The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 01:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephram View Post
Who was the lady sitting behind The Queen and Prince William during the 100th year of Gallipoli commemoration at the London Cenotaph just now?

Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh with Prince... News Photo | Getty Images
The queen's Australian private secretary Samantha Cohen

Old 04-25-2015, 01:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

General News & Information for Queen Elizabeth and Duke of Edinburgh

People actually asked on Twitter if Catherine was attending after seeing this lady :)

Old 04-25-2015, 01:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
The queen's Australian private secretary Samantha Cohen
Thank you so much.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen's message to the President of Nepal.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...ntofNepal.aspx

The Queen is making a personal donation to the DEC Nepal Disaster Appeal.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...tiontothe.aspx

Queen and Prince Charles make personal DEC donations - ITV News
Old 04-30-2015, 11:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen is set to amend Church of England prayers to include Camilla -
The Queen is set to amend Church of England prayers to include Camilla * | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-01-2015, 07:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Sorry, but to me that article sounds like a silly one... Well, it's the daily mail, what did I expect?
Old 05-12-2015, 12:58 PM
Gentry

A rather nice story :

Buckingham Palace footman dies minutes after receiving honour from Queen - hellomagazine.com
Old 05-12-2015, 01:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_royalist View Post

A very nice gesture of the queen.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Buckingham Palace footman dies minutes after receiving honour from Queen - hellomagazine.com

Quote:
A source confirmed that the Queen's gesture had been "the talk of the Palace". "She is a very caring and warm person, and takes an interest in all her staff," the insider said of the monarch, who inspires great devotion amongst her staff.

"She believes in rewarding loyalty and she would have been very upset that David died at such a young age. Her gesture has been the talk of the Palace. David was very ill but he died a happy man."
Nothing surprises me with this, as I wrote in this post, http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1756176 there are many such stories about the Queen.
Old 05-16-2015, 03:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Video: Queen sculptor fears bronze cast will look nothing like her - Telegraph

Quote:
In more than five decades as a top-flight sculptor, James Butler has fashioned clay into dolphins and horses, playwrights and presidents. But never the Queen.

Now, at 83, he has finally won the commission he regards as “the highlight of my career”. The only trouble, said the man behind the Fleet Air Arm memorial in London and statues of everyone from Shakespeare to John Wilkes, is that Her Majesty is rather tricky to get right.

“Everybody thinks they know what the Queen looks like,” he said on a tour of his studio in Worcestershire. “People look at statues of her and say: ‘oh no, that bit’s not quite right’. It is what I thought the Queen looked like, stuck 10ft high above me, but when I’m at the unveiling I might think, gosh, I’ve missed it completely.”
Old 05-17-2015, 03:41 PM
Aristocracy

There are so many differences in a face a simple smile can create no sculptor should worry, there is only one way to get art like that wrong, that's if it is inappropriate or meant as some form of insult about humanity or society that is blatantly obvious, or swings so medical looking it is an invasion of privacy. The sculptor shouldn't worry.

The sculpture is cool though, it captures the desired look, brilliantly. It is amazing. Wow. Personally I would be picky about paintings, but I have seen some art outa some artists that is breath takingly awesome on their subject, in free hand drawing, I couldn't be picky about, but sculptures, those are the most desirable forms of art anyone could produce of someone, I think. The sculptures can be like furniture where paintings have to be displayed like a photograph. It all depends on what you need and for the need the sculpture of the queen is fantastic and suitable. Art will enrich the mind in a way nothing can compare.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:38 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

A new thread for the Queen's 90th birthday festivities has been created:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6-a-38627.html

All relevant posts have been moved there.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:09 AM
Serene Highness

The Queen's will of iron gets her through State Opening at 89 | Daily Mail Online

A bit of a silly article as I'm sure the Queen is of sound mind enough to know if she needs to stop doing the State Opening of Parliament but there were some interesting facts contained in it (i hadn't heard about their being less people at investitures, though it makes perfect sense)

Actually, the idea of Charles standing in for the Queen at the State Opening has been talked about in royal circles for some time — but privately, and in whispers.

Not so long ago, to help her continue carrying out investitures, carpenters lowered the dais on which she stands to ease the pressure on her knees when bending down to confer honours. Now comes a further change — the number of people on whom she confers honours is being cut back from 90 a session to 60. This is to ease the heavy physical strain of having to stand, unaided for an average one hour and 45 minutes, to just over an hour. Think of it — more than an hour at the age of 89. Charles, as well as Prince William, now share the investiture load with her.

(Why do they always overlook that Anne does investitures and has done for some time)

One thing she has virtually given up — and handed over to younger royals — is far-flung foreign visits. But she has not done so for health reasons. The main reason is that long-distance flying has become increasingly difficult for Prince Philip, without whom she is rarely seen and whose support, she believes, has been crucial to the success of her reign.

There is much more to their decision to attend than the simple fact that Malta is little more than three hours’ flight time away. For these long-married great-grandparents, flying together to Malta will be a particularly sentimental journey.
And if this is to be the last time Prince Philip makes a lengthy flight with the Queen — as it could well be — it just has to be to Malta.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:10 PM
Courtier

With age the chances of a blood clot during a long flight goes up exponentially. Compression leggings are not comfortable.
Old 06-03-2015, 06:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

@CourtierUK: BBC in trouble this morning for erroneously tweeting this... http://t.co/5rsKjquiTz

@CourtierUK: According to BBC statement, the tweet about Queen’s health was part of a “technical rehearsal” for an obituary. Tweeter says it was a prank.

@CourtierUK: Palace weirdly concede Queen was at hospital, though only for a routine checkup!

@RoyalReporter: Buckingham Palace says the Queen attended her annual medical check-up at the King Edward VII Hospital in London today.

@RoyalReporter: A Buckingham Palace spokesman says: "This was a routine, pre-scheduled appointment. The Queen has now left hospital."

@RoyalReporter: The palace confirmed the Queen's private medical visit after there was speculation on social media about her health.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh dear... what has the obituary "rehearsal" has to do with this? It is distasteful IMO and bbc should have access to reliable sources... all this fuss just for a check up!
Old 06-03-2015, 07:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Reminds me of when one of Aussie networks reported the Queen Mother was dead.
She was well and healthy

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 06-03-2015, 08:28 AM
Courtier

And I'm sure those who were responsible for her check-up were amazed, like the rest of us, at just how well she is for someone who is 89. She is incredible.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

OMG, let's not give ourselves a heart attack. That was frighting to read on twitter.

Palace confirms Queen 'routine' health check after tweet error-
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-32992330

A.W. TOZER
Old 06-03-2015, 11:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well the BBC are saying that the tweet was part of a rehearsal for when The Queen passes. However it happened to perfectly coincide with the exact day and time The Queen was actually at King Edwards for a routine check up.

The tweet stipulated that she had been admitted to hospital, and I think BBC weren't expecting BP to confirm this so immediately issued a rebutal saying it was a rehearsal tweet. Then BP confirmed the tweet was actually correct, calling BBC bluff.

BBC's Ahmen Khawaja tweets The Queen had been hospitalised and blames 'prank' | Daily Mail Online

Tags
auction, collectibles, cooking, environment, market report, meals, memorabilia, prince philip, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, royal marriage, royal trips, royal visits, talents