General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
General News for the Cambridge Family Part 2: January 2015

Some of these posts would make soap opera writers proud. Catherine didn't show up to a wedding, it's not a big deal. It's not as if she snubbed some country's head of state, the Queen, or a foreign Royal.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
Some of the scenarios would make soap opera writers proud. However, something tells me that Catherine is not a petty individual. She strikes me as someone who is sincere. She didn't show up to a wedding, it's not a big deal. It's not as if she snubbed some country's head of state, the Queen, or a foreign Royal.

^^ No, Kate hasn't snubbed anyone except perhaps the bride and groom on this occasion.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ No, Kate hasn't snubbed anyone except perhaps the bride and groom on this occasion.

And who's to say she's done that? IF she was even supposed to go (Which we don't know) who's to say she didn't call up the bride/groom and let them know she wasn't coming etc.?

People need to give it a rest already. We don't even know if she was ever intended to go.

LaRae

And who's to say she's done that? IF she was even supposed to go (Which we don't know) who's to say she didn't call up the bride/groom and let them know she wasn't coming etc.?

People need to give it a rest already. We don't even know if she was ever intended to go.

LaRae
I agree. First of all, we have NO right to know why she wasn't there. If it was an official engagement, sure. But this was a wedding. Second of all, there are like a 1000 different reasons it could be. 99% of those are innocent, but people are yelling she's snubbing people and that she has problems in her marriage. I'm sitting here in awe of how many future soap writers there is on the internet! Odds are that 1. the person reeporting she was supposed to be there is wrong and William was always supposed to go alone for the weekend while Kate was home with the kids. 2. that Kate, one of the kids or even nanny Maria got sick so Kate cancelled but told William that he should stay the whole weekend and have fun anyways. Doesn't have to be more sinister than that!

:bang: :bang: :bang:

LaRae

Exactly. At the end of the day, this is a private matter, so whatever was done doesn't exactly concern the media, or anyone else.

I agree. First of all, we have NO right to know why she wasn't there. If it was an official engagement, sure. But this was a wedding. Second of all, there are like a 1000 different reasons it could be. 99% of those are innocent, but people are yelling she's snubbing people and that she has problems in her marriage. I'm sitting here in awe of how many future soap writers there is on the internet! Odds are that 1. the person reeporting she was supposed to be there is wrong and William was always supposed to go alone for the weekend while Kate was home with the kids. 2. that Kate, one of the kids or even nanny Maria got sick so Kate cancelled but told William that he should stay the whole weekend and have fun anyways. Doesn't have to be more sinister than that!

When I taught Church School, I had a very dramatic five-year-old young man in my class. His antics got to the point where the teacher, and I just told him to save the drama for his mama (though the said mama wasn't having it either). In any case, the current situation warrants this saying too. The reactions of some make it look as if she missed the coronation of her father-in-law, or an event of equal importance, when in reality, it's nothing of the sort.

Last edited:
Last comment-

It's been said that the Cambridge's have a small group of friends, but these people go to about two to three weddings a year. That's just too many weddings for my taste. Also, there's a Spencer wedding coming up, George McCorquodale's wedding.

Last edited:
And The Fail is now speculating on whether or not The Cambridges will attend a wedding and the wedding date appears to not even have been decided upon ?

When it comes to royal wedding guests, there is perhaps no more coveted RSVP than one from Princess Kate.

So when Kate, 33, was absent from the wedding of Prince William's friends Bear Maclean and Daisy Dickson – he instead went with Kate's sister Pippa Middleton – rumors flew about why she was a no-show.

Despite reports that she canceled at the last minute and that her name was still on the seating plan, PEOPLE has learned that she had previously sent her regrets about not attending and was never expected.
Read more: Princess Kate: The Real Reasons Why She Skipped a Recent Wedding : People.com

Mark Stewart, a veteran royals photographer who covered some of the many weddings that Kate and William attended in the run-up to their own wedding in 2011, believes it is because they don’t want to overshadow someone else's big day.

If this is true, no reason think it is or isn't, then that make a lot of sense. Several posters have also noted that a reason Kate stays away is so she doesn't up-stage the bride. I would have still wanted her at my wedding, had I invited her and Wills.

If this is true, no reason think it is or isn't, then that make a lot of sense. Several posters have also noted that a reason Kate stays away is so she doesn't up-stage the bride. I would have still wanted her at my wedding, had I invited her and Wills.

The notion Kate didn't want to upstage the bride doesn't make sense to me. For one thing it gives the impression Kate thinks rather too highly of herself. William is the friend of the couple, and he's the really Royal one - the one who will be king one day - so if anyone is going to do any upstaging among the guests, surely it's going to be him. Kate is just the middle-class wife that some of William's friends have mocked cruelly in the past.

If Kate is indeed a friend of the couple too, then they are her friends and social equals so she's unlikely to be "upstaging" anyone by being there. She'd just be another guest and wouldn't attract more attention than anyone else (with the possible exception of a few giggles and whispered "doors to manual" jokes).

How could she upstage the bride anyway? Is she likely to insist on being seated at the head table and being served first and being the focus of all the wedding photographs?

The newpaper article said her presence would attract more members of the public to wander along and have a gander, and that's possible, because for some reason some members of the public want to look at Kate, but those people would be fenced off from the wedding guests at the church and they wouldn't be at the reception.

And why would a bride feel "upstaged" by extra public and press attention that doesn't really impact on her wedding except to make it seem more important, and, by extension, to make her more important because her wedding was deemed important enough to lure Kate out of the house?

Last edited:
As for 'upstaging the bride' the Queen went to plenty of weddings when she was younger, of friends, relatives, godchildren etc. So did the Queen Mother, even in old age, and Princess Margaret. Apparently upstaging didn't enter their minds, popular though they were.

CHILDREN at a Brixham nursery were delighted to receive a card from Kensington Palace after congratulating the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the birth of their daughter.

The Nest Neighbourhood Nursery sent a card made by four-year-old Amelie Bunton to celebrate the birth of Princess Charlotte.

The card received in response read: "The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge thank everyone at The Nest Nursery for the very kind card sent on the occasion of the birth of their daughter, Princess Charlotte.

"Their Royal Highnesses have been overwhelmed by all the wonderful messages they have received and send you their warmest thanks and best wishes."
Read more: Brixham nursery thrilled to receive royal card | Torquay Herald Express

As for 'upstaging the bride' the Queen went to plenty of weddings when she was younger, of friends, relatives, godchildren etc. So did the Queen Mother, even in old age, and Princess Margaret. Apparently upstaging didn't enter their minds, popular though they were.

Said on twitter she was spotted on the train going to wedding but didn't show. Who knows but there seems to be lots of talk about this

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Given that the infamous train tweet read: "William and Kate just got off our train but it was too much effort to look out the window also I don't really care" the most likely explanation would seem to be that the tweeter merely assumed Pippa was Kate.

https://twitter.com/derrylol/status/632159986320338944

Been others as well as that one but it could have been Pippa?

Said on twitter she was spotted on the train going to wedding but didn't show. Who knows but there seems to be lots of talk about this

. Wow the plot deepens. How do we sleep at night ?

I looked on Twitter for the train sightings. I found two on 2 different days. Both were WK on train or just got off my train. The 2 I found didn't say where the trains where going.

Last edited:
Why is Kate Middleton becoming the invisible Princess? | Daily Mail Online

I believe this wouldn't be such an issue if she didn't have a "work shy" history to her past.That really will always bite her in the butt! Had she worked, no-one (I hope) would resent any time off now she is a mum. Even with all the domestic help she has.

Basically, I think this is a tactic that the press (especially Kay) is using to goad a reaction from Kate. Kay would really like to start things up again as they were in the Diana days when everything became known to the press.

I think Kate is intelligent enough to realize just what these fools are up to and if she did have the Daily Mail around the house, it would be as a cage liner for the children's pet bird or for Lupo to wipe his feet on coming in from outside.

:previous: Well, no one wants another Diana; at least no one wants another of the Diana that comes with all the baggage that swirled around her.

It's all so very silly. As many stay at home Moms will tell you, some people want to treat them like they are invisible while they are not. They are very present in the raising of their children. Kate's not gone agoraphobic, she's just raising her small children. And working behind the scenes on her charities and staying fit. Because that's who she is. Frankly, that's how she's always seemed to me. Why are people surprised?

Seriously? I do not believe that is become all the mess because Kate did not accompany her husband in a marriage.

Why is Kate Middleton becoming the invisible Princess? | Daily Mail Online

I believe this wouldn't be such an issue if she didn't have a "work shy" history to her past.That really will always bite her in the butt! Had she worked, no-one (I hope) would resent any time off now she is a mum. Even with all the domestic help she has.

:bang: :bang: :bang: is al. I have to say. Other words come to mind too, but I'm tired of having my posts removed for speaking my mind.

Basically, I think this is a tactic that the press (especially Kay) is using to goad a reaction from Kate. Kay would really like to start things up again as they were in the Diana days when everything became known to the press.

I think Kate is intelligent enough to realize just what these fools are up to and if she did have the Daily Mail around the house, it would be as a cage liner for the children's pet bird or for Lupo to wipe his feet on coming in from outside.

I think you're right; in the eyes of this particular reporter, drama, specially the kind that gets splattered all,over the news is the best thing since sliced bread. Thankfully, the Cambridges are smart enough to not air their entire lives in front of the press, that will only take and spin things out of proportions. I like your idea of DM lining a pet cage in the Cambridge household. The only thing it's good for.

:previous: Well, no one wants another Diana; at least no one wants another of the Diana that comes with all the baggage that swirled around her.

It's all so very silly. As many stay at home Moms will tell you, some people want to treat them like they are invisible while they are not. They are very present in the raising of their children. Kate's not gone agoraphobic, she's just raising her small children. And working behind the scenes on her charities and staying fit. Because that's who she is. Frankly, that's how she's always seemed to me. Why are people surprised?

Catherine is doing what is right for her, and her family, and the constant harping on her for choosing to raise her children instead of being in the face of the press day in, and day out is getting old. There's no need to have a repeat performance of the Diana-mania. Once was more than enough. Like you, I believe a lot is done behind closed doors, but since no one sees it, it is assumed that she's lazy, and wants to be invisible. Ridiculous, and like I said, it's getting old.

Good for the Duchess to not have fallen into the trap of having staff raise her children while she is off doing other stuff. I am sure part of the reasong Prince William is back to work flying and them living away from London is part of the couples plan for their family. They are raising the future heir and spare once William ascends the throne. William knows firsthand what it is like and I am sure life in the spotlight is much more severe today. Raising two toddlers is hard work. And raising the two children to be ready for the life in the public eye as they are I applaud them for not assigning that job to staff. There will be plenty of time for the Duchess to attend wedding and other social events. Stay home for as long as you can...these first years will never come back.

Last edited:
Richard Kay is truly a bi***y man. I was not even able to read that complete article. Some of the things he writes are clearly fictional as there is no way he could even know some of what he reports. I agree that he is attempting to get some kind of response from Catherine or William. He has had his knickers in a twist since he lost his source, the late Princess of Wales. It is truly insidious how he attempts to stir turmoil among people. With one hand he compliments and shows sympathy and with the other he uses an enormous hat pin/stiletto to stick it to them. A really disgusting man.

Is it me or does anyone remember the alleged photograph depicting Diana, Princess of Wales getting out of a car after meeting with Richard Kay in a car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom