The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 09:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Very hope that sophie will be pregnant again next year.It will be very wonderful.

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 11-04-2004, 09:29 PM
Courtier

I don't think the coats are because she's expecting. She seems to be wearing them due to the climate. Is it particularly cold in Poland right now? Because I seriously doubt Sophie is going to be having another child, especially right now.

Old 11-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Nobility

Claire: "I noticed that Edward and Sophie have been in mourning this whole week, official royal mounring only begins tomorrow, you'll notice that the Queen, Prince Charles, Anne have not been wearing black. Were Edward and Sophie especially close to Princess Alice?"
(Could someone tell me how to quote a previous message?)

Claire, what makes you think Edward and Sophie have been in mourning this last week?
Old 11-05-2004, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sofhie and Edward
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	53924  
Old 11-05-2004, 06:00 PM
Serene Highness

Wessexes wrap up a busy week in Poland
Hellomagazine.com

5 NOVEMBER 2004

Prince Edward and his wife Sophie have hardly had time to catch their breath this week on their busy four-day visit to Poland.

Beginning their trip with a Warsaw meeting with country's President Aleksander Kwasniewski, they went on to attend a ceremony honouring allied airmen who died during the city's uprising against the Nazis in 1944. They later met with children in the Polish capital.

Then it was on to Krakow where Prince Edward got a serious work-out as he climbed the 239 steps up the tower of the city's famous cathedral. From here the pair were whisked off to open the British Uk21 Festival, a five-day event aimed at promoting British and Polish relations.

The official visit came to a close on Thursday with the Earl and Countess of Wessex paying a visit to the world's oldest salt mine in the medieval town of Wieliczka.

1. The Earl and Countess of Wessex share a joke at the official opening of the British Uk21 Festival in Krakow

2. Sophie and Edward admire an elaborate light fitting in the chapel of the world's oldest salt mine
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	53959  
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2004, 04:17 AM
Commoner

I think Claire was looking at the first set of photos. Odd, Acually I was thinking that they where in mourning for Princess Alice, but I saw pictures of the Queen wearing green. There are probably several reason. As stated above, its winter and maybe their coats are dark. I've been told that Edward is a pretty religious person, maybe they were in mourning for Princess Alice and also look at the majority of the engagements they were doing mostly placing flowers at memorials, visiting a cathedral. I would have worn black if I was simply visiting.
Old 11-06-2004, 04:24 AM
Courtier

I don't know how to answer that it just, well we have seen Sophie's wardrope and lately she is wearing some nice colours. And last week she was wearing such dark things. I was also pointed out they were pieces of clothing from last year. I saw the dark clothing and thought mourning for Princess Alice. I actually forgot it was winter in Poland, so thank you Elsie for explaining

Claire
Old 11-06-2004, 09:02 AM
Courtier

Will Sophie and Edward also be at the wedding today?
Old 11-06-2004, 05:21 PM
Commoner

I read that the Countess of Wessex's engagement ring is made of platinum, but her wedding band is made of gold. Does she wear them together?
Old 11-07-2004, 12:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
wait and see!

if Countess of Wessex would have another baby because she would collaspe again when her daughter was born but she cant have another baby ever or she cant carry add another baby if Sophie wanted it or Edward would like it wait and see when annoucement from Buckingham Palace but im not sure Sophie looks like as pregnant!

Sara Boyce
Why would Sophie collapse again if she were pregnant again? Just because she had a difficult delivery the first time around doesn't mean it would happen again necessarily.

Were there medical records released to the public saying that Sophie cannot have more children because of the difficulties of Louise's birth?

I know that she is older and hence her chances of conceiving are more difficult, but it's not impossible for Sophie to have a second child.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:01 PM
Heir Apparent

I think no.I only saw The Queen,Prince Philip,Prince William,Harry,Duke and Duchess of Kent,Duke and Duchess of Gloucester.Maybe the Earl and The Countess stay with Louise in the days near her birthday.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:38 PM
Courtier

It would appear that Sophie has a hard time conceiving and carrying children to term. Given how traumatic Louise's birth was, it is unlikely they'd have more. There was a general assumption in Britain, even among the medical profession, that Louise will remain an only child.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsie
I read that the Countess of Wessex's engagement ring is made of platinum, but her wedding band is made of gold. Does she wear them together?
I think so. I've read that her engagement ring is white gold rather than platinum. However, it's not uncommon for a yellow-gold ring to be set with gems in a white-gold or platinum setting; the colour sets off cool colours of gems like diamonds and sapphires better than a yellow-gold setting, and platinum is stronger and more durable than gold.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I think so. I've read that her engagement ring is white gold rather than platinum. However, it's not uncommon for a yellow-gold ring to be set with gems in a white-gold or platinum setting; the colour sets off cool colours of gems like diamonds and sapphires better than a yellow-gold setting, and platinum is stronger and more durable than gold.
no!

her wedding bands is different same as Princess Diana and Duchess of York, Princess Royal have same as styles rings i watch videos of her wedding that her rings come from Welsh im positives!

and im not sure Sophie's Princess cut engagement rings making come from! maybe in England or France im not smart!

Princess Diana's sapphire rings come from Garrads to makes more famous for Princess Diana when she got engagement to Prince Charles in 1981 that why her famous Sapphires got more huge BIGGER! but Diana would love it!

but Sophie wanted yellow gold wedding bands together with engagement that her choices! mostly people wanted gold than silver!

Sophie never have colors on her fingers! but she always still on her rings all the times! but Sophie always have sore of her rings sometimes not lots mostly people got sore of rings! but Sophie always still kept rings!

Sara Boyce
Old 11-08-2004, 03:35 AM
Heir Apparent

At the wedding of Edward and Sophie in 1999,which Royals attend except The British?
Old 11-08-2004, 02:01 PM
Courtier

There were several, I think that I have given them in another list
Old 11-12-2004, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe on Sunday,we will have some new pics of Sophie.In Royal Engagements,they announce that Sophie will attend The Rememberance Day Service on Sunday.The Queen,The Duke of Edinburgh,The Princess Royal,The Duke of York,The Earl of Wessex,The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and The Duke of Kent will atttend too.
Old 11-13-2004, 04:21 AM
Courtier

Edward will be laying the wreath up in Scotland. By himself, this really is a big thing considering the Scots currently in the Gulf. I hope he carries it off well. Sophie will be at the centaph, in London.
Old 11-14-2004, 10:04 AM
Courtier

Does any one know when this pic was taken?
Old 11-14-2004, 11:10 AM
Serene Highness

no, i don't know when it was taken, but it's one of the greatest pics i've seen of Sophie

Tags
countess of wessex, earl of wessex, prince edward, sophie