General News for Queen Elizabeth and Duke of Edinburgh 1: July 2008-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

There are so many differences in a face a simple smile can create no sculptor should worry, there is only one way to get art like that wrong, that's if it is inappropriate or meant as some form of insult about humanity or society that is blatantly obvious, or swings so medical looking it is an invasion of privacy. The sculptor shouldn't worry.

The sculpture is cool though, it captures the desired look, brilliantly. It is amazing. Wow. Personally I would be picky about paintings, but I have seen some art outa some artists that is breath takingly awesome on their subject, in free hand drawing, I couldn't be picky about, but sculptures, those are the most desirable forms of art anyone could produce of someone, I think. The sculptures can be like furniture where paintings have to be displayed like a photograph. It all depends on what you need and for the need the sculpture of the queen is fantastic and suitable. Art will enrich the mind in a way nothing can compare.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Queen's will of iron gets her through State Opening at 89 | Daily Mail Online

A bit of a silly article as I'm sure the Queen is of sound mind enough to know if she needs to stop doing the State Opening of Parliament but there were some interesting facts contained in it (i hadn't heard about their being less people at investitures, though it makes perfect sense)

Actually, the idea of Charles standing in for the Queen at the State Opening has been talked about in royal circles for some time — but privately, and in whispers.

Not so long ago, to help her continue carrying out investitures, carpenters lowered the dais on which she stands to ease the pressure on her knees when bending down to confer honours. Now comes a further change — the number of people on whom she confers honours is being cut back from 90 a session to 60. This is to ease the heavy physical strain of having to stand, unaided for an average one hour and 45 minutes, to just over an hour. Think of it — more than an hour at the age of 89. Charles, as well as Prince William, now share the investiture load with her.

(Why do they always overlook that Anne does investitures and has done for some time)

One thing she has virtually given up — and handed over to younger royals — is far-flung foreign visits. But she has not done so for health reasons. The main reason is that long-distance flying has become increasingly difficult for Prince Philip, without whom she is rarely seen and whose support, she believes, has been crucial to the success of her reign.

There is much more to their decision to attend than the simple fact that Malta is little more than three hours’ flight time away. For these long-married great-grandparents, flying together to Malta will be a particularly sentimental journey.
And if this is to be the last time Prince Philip makes a lengthy flight with the Queen — as it could well be — it just has to be to Malta.

Last edited:
With age the chances of a blood clot during a long flight goes up exponentially. Compression leggings are not comfortable.

@CourtierUK: BBC in trouble this morning for erroneously tweeting this... http://t.co/5rsKjquiTz

@CourtierUK: According to BBC statement, the tweet about Queen’s health was part of a “technical rehearsal” for an obituary. Tweeter says it was a prank.

@CourtierUK: Palace weirdly concede Queen was at hospital, though only for a routine checkup!

@RoyalReporter: Buckingham Palace says the Queen attended her annual medical check-up at the King Edward VII Hospital in London today.

@RoyalReporter: A Buckingham Palace spokesman says: "This was a routine, pre-scheduled appointment. The Queen has now left hospital."

@RoyalReporter: The palace confirmed the Queen's private medical visit after there was speculation on social media about her health.

Oh dear... what has the obituary "rehearsal" has to do with this? It is distasteful IMO and bbc should have access to reliable sources... all this fuss just for a check up!

Reminds me of when one of Aussie networks reported the Queen Mother was dead.
She was well and healthy

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

And I'm sure those who were responsible for her check-up were amazed, like the rest of us, at just how well she is for someone who is 89. She is incredible.

OMG, let's not give ourselves a heart attack. That was frighting to read on twitter.

Palace confirms Queen 'routine' health check after tweet error-
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-32992330

Last edited:
Well the BBC are saying that the tweet was part of a rehearsal for when The Queen passes. However it happened to perfectly coincide with the exact day and time The Queen was actually at King Edwards for a routine check up.

The tweet stipulated that she had been admitted to hospital, and I think BBC weren't expecting BP to confirm this so immediately issued a rebutal saying it was a rehearsal tweet. Then BP confirmed the tweet was actually correct, calling BBC bluff.

BBC's Ahmen Khawaja tweets The Queen had been hospitalised and blames 'prank' | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
I bet the Queen and Phillip had a good laugh about it. I really don't think it would upset her .

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 7h7 hours ago
Accepting a posy from Maisie Gregory, 6, in Cardiff yesterday the Queen was heard saying: "How pretty you are, God bless you, Amen."

I'm back to work on Monday so just popping in but the strangest royal story while I've been off was the Queen saying Amen to a little girl.

The Queen's a very devout lady but that's not the type of thing she'd say normally. Three members of Maisie's family heard her say it. Weird

Perhaps The Queen felt the Holy Ghost when she saw the little girl. The spirit can hit you anywhere at anytime.

The Queen isn't getting any younger... this is not the first time I've heard her say odd things... the press should be aware of that... She is almost 90... hope the are gonna understa this

TBH, I'm not sure this is the sort of thing the Queen would say - even "how pretty you are" is pushing it bit. It's usually just a smile and thank you very much, how lovely, that sort of thing.

Apparently it is the Queen (QEII) but is meant to be based on portraits from the 50s and 60s... still doesn't look much like her to me. A local the daily mail spoke to said it looked more like Princess Margaret and I have to agree.

That said, its a lovely gesture and I can't begin to imagine how hard it is to make a statue look like a real person.

Accepting a posy from Maisie Gregory, 6, in Cardiff yesterday the Queen was heard saying: "How pretty you are, God bless you, Amen."

I'm back to work on Monday so just popping in but the strangest royal story while I've been off was the Queen saying Amen to a little girl.

The Queen's a very devout lady but that's not the type of thing she'd say normally. Three members of Maisie's family heard her say it. Weird

Perhaps The Queen felt the Holy Ghost when she saw the little girl. The spirit can hit you anywhere at anytime.

I watched clips of the event at ITN source Home - ITNSource News and thought the Queen said, "you look very nice" which seems entirely appropriate as the little girl was dressed in a traditional welsh outfit. She didn't seem to speak to her long enough to have said more than that IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
The statue was, to me, instantly reminiscent of the Annigoni portrait of the 1950s - as a little girl I had a jigsaw-puzzle of this portrait, so the details must be imprinted on my memory!
The pageant of boats must have been fabulous to see.

"Her Majesty the Queen in Right of New Zealand" means it's state property owned by New Zealand, likely for something connected to its embassy to the UN. The Queen isn't personally involved at all. Property owned by Canada is listed the same way, and causes the same confusion every once in a while.

Last edited:
The Queen has bought a New York apartment.

She hasn't bought anything.

She thinking to retiring and moove to NY?

No, she doesn't.

"Her Majesty the Queen in Right of New Zealand" means it's state property owned by New Zealand, likely for something connected to its embassy to the UN. The Queen isn't personally involved at all. Property owned by Canada is listed the same way, and causes the same confusion every once in a while.

You are right, it causes the same confusion every time. It's the press's fault, they do it deliberately to create confusion.

:previous:

Indeed, as lovely as New York apartments must surely be, they are most definitely not to the Queen's personal taste. Besides, she could buy a great loft apartment overlooking the Thames! :lol:

:previous:

Indeed, as lovely as New York apartments must surely be, they are most definitely not to the Queen's personal taste. Besides, she could buy a great loft apartment overlooking the Thames! :lol:

I can't imagine Her Majesty retiring anywhere outside the United Kingdom. Not to mention that her current options of homes is not at all shabby, so there's no need to buy a loft, a flat, or anything else. Must be a slow news day if the papers are printing this type of thing. Yikes.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

BBC reporter's Queen death tweet 'a serious breach'-
BBC reporter's Queen death tweet 'a serious breach' - BBC News

THE BBC reporter who sent a tweet mistakenly claiming the Queen had died had not been told the corporation was running a rehearsal of how it might cover a royal death-
BBC reporter who tweeted Queen had died was not told it was a rehearsal | UK | News | Daily Express

That makes me feel a bit sorry for the reporter- she was reporting what she was seeing on monitors around her and no one had let her know what was going on. Seems like the BBC should have done a better job letting people know it was a test.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

That makes me feel a bit sorry for the reporter- she was reporting what she was seeing on monitors around her and no one had let her know what was going on. Seems like the BBC should have done a better job letting people know it was a test.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Yeah, it seems like the BBC is what at fault, not the reporter.

I agree that it seems the BBC is more at fault than the reporter, if she walked past and saw a report about the Queen being ill then she probably though it was true. However as a journalist you might also think she might have checked if anyone else was reporting it or asked some of the people around her if it was true. I guess I feel sorry for her up until she put something she didn't know the full details of on twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom