The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 03:39 AM
Majesty

The Queen's horses are to get a giant equine treadmill at cost of £130k | Daily Mail Online

Old 09-25-2016, 06:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Wasn't it the Queen Mum that went to the register's office to report the death of her husband and when asked what his occupation was, she simply said "King"? It was either Queen Mary or the Queen Mum?
I could see either lady (one smiling, the other not!) replying as briefly as just that!

Do you have to go and officially register a death in the UK?

Old 09-25-2016, 01:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Wasn't it the Queen Mum that went to the register's office to report the death of her husband and when asked what his occupation was, she simply said "King"? It was either Queen Mary or the Queen Mum?
I believe it was Margaret Rhodes, the Queen Mum's niece and lady-in-waiting, who was tasked with registering her aunt's death. One of the questions asked by the registrar was the occupation of the late woman's husband, to which she responded, "King."
Old 10-06-2016, 02:39 AM
Majesty

Phillip Schofield ‘warned’ not to make Duke of Edinburgh angry | TV & Radio | Showbiz & TV | Daily Express
Old 10-09-2016, 04:18 AM
Courtier

Well one Phillip won the other Phillip over that's for sure!

The Prince appears to have no filter whats so ever, so very interesting for anyone lucky enough to get an interview.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:39 AM
Majesty

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/t...conduct-medals
Old 10-11-2016, 11:55 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
How wonderful!! Almost everything that could have been thought of to honor the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh has probably been done but to present them with these military awards is something very extra special I think.

Thinking of Philip giving 75 years of service to the Royal Navy really makes me realize just how much of his life he has given to his country's navy both in active duty (and during war time) and in his years of being the Duke of Edinburgh.

Well done!
Old 10-12-2016, 12:54 AM
Courtier

Splendid!
Old 10-13-2016, 02:15 AM
Majesty

Queen was told she should not marry Duke of Edinburgh by courtiers because he was too funny, biographer claims*
Old 10-13-2016, 07:21 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I, for one, am glad that HM stuck to her guns and married the man that she loved. He, IMO, was the absolute best choice for her. Just by the example given in this article of Philip asking Elizabeth "where did you get that hat" immediately after her coronation, had to have given Elizabeth a bit of a giggle and released some of the stress that she had to have had during the long ceremony. That's what husbands and wives do in a good marriage. Balance each other out.

I still remember and its here somewhere on TRF where Elizabeth breaks out in giggles at some functions at the actions of Philip. I think, too, that most everyone here has seen that Philip's "gaffes", for the most part, are amusing. Another favorite of mine is walking up behind a TV presenter giving a report and asking "are you done yet?" totally cracking up the presenter.

For the most part, when on duty, Elizabeth has her "Queen face" on and is staid, sturdy, diligent and regal. Philip does a good job of balancing that out with witticism and levity.
Old 10-28-2016, 03:58 AM
Majesty

Letter John Lennon wrote to the Queen turning down an MBE could sell for £60,000 | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-01-2016, 04:39 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Edinburgh was seen driving his carriage around Windsor Great Park yesterday:

** dailymail: You can't rein me in! Philip still a driving force at 95 as he takes his carriage on an early morning jaunt around Windsor **
Old 11-01-2016, 08:44 AM
Majesty

Someone on twitter joked he went riding after having been told about Harry's new possible date XD
Old 11-02-2016, 03:19 AM
Majesty

The Queen proudly shows off Britain's new £5 during*meeting with the President of Colombia
Old 11-04-2016, 10:04 AM
Majesty

SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Prince Philip's art on display at Buckingham Palace | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-06-2016, 11:42 AM
Courtier

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/06/op...ide-nyt-region

Sorry, mods, but I have no idea where else to put this very interesting (to Royal Forum readers, I believe) article from the NY Times, published on the eve of the American election. Indeed, Canadians regard the American election with horrified amusement/dread, but are quite content with our status quo and HM on our money!
Old 11-06-2016, 11:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Perhaps you could specify what Queen you are talking about, there are still several of them around.
Seeing this is the Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip thread I should think that would be obvious! Unless trying to suggest something else!
Old 11-07-2016, 04:54 AM
Majesty

Invitation from the queen on the cards for next us president | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-18-2016, 07:07 AM
Majesty

Queen snubs bishop who branded Kate Middleton and Prince William 'shallow celebrities' | London Evening Standard
Old 11-19-2016, 03:42 AM
Majesty

Remembering Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip's Wedding Day

Closed Thread

Tags
auction, collectibles, cooking, environment, market report, meals, memorabilia, prince philip, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, royal marriage, royal trips, royal visits, talents