The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 09:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
and at dinner the next night she probably posed "give me 3 reason why we should leave" - she was inspiring conversation.... and asking people to think.
This is just the rags Sun/Express who tries to use her to gain support for what they believe in. It's disgusting.

Old 06-22-2016, 03:13 AM
Nobility

There's no doubt in mind whatsoever that privately HM would support Brexit, as she did Scotland remaining in the UK. I truly cannot imagine her admiring the way the UK's relationship with the EU has developed.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:40 AM
Majesty

My royal family memorabilia: ‘I think the Queen is wonderful’ | Life and style | The Guardian
Old 06-27-2016, 08:48 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I should have known that being an article from the Guardian that it would end up being on the snarky side.
Old 07-13-2016, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

If possible, I think I love and admire HM even more after reading this article.

Queen surprises pub goers by dropping into her local in Edinburgh
Quote:
The Queen shocked regulars at one of Edinburgh's best-known pubs by dropping in for a bite to eat after a day at the races, it has emerged.

She visited The Sheep Heid Inn on Friday night after giving staff an hour’s notice of her impending visit.

The small royal party is understood to have taken a window seat and to have ordered two portions of lamb rump, one sea bass fillet, a martini and a half bottle of white wine.

Main meals are advertised at around 16.50 on the pub's regular menu but it is not known which of the dishes the Queen ordered.

One member of staff said they had been “sworn to secrecy”, adding: “I have no idea how her visit got out there.” Staff were also ordered to delete any photographs they had taken during the visit.

The Queen made the secret visit to Scotland’s oldest bar, according to the Edinburgh Evening News, during her stay at nearby Holyrood Palace, her official residence north of the border.

One startled customer revealed their astonishment in a TripAdvisor review. RosC17 wrote: "Absolutely amazed when Her Majesty the Queen arrived for dinner with friends and sat at the table next to us!

"What a lovely lady. Security guys everywhere but so unobtrusive that you hardly noticed them.

"What an honour for your excellent front of house and kitchen teams. We have enjoyed many visits to the Sheep Heid Inn, but this was particularly memorable, Five stars plus a gold star!”
Old 07-13-2016, 06:05 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
As Dman pointed out here some days ago, the sore on the Queen's right leg did not seem to heal. And I noticed during the 90th birthday celebrations and Royal Ascot that she now has a plaster on it:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...5997852730.jpg
Unfortunately at her age things take a good deal longer to heal fully and this one looked quite nasty so it is taking time. Best to cover it to stop any risk of infection

Old 07-13-2016, 06:25 PM
Majesty

I wouldn't be surprised either if her doctor told her to stay off of it as much as she can and keep the leg elevated. Somehow I can't picture HM sitting for a long time with her feet up.
Old 07-13-2016, 06:38 PM
Heir Apparent

More about the pub story:
Queen Elizabeth enjoys a meal in Holyrood after a day at Mussleburgh Racecourse | Daily Mail Online
Old 07-31-2016, 05:34 AM
Majesty

Queen Elizabeth sends birthday telegram to 114-year-old woman | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 08-03-2016, 03:26 AM
Majesty

When Tim Kaine met the Queen - POLITICO
Old 08-05-2016, 11:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Has Queen Elizabeth II shared the red dispatch boxes with Prince Philip?
Old 08-06-2016, 12:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Has Queen Elizabeth II shared the red dispatch boxes with Prince Philip?
I don't think so.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-06-2016, 10:51 AM
Majesty

I wouldn't think she would either. Its the duty of the monarch. I do know that Charles also gets boxes but I think his are blue. The monarch and her heir is how it should be.
Old 08-06-2016, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen's boxes are red, Charles' are blue. William doesn't receive boxes as such, but is briefed by the Cabinet Office.

Everyone is kept in the loop.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The Queen's boxes are red, Charles' are blue. William doesn't receive boxes as such, but is briefed by the Cabinet Office.

Everyone is kept in the loop.
I knew the Queen got red boxes, didn't know anything about Charles getting any whatever the colour and less about William!

What does William need to be briefed on that is out of the public domain?
Old 08-07-2016, 02:02 PM
Nobility

There were numerous articles about it earlier this year. Here's the Guardian's take: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...cabinet-papers

Quote:
On Wednesday night it said Williams access was because he was future heir to the throne. The Guardian understands the amount of material William receives is more modest than that given to Charles or the Queen and includes material relating to countries where he is engaged in official overseas visits.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post
I knew the Queen got red boxes, didn't know anything about Charles getting any whatever the colour and less about William!

William is briefed by palace officials. He's second in line.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-07-2016, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post

The Queen, Charles and William need to be up to speed on government matters. Here are the tweets from the BBC. The Cabinet Office said 'He (William) is regularly briefed on government business.'

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt
The BBC has learnt that the Duke of Cambridge does receive Cabinet papers. He is given them occasionally.

Prince William is given the gov documents to help him understand the workings of Whitehall and to prepare him for when he is King.

Cabinet Office: "The Duke of Cambridge is a senior member of the royal family and future heir to the throne and therefore of course ...

....it is appropriate that he is regularly briefed on government business"
Old 08-08-2016, 04:12 PM
Majesty

Herald picture archive: Did you see that- The Queen spoke to me

https://t.co/iXlBUUpF7n
Old 08-09-2016, 04:04 AM
Majesty

Revealed: The Queen hasn't visited Coventry in more than a decade - Coventry Telegraph

Closed Thread

Tags
auction, collectibles, cooking, environment, market report, meals, memorabilia, prince philip, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, royal marriage, royal trips, royal visits, talents