The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 02:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

People have to be very careful on how they portray the Cambridge family. William nor Catherine go out much, and they devote a great deal of time and energy to their family life. There's no doubt that when William is off from work, the guy is at home with his wife and children.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-19-2015, 06:45 AM
Courtier

Intended to provoke I am sure, but way too obvious to have the desired effect I think.

Perhaps it's only sarcasm.

Old 08-19-2015, 06:58 AM
Heir Apparent

William was at the races with his male friends a couple of weeks ago, though. A photo was taken and I think Tom Van S. was with him in the group so he's not always at Amner when he's off duty.

As a mother of three and grandmother I know all about the exhaustion, need to feed baby etc., however, I do think it's a bit sad that Kate couldn't feel that she could join William at a lovely Devon village wedding, with her husband's friends around them. However tired you are, an enjoyable social occasion can revive you, as well as getting you out of the house and your daily routine. William has now been to several weddings on his own, which isn't the best either. I hope that Kate isn't suffering from a bit of post-natal depression.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:40 AM
Majesty

Perhaps Catherine just enjoys being at home more than being social. Not everyone finds socializing invigorating, or relaxing. My thought is, that while William was at the wedding, Catherine may have asked the nanny to take the children, so that she could enjoy some alone-time. As someone who spends a great deal of time with small children, I cat attest to just wanting to be myself for a few hours during free moments, rather than spending those moments in a social setting, even if the occasion is something lovely, like a friend's wedding.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:56 AM
Heir Apparent

What relatively recently married couple with new children is only able to do what's "best." Grown up people make decisions that may not be "best" by anyone else's standards but work at that time and for them.

I'd like to suggest that the public over-analyzing their personal choices increases rather than decreases the issues this particular couple faces. Glass houses, people.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:58 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Perhaps Catherine just enjoys being at home more than being social. Not everyone finds socializing invigorating, or relaxing. My thought is, that while William was at the wedding, Catherine may have asked the nanny to take the children, so that she could enjoy some alone-time. As someone who spends a great deal of time with small children, I cat attest to just wanting to be myself for a few hours during free moments, rather than spending those moments in a social setting, even if the occasion is something lovely, like a friend's wedding.

Exactly. To me, socializing is exhausting.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
William was at the races with his male friends a couple of weeks ago, though. A photo was taken and I think Tom Van S. was with him in the group so he's not always at Amner when he's off duty.

As a mother of three and grandmother I know all about the exhaustion, need to feed baby etc., however, I do think it's a bit sad that Kate couldn't feel that she could join William at a lovely Devon village wedding, with her husband's friends around them. However tired you are, an enjoyable social occasion can revive you, as well as getting you out of the house and your daily routine. William has now been to several weddings on his own, which isn't the best either. I hope that Kate isn't suffering from a bit of post-natal depression.
Very true!
William shouldn't always have to attend social events on his own- he's starting to look like Naruhito!

Kate has plenty of household help; she can accompany William on occasion without over-taxing herself.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:54 AM
Heir Apparent

General News for the Cambridge Family Part 2: January 2015

Kate has been to three weddings on her own that I know of- including Sam Whaley-Cohen's in 2011 and her first cousin Adam Middleton's last year. No one complained that William didn't bother to show up.

They don't have to do everything together. Will can go play football with the guys, Kate and Pippa can check out the stores.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-19-2015, 09:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
It's exhausting to me, too. I hate it. So I don't do it. But I can get away with not doing it. But the woman who set her cap at Prince William and is now married to the future King of England can't, because that makes her the future Princess of Wales and Queen Consort for the rest of her life if she outlives her husband, not just till retirement age. And if she really finds socializing exhausting she made a very, very poor career choice because there's no out for her. If she really feels that way then she's a fool.

Why on earth should anyone feel sorry for her? She has all the resources in the world available to her: nannies, nurses, housekeepers, maids, cooks, gardeners, and also family members to assist. Surely she can get out for a few hours to appear at an event with her husband. If she wants to be with him - or he with her - that is! It's entirely possible that neither of them wants to be in the company of the other.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Same here. I'm not a 'people' person at all for many reasons, so when I have to be pleasant, and social in an unfamiliar crowd, I become just the opposite. I think even the best of us, with kick-butt social skills can have days when being social is just not wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
It's exhausting to me, too. I hate it. So I don't do it. But I can get away with not doing it. But the woman who set her cap at Prince William and is now married to the future King of England can't, because that makes her the future Princess of Wales and Queen Consort for the rest of her life if she outlives her husband, not just till retirement age. And if she really finds socializing exhausting she made a very, very poor career choice because there's no out for her. If she really feels that way then she's a fool.

Why on earth should anyone feel sorry for her? She has all the resources in the world available to her: nannies, nurses, housekeepers, maids, cooks, gardeners, and also family members to assist. Surely she can get out for a few hours to appear at an event with her husband. If she wants to be with him - or he with her - that is! It's entirely possible that neither of them wants to be in the company of the other.
We're talking about a private event. And just because two people who are married are not attached at the hip all the time, doesn't mean they don't want to be with each other. It means they're independent enough to have their own pursuits, and interests.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think the media and others online are making a big deal about this, because royal appearances are very slow in the month of August. Also, William & Catherine haven't done a joint official engagement since late July. Everybody and their grandmother know William & Catherine attend friends weddings (sometimes together and sometimes separate). It's nothing new at all.

Once their official engagements resume, people will move on about William's solo appearance at a wedding. I guess some engagement announcements will come soon.

To start making this about the state of their marriage is beyond ridiculous and very much unnecessary.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-19-2015, 03:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I am more surprise that online media have pick it up on this nonsense of a solo attendance at a wedding that on the last letter issued by KP...
Old 08-19-2015, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I think this whole thing is so overblown. There could be a number of reasons why Kate didn't attend and I find it sad that the media is trying to shame her for not going to the wedding. It's not an official event, so who cares if she didn't go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post

Sometimes staying home is the best solution though. I've missed a few social events because I was just too exhausted and knew that I wouldn't be good company.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:41 PM
Serene Highness

Obviously the media couldn't think up anything else to beat up Catherine with than this silly story. I guess her press has been pretty good lately and some people couldn't stand it. They probably had their nose out of joint because of the recent paparazzi letter.
Old 08-19-2015, 06:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think it's in the news because she meant to go and she didn't ...as simple as that no hidden agenda just doing the job their paid for.

Old 08-19-2015, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

That she was going is only from an unnamed source who claimed they saw a seating plan on a mirror. Newspapers have been known to make things up at times.

Old 08-19-2015, 07:35 PM

There are a number of possibilities,

1. It does not matter how many nannies you have she physically had the baby and she maybe is still not 100%.

2. They are probably invited to lots of society weddings and have possibly agreed that unless really close friends of both they will divide the invites between them, If not they could be at a wedding every weekend of the summer, it looks good to have royalty at your wedding, every former school chum will invite them.

3. One of the children could have been under the weather and she didn't want to leave them with the nanny,royalty or not she is their mother and a sick child wants their mum.

4.Could be pay back time by Catherine, remember some of her husbands so called friends made life difficult for her regarding her parents and middle class upbringing, she might just be refusing to turn up if she doesn't like them. she doesn't have to,
Old 08-19-2015, 08:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Obviously the media couldn't think up anything else to beat up Catherine with than this silly story. I guess her press has been pretty good lately and some people couldn't stand it. They probably had their nose out of joint because of the recent paparazzi letter.
my thoughts exactly. this is one of a few random 'stirring the pot' stories that have come out in the past week. this too shall pass.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
4.Could be pay back time by Catherine, remember some of her husbands so called friends made life difficult for her regarding her parents and middle class upbringing, she might just be refusing to turn up if she doesn't like them. she doesn't have to,
Hmm. An interesting approach to payback. I would have thought that by not going she's giving them what they want: their friend and future king minus his mock-worthy, middle-class, wife.

In this situation, "payback" would be insisting on going, and swanning around showing off Big Blue and making it clear she is the future Queen Consort and thus more important in their social stratum than any of them, all the while knowing they don't really want her there but wouldn't dare say anything against her now.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

General News for the Cambridge Family Part 2: January 2015

Think this saying covers that
"Revenge is a dish best served cold" ..

Closed Thread