General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: True . . . but we don't knock the photos. Weirdly enough they have some of the very best photographs.

I doubt The Fail has written articles on anyone being a Lizard, those kind of comments tends to be written by commentators and then removed.

I doubt The Fail has written articles on anyone being a Lizard, those kind of comments tends to be written by commentators and then removed.
No, I meant the comments. Because the person said "under the article"

:previous: True . . . but we don't knock the photos. Weirdly enough they have some of the very best photographs.

And that is the very reason why I and many others keep going back, no matter how distorted the written content is!!

Clearly their budget is going towards photos and not good journalism.;)

And that is the very reason why I and many others keep going back, no matter how distorted the written content is!!

Clearly their budget is going towards photos and not good journalism.;)
Exactly! It annoys me that they have so good pictures!

I'm certainly not questioning Kate's work ethic. I think she brings a lot to the table. But at the time for the Daily Mail and the Mirror it was about why isn't this 'middleclass' girl working 9-5 at Burger King. Who is she to lark around the caribbean with William.

Kate's 'lack' of work ethic like almost everything negative about the royals is a tabloid invention.

On another note. The rumour mill on twitter tonight has the Cambridges (George and Charlotte included) embarking on a major tour of the Caribbean next year.

Anyone seen a source?

The British Virgin Islands, Bahamas and Cayman Islands are now being "reported" as the Carribean destinations Rudolph.

(Not official of course.)

People indicates the Caribbean for the Royal tour in 2016 but without the kids

http://www.people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,20395222_20947866,00.html

Of course nothing is official yet. It makes sense to leave the kids back in the UK. The Caribbean doesn't really set up for the hub and spoke system they used in Australia and New Zealand. Plus George had outings in both countries. If Charlotte and George do something in Jamaica for example but not Bahamas then people will get up set in the snubbed country.

Maybe we get the whole family tour in a fall trip -maybe back to Canada?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Canada is accustomed to high profile royal visits. The Queen has visited Canada more than any of her other overseas realms.

The Caribbean does seem to be the destination, just the details to work out. I too doubt George and Charlotte will go although the tabloids will scream W&K 'abandon' them if they don't go.

To me Canada would make perfect sense if they wanted to do a second tour in 2016 with George and Charlotte. It would set up for the hub and spoke system if they confined it to an eastern or western base. Commonwealth realm. It's been 5 years since WK have been there.

I guess William & Catherine will decide whether they'll take the kids or not nearer the time of the tour.

Well, it's September and it's time for some official engagement announcements to be made. Hopefully, that will be coming soon.

You'll be happy to know Dman, Twitter is on fire with talk of the Duke and Duchess being present at the Braemar Games/Gathering when they're up in Scotland this month.

(The source is the local media/newpaper - not officially announced.)

Last edited:
You'll be happy to know Dman, Twitter is on fire with talk of the Duke and Duchess being present at the Braemar Games/Gathering when they're up in Scotland this month.

William, pack your kilt!

This would be so fun. For non-Braemar fans, the Queen and the POW tend to go all giggly at a point in the competition that seems to coincide with the sack race OR the tug of war. Some years they cry they laugh so hard. I've not been, so I am not sure, but I have scoured photos for years looking for clues to reason for this giggle fest. Here, Charles explains to Anne with reason for the mirth and even SHE is impressed: http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/10...dbXpa4MuQax1pIoiweoWMZVT3C3ewOEFwPziB30RZFg==
I'd love to see Kate and Wills crack up here too. Di famously almost fell asleep here, one year. Bad show, that, no matter how badly things were going with Charles. Camilla seems to "get it" that it ill be chilly but good old country fun.
And the games definitely deserve some special award for Best Use of Heather in Bloom at a Public Event. Year after year, they nail it. Peeping round the heather could almost be judged, I think: http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/15...zg7vL+QafngLLKqlcCuvRLKRIpnpMKVXMlO0LCOJkcg==
Then, of course there are the brawny lads in kilts tossing cabers and the Bonnie lads and lassies dancing and - I just go all a flutter. And there's nothing like the sight of a good Sporran, or several. ;)

@RE_DailyMail: And I know there has been some talk about William and Kate being at the Braemar Games and Church this weekend. They won't be, I'm told.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 2h2 hours ago
I should point out, though, that they will be in Scotland next week...

If they are already going to be in Scotland...why wouldn't they pop over to the games?

LaRae

That they will be in Scotland next week has all but been officially confirmed. They go to Balmoral every year. Whether there will be a big dinner on the 9th no one knows for sure.

That they will be in Scotland next week has all but been officially confirmed. They go to Balmoral every year. Whether there will be a big dinner on the 9th no one knows for sure.
Ok, confirmed how? I'm not saying they won't be there.

The big dinner rumor seems so out of character for the Queen. Especially when you consider how she became Queen with her beloved father dying.

Rebecca English reported on Twitter that they aren't in Scotland yet. When they went in 2013 with baby George they used the private plane of the Duke of Westminster (Will is godson of the Duchess). I would think we will see something similar this time with Charlotte.

Nothing official from the palace but different 'royal reporters' from competing newspapers are saying they will be in Scotland. I don't normally put stock in newspapers but given they go almost every year I have no reason to believe they won't be there.

As for the games its a social event much like Ascot. Its a not a required outing like Trooping the Colour.

The big dinner rumor seems so out of character for the Queen. Especially when you consider how she became Queen with her beloved father dying.

Rebecca English reported on Twitter that they aren't in Scotland yet. When they went in 2013 with baby George they used the private plane of the Duke of Westminster (Will is godson of the Duchess). I would think we will see something similar this time with Charlotte.

I agree on the dinner. If alot of family is there, they'll probably have dinner though... as they would other times as well!

Ok, if they're not even there I don't see what the fuss is!

We all must remember the motto of the Daily Mail

"We have all the news and by news we mean idle speculation"

:lol:

If they are already going to be in Scotland...why wouldn't they pop over to the games?

LaRae

I'm not sure William is a fan of the Highland games. He only attended The Braemar Games with The Queen in 2005, and he hasn't been back since. I think what he's not interested in, he don't attend.

I'm not sure William is a fan of the Highland games. He only attended The Braemar Games with The Queen in 2005, and he hasn't been back since. I think what he's not interested in, he don't attend.
Also... they're not in scotland and now it's reported that they are not excpected until after the weekend... We know he worked yesterday (or was it the day before that?) so he's still on his schedule as well, can't just go to Scotland alll willy-nilly if you're working!

Definitely not at Braemar! Chilly day there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom