General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's up to the Queen to determine.

Actually, the ball is in William and Catherine's hands. It's not up to The Queen. She would welcome them. They know what they have to do.

Actually, the ball is in William and Catherine's hands. It's not up to The Queen. She would welcome them. They know what they have to do.

Exactly. William and Catherine from now will go on to have more royal duties. The Queen is about to do 90 years, and despite having an iron health, age is moving forward and so it will have less official duties and they will have to replace in some official acts.
William shortly devrão leave your job in helicopters ..

Is it up to the Queen (and Charles) since she control the money

Is it up to the Queen (and Charles) since she control the money

Again, people forget that too.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Plus William and Kate can't really do the Queen's official duties. If she can't do them, then there is a regent who would be Charles. William can't sign state papers on her behalf unless councillor of state are appointed. He can't start greeting Ambassadors on his own or having weekly meetings with the PM.

More engagements cost more money which may not be available.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Plus William and Kate can't really do the Queen's official duties. If she can't do them, then there is a regent who would be Charles. William can't sign state papers on her behalf unless councillor of state are appointed. He can't start greeting Ambassadors on his own or having weekly meetings with the PM.

More engagements cost more money which may not be available.

No one expects the Cambridge's to do the job of The Queen's role as Monarch. I'm just saying that the ball is in the Cambridge's court. They know some decisions for them are coming up in the next two years.

And they will make those when it is necessary. But now when the Queen is still active and willing, William and Kate can do what they have said they were going to -helicopter/kids plus royal duties. Several already announced for September. If the Queen and Charles didn't approve than they would not be doing it and the same thing with Harry who has barely spent anytime in the UK this year.

William and Kate must begin to appear more and lead fulfilled official agenda, because it is the time comes to assume more responsibility. In a few years will be Princes of Wales ....
The Duke has a full time job in addition to his royal duties and the Duchess has an infant and a toddler. I think they are amply occupied. There are plenty of royal family members cutting ribbons already.

The Duke has a full time job in addition to his royal duties and the Duchess has an infant and a toddler. I think they are amply occupied. There are plenty of royal family members cutting ribbons already.

Pretty sure William has an infant and a toddler too...

And they will make those when it is necessary. But now when the Queen is still active and willing, William and Kate can do what they have said they were going to -helicopter/kids plus royal duties. Several already announced for September. If the Queen and Charles didn't approve than they would not be doing it and the same thing with Harry who has barely spent anytime in the UK this year.

:previous: I agree. Also there is an heir to the throne and consort who are expected to be carrying out duties and so they do perform hundreds of engagements on behalf of the Queen. If HM and the DoE did not agree to the current arrangement, then they would have not given their approval to William working for EAAA and Harry transitioning from the Army to civilian life and his volunteer work with injured service members.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure William has an infant and a toddler too...

That's why he has the helicopter job ? #daddykidsfreetime#

It was good to see William and Catherine again. It's been awhile, but I'm looking forward to seeing them out and about and doing their official duties again.

I wonder what those little Cambridge crumb snatchers are up to at home.

All pregnancy speculation has been removed.

If you wish to speculate on that topic, do so via PM.

I believe alot of people imagine H.M to have more power and financial freedom than she may in reality have. Why were the Palaces opened to the general public? Why were repairs not made at Buckingham Palace for so long? The British Government and British tax payers decide ultimately if the royal family remains or not. The British Monarchy website has facts and figures on the financial situation. H.M is not an autocrat. H.M does not have absolute power. There is also ' The way a head ' forum is there not? I suspect they may have some say in the role and future roles of The Cambridges.

Maybe I should post this on the fashion thread, but as the matter is being brought up here I can only join the comments. I think the fringe doesn't suit her at all, but this one that Kate wears is far better than the awful bangs she sported during the early days with George's pregnancy... I think that maybe a more defined a clear-cut fringe would suit her better.... IMO this one is because hair has grown and with the baby and all she hadn't had time to cut it LOL. Otherwise I don't know why she would let her hair like that... I think Kate prefers her hair back to normal... I am almost sure those bangs will vanish once she visits the hairdresser...

For a moment I thought she had cut her hair because should-length would look quite good on her.... that I saw it was just the pic that made it look like that.

Exactly. William and Catherine from now will go on to have more royal duties. The Queen is about to do 90 years, and despite having an iron health, age is moving forward and so it will have less official duties and they will have to replace in some official acts.
William shortly devrão leave your job in helicopters ..

Says who?

Are you intimating that your opinion overrules that of Her Majesty?

I was shocked when I saw that new haircut. She looks much older as she does anyway. So no good choice!

I don't think it's a new haircut...I just think she has bangs (as she has done before) and pulled her hair back...and I think she looks tired (not surprisingly).

LaRae

The photo was also taken through the window of a moving car. Not the most flattering light situation for anyone. She may look just fine with the hair cut. Or maybe it was an accurate photo. We will know better next week

TBH I really didn't see much of a change in her hairstyle.

I don't think Catherine looks tired. The picture was taken in a moving car and her and William appear to be talking. I'm not sure she's interested in a new hairstyle. We have yet to see Catherine do anything interesting with her hair, but wear it down (most of the time) and up once in a blue moon.

I agree. I think she looks tired, and I am not fond of the "bangs", which don't really look like bangs to me...Maybe more layers around her face would have been nice.

Last edited:
I agree. I think she looks tired, and I am not fond of the "bangs", which don't really look like bangs to me...Maybe more layers around her face would have been nice. I'm reading rumors of another pregnancy, which reminds me that either with George or Charlotte (can't remember which now) she had a similar hair style change.

She had bangs just before it was announced she was pregnant with George.

I happened across the video of the interview she and William gave after their engagement was announced, she had bangs then too. I would not read anything into Catherine having bangs now.

:huh: I'm intrigued by the hint of a connection between Kate getting a fringe and conceiving a child. The mind boggles!

She had bangs just before it was announced she was pregnant with George.

I happened across the video of the interview she and William gave after their engagement was announced, she had bangs then too. I would not read anything into Catherine having bangs now.
I was hoping someone would be less lazy that I was and research the bangs/when they happened. Bless you DOD.
If we look at Kate's hair and think about it - all those previous bang cuttings can be seen and they add to the bounce of the front of her hair.

I'll be glad once Catherine hit the pavement and focus on her official engagements. I've already grown tired over the talk about her hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom