an intelligent and thoughtful person. Not all entertainers are airheads like (----fill in the blank). This is a civil rights issue for many of us today, whether straight, gay, lesbian, or transgender.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-30-2015, 07:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
W&K may not be able to actively campaign for this, but engagements which have some gay parents front and center would be a supportive gesture (they may indeed have done such events-idk). BK is right to speak out on issues he believes in- he seems to be an intelligent and thoughtful person. Not all entertainers are airheads like (----fill in the blank). This is a civil rights issue for many of us today, whether straight, gay, lesbian, or transgender.
I know that when they had the George playdate in NZ the parents of the babies was from alot of "races" and there was also (at least) one gay couple and a single parent. They (the charity) said they just called up people from their organization and that the first ones that answered got the spots, but I think they would have been very lucky to get such a politically correct mix of parents just by chance :P

I agree that he has all the right. I don't think he does it to promote the movie. Just got to know the facts through playing in the movie which inspired his thoughts.

Closed Thread