The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 01-15-2015, 12:09 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rose Bush, United States
Posts: 5,232
Where is the link?
__________________

  #42  
Old 01-15-2015, 02:38 PM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Where is the link?
Here you are! I have seen it elsewhere but couldn't find it.

https://twitter.com/kensingtonroyal
__________________

__________________
JACK
  #43  
Old 01-17-2015, 03:40 PM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,071
Kate, George and Pippa on m4 (William followed in another car apparently):

livelovelaughvr @livelovelaughvr · 22 h 22 ore fa

There was a traffic jam on the M4 and Kate waved to 1 onlooker showing her sapphire ring. She wore a dark top & is 'stunning in real life.'




livelovelaughvr @livelovelaughvr · 23 h 23 ore fa

Kate was in the drivers seat, Pippa Middleton next to her and baby George in the back. Prince William followed behind in another car.


There is one very blurry pic... I won't post it
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #44  
Old 01-17-2015, 05:15 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,561
Is it just me or do they seem to travel in separate cars quite alot?
  #45  
Old 01-17-2015, 05:25 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,152
The Nanny was probably there too plus police officers and Lupo. They are all not going to fit in one car.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #46  
Old 01-17-2015, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 4,162
Perhaps they were going to need both of their cars for the weekend.
  #47  
Old 01-17-2015, 05:47 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Perhaps they were going to need both of their cars for the weekend.
My first thought as well :P
  #48  
Old 01-20-2015, 04:47 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,071
photo taken in Bucklebury:

https://twitter.com/Duchess_Files/st...140352/photo/1
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #49  
Old 01-30-2015, 12:43 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,652
Benedict Cumberbatch has urged the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to help convince the government to pardon 49,000 men convicted under outdated indecency laws-
Benedict Cumberbatch calls on Duchess of Cambridge to help overturn 'intolerable' gay convictions - Telegraph
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #50  
Old 01-30-2015, 12:48 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Benedict Cumberbatch has urged the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge to help convince the government to pardon 49,000 men convicted under outdated indecency laws-
Benedict Cumberbatch calls on Duchess of Cambridge to help overturn 'intolerable' gay convictions - Telegraph
Whoa, he's clever. He knows how to get the press' attention. (not saying it isn't worth it, just clever). I wonder, there is no possible good way for William and Kate to respond.
  #51  
Old 01-30-2015, 02:30 PM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Whoa, he's clever. He knows how to get the press' attention. (not saying it isn't worth it, just clever). I wonder, there is no possible good way for William and Kate to respond.
Well, he has called upon a number of people help in this matter. From a personal perspective, I hope he succeeds, but I am not sure William and Catherine will be able to assist as it may be deemed too political. I am also not sure whether any members of the royal family have any links to LGBT organisations through which indirect royal support might come from.
__________________
JACK
  #52  
Old 01-30-2015, 02:47 PM
KittyAtlanta's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KittyLand Junction, United States
Posts: 3,144
Cumberbatch has become too big for his breeches. He should know that his request would be a no-no.
__________________
Yes, I said it. No, I won't apologize. Yes, I will say it again.
  #53  
Old 01-30-2015, 02:53 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Well, he has called upon a number of people help in this matter. From a personal perspective, I hope he succeeds, but I am not sure William and Catherine will be able to assist as it may be deemed too political. I am also not sure whether any members of the royal family have any links to LGBT organisations through which indirect royal support might come from.
I agree fully with you. I was amazed (and happy) when CP Victoria gave out a price at the Swedish Gay Gala. But it might be to much of a subject in Britain. I would love if they did something but I doubt they will. Good for Cumberbatch though. Very smart move to drop their names, it will get attention.
  #54  
Old 01-30-2015, 04:00 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,337
Revisionism is becoming fashionable. Think of the millions of people world wide who would have to be pardoned because of the changes in the law over time. In addition, how many dead people are guilty of crimes in today's world that were not guilty at the time.

In the ebb and flow of changes in legislation, it would be guilty today, not guilty tomorrow - oops back to being guilty again.

It needs to stop.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #55  
Old 01-30-2015, 04:44 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 3,955
Clever move on Cumberbatch's part. It's certainly going to get more attention for this cause, which I fully support. I can't imagine William responding even if he does think it's a good idea but if he does respond favourably I will be mightily impressed with him.

As I understand it, the main issue is that one man was pardoned. Either all who were convicted of the "crime" ought to be pardoned, or none. In a society which now allows gay marriage, it would be a nice gesture for those who were convicted and are still living, and their families.
__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
  #56  
Old 01-30-2015, 05:05 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Clever move on Cumberbatch's part. It's certainly going to get more attention for this cause, which I fully support. I can't imagine William responding even if he does think it's a good idea but if he does respond favourably I will be mightily impressed with him.

As I understand it, the main issue is that one man was pardoned. Either all who were convicted of the "crime" ought to be pardoned, or none. In a society which now allows gay marriage, it would be a nice gesture for those who were convicted and are still living, and their families.
the one that was pardoned was Turning hence Cumberbatch's interest
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #57  
Old 01-30-2015, 05:44 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 3,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
the one that was pardoned was Turning hence Cumberbatch's interest
I am well aware of that. Stephen Fry has a more general interest in the subject.
__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
  #58  
Old 01-30-2015, 07:07 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I am well aware of that. Stephen Fry has a more general interest in the subject.
true - promoting the subject of your latest film is not good
(sorry for the previous typo - it should have been Turing)
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #59  
Old 01-30-2015, 07:10 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 2,544
W&K may not be able to actively campaign for this, but engagements which have some gay parents front and center would be a supportive gesture (they may indeed have done such events-idk). BC is right to speak out on issues he believes in- he seems to be an intelligent and thoughtful person. Not all entertainers are airheads like (----fill in the blank). This is a civil rights issue for many of us today, whether straight, gay, lesbian, or transgender.
__________________
"If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.”

Abraham Lincoln
  #60  
Old 01-30-2015, 07:19 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
W&K may not be able to actively campaign for this, but engagements which have some gay parents front and center would be a supportive gesture (they may indeed have done such events-idk). BK is right to speak out on issues he believes in- he seems to be an intelligent and thoughtful person. Not all entertainers are airheads like (----fill in the blank). This is a civil rights issue for many of us today, whether straight, gay, lesbian, or transgender.
I know that when they had the George playdate in NZ the parents of the babies was from alot of "races" and there was also (at least) one gay couple and a single parent. They (the charity) said they just called up people from their organization and that the first ones that answered got the spots, but I think they would have been very lucky to get such a politically correct mix of parents just by chance :P

I agree that he has all the right. I don't think he does it to promote the movie. Just got to know the facts through playing in the movie which inspired his thoughts.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017 JessRulz The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family 682 10-06-2019 07:37 PM
General News for the Duke of Cambridge 1: April 2012-March 2017 Zonk Current Events Archive 660 03-19-2017 12:29 AM




Popular Tags
administrator archie mountbatten-windsor aristocracy belgian royal belgian royal family bracelets crown crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife crusades current events danish royalty denmark discussão duchess of cambridge duchess of sussex duke & duchess of cambridge; duke of sussex dutch royal family earl of wessex felipe vi foundation french revolution friendly city future genealogy germany greece headship house of bernadotte jerusalem kiko king salman lady louise mountbatten-windsor lithuania lithuanian palaces meghan markle memoir monaco history monaco royal monarchism monogram mountbatten netflix nobel prize official visit pakistan prince charles prince daniel prince harry prince peter princess margaret princess royal queen paola rania of jordan rown royal children royal tour russian imperial family saudi arabia savoy saxony south africa spain spanish history state visit state visit to denmark sweden trump visit from sweden


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises
×