The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 01:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

From the British monarchy facebook page

The Queen's message to those living in areas affected by the recent flooding in the United Kingdom:

"Please convey my sympathy to all those whose homes or livelihoods have been affected by the recent flooding. My thanks go to members of the emergency services, local authorities, military personnel and volunteers who are providing assistance in these difficult conditions.

ELIZABETH R."

Old 12-12-2015, 03:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The Queen's very candid camera man: Peter Wilkinson reveals intimate insights from 15 years spent following her majesty...though he admits she's hard to keep up with | Daily Mail Online

Old 12-14-2015, 06:31 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I just found this article and it brought a tear or two to my eyes. One would assume that HM would get thousands upon thousands of holiday greetings each year and that they are dealt with by staff as most of HM's correspondence is.

Every so often, we do get a glimmer into just how caring and compassionate and aware this remarkable woman is despite all the demands on her time in her role as The Queen.

Queen Elizabeth II sends man 'thank you' note - AOL
Old 12-14-2015, 06:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I just found this article and it brought a tear or two to my eyes. One would assume that HM would get thousands upon thousands of holiday greetings each year and that they are dealt with by staff as most of HM's correspondence is.

Every so often, we do get a glimmer into just how caring and compassionate and aware this remarkable woman is despite all the demands on her time in her role as The Queen.

Queen Elizabeth II sends man 'thank you' note - AOL
I saw this on my Facebook newsfeed and thought that it was such a moving gesture. Just shows what kind of person Her Majesty is.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...tionalSpa.aspx
Quote:
The Queen's message to Tim Peake as he joins the International Space Station

Prince Philip and I are pleased to transmit our best wishes to Major Timothy Peake as he joins the International Space Station in Orbit.

We hope that Major Peake's work on the Space Station will serve as an inspiration to a new generation of scientists and engineers.

The thoughts and prayers of the whole country are with him and the crew, especially at this time of year.

We join with his friends and family in wishing him a productive mission and a safe return to Earth.

ELIZABETH R.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Christmas interview with the Duke

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt
An interview with Prince Philip will feature on @BBCr4today over Christmas/New Year. (No contract was signed).
Old 12-18-2015, 05:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Christmas interview with the Duke

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt
An interview with Prince Philip will feature on @BBCr4today over Christmas/New Year. (No contract was signed).
John Browne ‏@LordJohnBrowne
HRH Prince Philip, Senior Fellow of @RAEngNews is my guest on @BBCr4today on 2 Jan. Preview at 2h 25m here: BBC Radio 4 - Today, 18/12/2015

And the question is - Will he behave himself?
Old 12-28-2015, 12:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen plans to spend more time in Scotland and less time in London as she enters her 90s-
Buckingham Palace could become Queen's 'third home' as she opts for more time at Windsor and Balmoral - Telegraph

"A royal source said: “There are a lot of events planned to celebrate the Queen’s 90th birthday in 2016 so it will be a big year but after that we will see a slight gear change to make things more manageable with a bigger role for other members of the royal family.”

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-28-2015, 07:46 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't know if this might turn out to be true, but I guess that is an assumption based on the fact that the queen has been slowing down in recent years. But still, noone knows for sure what the future has in store and her birthday is still months away. 90 is a mirable age, but it can all change in a blink of an eye.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:07 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
There are a lot of factors at work here I think. One is the obvious that the Queen will be 90 and the DoE 95 this upcoming year and although they both seem hale and hearty and in wonderful health with a extra dollop of stamina, the human body does its thing with aging no matter who the person is. The second factor would be an arrangement that would allow the much needed repairs and renovations to Buckingham Palace.

The most significant thing that sticks out for me is that the British Royal Family has always planned ahead almost down to the littlest detail with plans in place for any kind of mishap that might occur. Some countries may go with the process of abdication and the handing over of the reigns to the heir but with the British, I think what we're seeing is a gradual process of transition so that no matter what happens, the monarchy flows seamlessly into the future. This will give the Queen and the DoE more freedom to just take things easier and doing what they wish to do or not do while also having the pleasure of seeing in action just how well the next generations of the Firm will carry on. For a Queen that has dedicated her whole life to being of service to her people and has worked diligently for over 60 years to fulfill that promise, being able to see in action what she has taught the family over the years would, in my opinion, be a source of pride and joy and a sense of peace of mind that all is well with the monarchy. HM, The Queen not only has served the monarchy so very well in her lifetime but has also assured that the continuity of the Firm following in her footsteps will be ready.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The Queen plans to spend more time in Scotland and less time in London as she enters her 90s - Buckingham Palace could become Queen's 'third home' as she opts for more time at Windsor and Balmoral - Telegraph "A royal source said: “There are a lot of events planned to celebrate the Queen’s 90th birthday in 2016 so it will be a big year but after that we will see a slight gear change to make things more manageable with a bigger role for other members of the royal family.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
There are a lot of factors at work here I think. One is the obvious that the Queen will be 90 and the DoE 95 this upcoming year and although they both seem hale and hearty and in wonderful health with a extra dollop of stamina, the human body does its thing with aging no matter who the person is. The second factor would be an arrangement that would allow the much needed repairs and renovations to Buckingham Palace.
That was what immediately popped to mind for me, too, Osipi.

Renovating sooner rather than later makes sense too on many levels, like costs (it will never get cheaper as time rolls on). Plus there is the scale of renovations which might entail a handful of years.

Doing the renovations now would also create less of a disruption for the next monarch. How much better for Charles to be able to seamlessly move into an already renovated BP when the time comes, rather than stay put at Clarence House for several years (though that might actually be what Charles would prefer, who knows?)

Certainly the Queen wanted to stay at Clarence House when her time came to move to BP. Maybe Charles will succeed in changing the monarch's living arrangements if BP is really not the preferred residence. I have a hunch it's not really a place one wants to raise a family so at some point BP may become offices 'just because'.

I think this idea being floated (if accurate) is a move to give the Queen an acceptable kind of retirement. Good news imo.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Although, things are changing and The Queen is entering her last years of life, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy watching her continue on. I'm an American, but I too thank her for her service to us all.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-28-2015, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Our beloved Queen at number 1 (Princess Charlotte a very respectable number 12, out of 50)

Britons of the Year 2015 - Telegraph
Old 12-29-2015, 05:48 AM
Courtier

I believe that HM is a genuinely caring person. She may not wear her heart on her sleeve but that does not mean she is not caring. I believe she has a real Christian faith and I will be glad to see her transition to a more sedate pace of life and other members of the family up it a gear or two.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:16 AM
Courtier

The DoE's interview on Today, BBC Radio 4: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03dgljy
Old 01-02-2016, 06:42 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The Duke of Edinburgh has praised the vital work of engineers, saying that “everything not invented by God is invented by an engineer”.
Prince Philip, said they performed such as essential function that it was hard to imagine the life without them.
He also said engineers held the key to the future of humanity and its ability to continue to thrive on the planet.
Prince Philip praises engineers as 'second only to God' - Telegraph

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-02-2016, 08:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Our beloved Queen at number 1 (Princess Charlotte a very respectable number 12, out of 50)

Britons of the Year 2015 - Telegraph
The picture of Her Majesty is awesome! Her smile lights up everyone and everything around her!
Old 01-05-2016, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Message from British ESA astronaut Tim Peake aboard the International Space Station to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Old 01-14-2016, 10:28 PM
Royal Highness

The "feisty" Queen

'Feisty' Queen does her own hair and make-up, reveals Annie Leibovitz - Telegraph

Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-17-2016, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Church today was in Kings Lynn, Hillington. http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id505355966

Closed Thread

Tags
auction, collectibles, cooking, environment, market report, meals, memorabilia, prince philip, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, royal marriage, royal trips, royal visits, talents