General News for Queen Elizabeth and Duke of Edinburgh 1: July 2008-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't think she would either. Its the duty of the monarch. I do know that Charles also gets boxes but I think his are blue. The monarch and her heir is how it should be.

The Queen's boxes are red, Charles' are blue. William doesn't receive boxes as such, but is briefed by the Cabinet Office.

Everyone is kept in the loop.

Last edited:
The Queen's boxes are red, Charles' are blue. William doesn't receive boxes as such, but is briefed by the Cabinet Office.

Everyone is kept in the loop.

I knew the Queen got red boxes, didn't know anything about Charles getting any whatever the colour and less about William!

What does William need to be briefed on that is out of the public domain?

There were numerous articles about it earlier this year. Here's the Guardian's take: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...also-receives-highly-sensitive-cabinet-papers

On Wednesday night it said William’s access was because he was “future heir to the throne”. The Guardian understands the amount of material William receives is more modest than that given to Charles or the Queen and includes material relating to countries where he is engaged in official overseas visits.

I knew the Queen got red boxes, didn't know anything about Charles getting any whatever the colour and less about William!

William is briefed by palace officials. He's second in line.

The Queen, Charles and William need to be up to speed on government matters. Here are the tweets from the BBC. The Cabinet Office said 'He (William) is regularly briefed on government business.'

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt
The BBC has learnt that the Duke of Cambridge does receive Cabinet papers. He is given them occasionally.

Prince William is given the gov documents to help him understand the workings of Whitehall and to prepare him for when he is King.

Cabinet Office: "The Duke of Cambridge is a senior member of the royal family and future heir to the throne and therefore of course ...

....it is appropriate that he is regularly briefed on government business"

The Queen and Prince Philip have finally arrived at Balmoral (yesterday I believe). They have spent the past two weeks at a house on the estate while the public season was drawing to a close.

Did anyone else notice this in the CC? A number of medical staff appointed.
"The Queen has been pleased to make the following appointments in Her Majesty's Household:- Mr. Satyajit Bhattacharya to be Serjeant-Surgeon. Dr. Robert Laing to be a Physician in Scotland. Mr. Ian Jenkins to be Surgeon to the Household. Mr. David Boddie to be a Surgeon in Scotland."

I think its great and to be honest, people in their 90s are more inclined to need medical attention than younger people. With reading of the new medical appointments, I feel that our beloved Queen and her "strength and stay" consort have good doctors looking after them. :D

The number of visitors from the US to London’s top museums and galleries has soared since the 2012 Olympics, a study reveals today.

The capital’s biggest cultural attractions welcomed about 2.3 million visitors from the States last year, a rise of 11 per cent from 2012, according to research commissioned by London & Partners, the Mayor’s promotional company.

Royalty was the biggest draw for Americans, with Buckingham Palace coming top of a “bucket list” of experiences and the Queen named as the ultimate dream tour guide.

Another member of the royal family, such as Princes William or Harry or the Duchess of Cambridge, came second, with Adele and David Beckham third and fourth respectively.
Read more: Queen is biggest draw for US visitors to London, new tourism figures show | London | News | London Evening Standard

I wonder why that Stuff article repeatedly refers to the "Queen of England" - she's our Queen too!

I wonder why that Stuff article repeatedly refers to the "Queen of England" - she's our Queen too!

Probably no reason other than titles can become cumbersome for the Press!

For example, Charles is the Prince of Wales, but he also holds other titles outside "England" as does William; to document them all after the name might provide valuable press ink inches, but the same press know it's irrelevent to most people in context to the article.

I haven't googled the Queen's titles (!) :) but imagine it beats either Prince.

True she has a lot of titles but none of them is actually Queen of England.

Her title that covers England is 'Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland'. In the full list of her official titles there is no mention of England as such - or Scotland or Wales.

I think we know who she is.. and nobody's goig to type all that for her title

Actually Queen of the UK is shorter than Queen of England and we know how the press like to take shortcuts. ;)

This may not be the right thread, but...

HM was not wearing a seat belt when driving Mrs. Middleton or the DoC!

If Scotland is anything like the US, they don't have to wear seat belts if they're driving on private property. I hardly think HM likes to pretend she's Lightning McQueen. :D

My mom who is a bit younger than the Queen refused to use seat belts even after it was required - she said they were uncomfortable. A ticket with a hefty fine changed her mind:ROFLMAO: These days my car squawks at her until she buckles up - it's amusing to hear her scolding the car. Older people are set in their ways and if the elderly Queen on her private property doesn't want to buckle up I guess that's her prerogative.

Actually Queen of the UK is shorter than Queen of England and we know how the press like to take shortcuts. ;)

Still haven't googled all the titles!:lol:

But thinking back, there was a bit of noise when Prince George's birth certificate was revealed and William and Kate were documented as Prince and Princess of the United Kingdom respectively. The noise related to Kate being called a princess, a title she does hold only not in her own name.

So although not an official title as such, Queen of the United Kingdom (UK might appear a bit casual) could well fit in under "Occupation".

So although not an official title as such, Queen of the United Kingdom (UK might appear a bit casual) could well fit in under "Occupation".

Wasn't it the Queen Mum that went to the register's office to report the death of her husband and when asked what his occupation was, she simply said "King"? It was either Queen Mary or the Queen Mum?

Wasn't it the Queen Mum that went to the register's office to report the death of her husband and when asked what his occupation was, she simply said "King"? It was either Queen Mary or the Queen Mum?

I could see either lady (one smiling, the other not!) replying as briefly as just that!

Do you have to go and officially register a death in the UK?

I believe it was Margaret Rhodes, the Queen Mum's niece and lady-in-waiting, who was tasked with registering her aunt's death. One of the questions asked by the registrar was the occupation of the late woman's husband, to which she responded, "King."

Well one Phillip won the other Phillip over that's for sure! :lol:

The Prince appears to have no filter whats so ever, so very interesting for anyone lucky enough to get an interview.

How wonderful!! Almost everything that could have been thought of to honor the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh has probably been done but to present them with these military awards is something very extra special I think.

Thinking of Philip giving 75 years of service to the Royal Navy really makes me realize just how much of his life he has given to his country's navy both in active duty (and during war time) and in his years of being the Duke of Edinburgh.

Well done! :flowers:

I, for one, am glad that HM stuck to her guns and married the man that she loved. He, IMO, was the absolute best choice for her. Just by the example given in this article of Philip asking Elizabeth "where did you get that hat" immediately after her coronation, had to have given Elizabeth a bit of a giggle and released some of the stress that she had to have had during the long ceremony. That's what husbands and wives do in a good marriage. Balance each other out.

I still remember and its here somewhere on TRF where Elizabeth breaks out in giggles at some functions at the actions of Philip. I think, too, that most everyone here has seen that Philip's "gaffes", for the most part, are amusing. Another favorite of mine is walking up behind a TV presenter giving a report and asking "are you done yet?" totally cracking up the presenter. :D

For the most part, when on duty, Elizabeth has her "Queen face" on and is staid, sturdy, diligent and regal. Philip does a good job of balancing that out with witticism and levity.

Someone on twitter joked he went riding after having been told about Harry's new possible date XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom