General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean to call you a liar but how do you know she is buying new clothes?
John Lewis sells many products - a bit like a department store. Maybe she was returning Christmas gifts she didn't like and exchanging them? lol

LOL she certainly was shopping forsomething othet than groceries.... I don't think she looked exhuasted at all...

Last edited:
LOL she certainly was shopping forsomething othet than groceries.... I don't think she looked exhuasted at all...

I was just disputing your clothes claim. It would be like saying people only buy clothes at Target, nonsensical!

Well to be fair she was shopping for new clothes so that activity is no tiring at all for her it seems.... and I don't mean any criticism... just that it is exaggerated to say she is tired IMO....

Well I get tired from shopping. In fact, I found shopping exhausting while pregnant. I don't see why it's an exaggeration to say she looks tired. She does look tired to me.

Last edited:
oops sorry for my mistake, I should have know that she could have bought other things a part from clothes... just relax:whistling:

Well I get tired from shopping. In fact, I found shopping exhausting while pregnant. I don't see why it's an exaggeration to say she looks tired. She does look tired to me.

If you say so, okay:flowers: I have a different opinion

Wow, I agree. I can find it fun sometimes, but you are really sore after a day of shopping. There's a reason many stores have chairs to sit on. They are not only for purse-holding boyfriends :p

Out shopping? Must have an engagement coming up? I think some people read too much into photos IMO

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Out shopping? Must have an engagement coming up? I think some people read too much into photos IMO

Or she, like millions of other people around the world, realized there was a need to go and shop for something she needed. I'm sure there are other options that could have been made available to her as having the store send over a selection of goods for her to choose from (ala The Queen shopping for Christmas gifts) or sending out a staff member for the errand. From what we know of Kate over the past years, she prefers to do things herself.

Could be also that as George approaches the terrible twos, she had a trying day with him and just needed some breathing room for a bit. Who knows?

Link to their new Twitter account;
@KensingtonRoyal: This account represents The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry - follow for updates on their work and the #RoyalFoundation

Link to their new Twitter account;
@KensingtonRoyal: This account represents The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry - follow for updates on their work and the #RoyalFoundation

Promises "behind the scenes photos." Interesting.

Kate, George and Pippa on m4 (William followed in another car apparently):

livelovelaughvr @livelovelaughvr · 22 h 22 ore fa

There was a traffic jam on the M4 and Kate waved to 1 onlooker showing her sapphire ring. She wore a dark top & is 'stunning in real life.'

livelovelaughvr @livelovelaughvr · 23 h 23 ore fa

Kate was in the drivers seat, Pippa Middleton next to her and baby George in the back. Prince William followed behind in another car.

There is one very blurry pic... I won't post it

Is it just me or do they seem to travel in separate cars quite alot?

The Nanny was probably there too plus police officers and Lupo. They are all not going to fit in one car.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Perhaps they were going to need both of their cars for the weekend.

Whoa, he's clever. He knows how to get the press' attention. (not saying it isn't worth it, just clever). I wonder, there is no possible good way for William and Kate to respond.

Well, he has called upon a number of people help in this matter. From a personal perspective, I hope he succeeds, but I am not sure William and Catherine will be able to assist as it may be deemed too political. I am also not sure whether any members of the royal family have any links to LGBT organisations through which indirect royal support might come from.

Cumberbatch has become too big for his breeches. He should know that his request would be a no-no.

Well, he has called upon a number of people help in this matter. From a personal perspective, I hope he succeeds, but I am not sure William and Catherine will be able to assist as it may be deemed too political. I am also not sure whether any members of the royal family have any links to LGBT organisations through which indirect royal support might come from.
I agree fully with you. I was amazed (and happy) when CP Victoria gave out a price at the Swedish Gay Gala. But it might be to much of a subject in Britain. I would love if they did something but I doubt they will. Good for Cumberbatch though. Very smart move to drop their names, it will get attention.

Revisionism is becoming fashionable. Think of the millions of people world wide who would have to be pardoned because of the changes in the law over time. In addition, how many dead people are guilty of crimes in today's world that were not guilty at the time.

In the ebb and flow of changes in legislation, it would be guilty today, not guilty tomorrow - oops back to being guilty again.

It needs to stop.

Clever move on Cumberbatch's part. It's certainly going to get more attention for this cause, which I fully support. I can't imagine William responding even if he does think it's a good idea but if he does respond favourably I will be mightily impressed with him.

As I understand it, the main issue is that one man was pardoned. Either all who were convicted of the "crime" ought to be pardoned, or none. In a society which now allows gay marriage, it would be a nice gesture for those who were convicted and are still living, and their families.

Clever move on Cumberbatch's part. It's certainly going to get more attention for this cause, which I fully support. I can't imagine William responding even if he does think it's a good idea but if he does respond favourably I will be mightily impressed with him.

As I understand it, the main issue is that one man was pardoned. Either all who were convicted of the "crime" ought to be pardoned, or none. In a society which now allows gay marriage, it would be a nice gesture for those who were convicted and are still living, and their families.

the one that was pardoned was Turning hence Cumberbatch's interest

the one that was pardoned was Turning hence Cumberbatch's interest

I am well aware of that. Stephen Fry has a more general interest in the subject.

I am well aware of that. Stephen Fry has a more general interest in the subject.

true - promoting the subject of your latest film is not good
(sorry for the previous typo - it should have been Turing)

Last edited:
W&K may not be able to actively campaign for this, but engagements which have some gay parents front and center would be a supportive gesture (they may indeed have done such events-idk). BC is right to speak out on issues he believes in- he seems to be an intelligent and thoughtful person. Not all entertainers are airheads like (----fill in the blank). This is a civil rights issue for many of us today, whether straight, gay, lesbian, or transgender.

Last edited:
W&K may not be able to actively campaign for this, but engagements which have some gay parents front and center would be a supportive gesture (they may indeed have done such events-idk). BK is right to speak out on issues he believes in- he seems to be an intelligent and thoughtful person. Not all entertainers are airheads like (----fill in the blank). This is a civil rights issue for many of us today, whether straight, gay, lesbian, or transgender.
I know that when they had the George playdate in NZ the parents of the babies was from alot of "races" and there was also (at least) one gay couple and a single parent. They (the charity) said they just called up people from their organization and that the first ones that answered got the spots, but I think they would have been very lucky to get such a politically correct mix of parents just by chance :p

I agree that he has all the right. I don't think he does it to promote the movie. Just got to know the facts through playing in the movie which inspired his thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom