The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 03:34 PM
Commoner

Actually I remember Diana meeting her mother at one of her charity events (I believe it was a soup kichen or somehting), she than showed Diana around. Diana also once took her sister, Sarah to a fashion show.
Sarah, Duchess of York would also invited her father to the horse races she was to attend, as she knew he would be interested in it.
I think all of this gets passed by the Queen and I don't think she minds, or else she wouldn't allow it. I believe she understands that her daughter in law need to keep in touch with their families, so why not invite them to functions which they are interested in.
My guess (and it is only that ) is that Edward (or Sophie) has asked Christopher and Mary Rhys-Jones to move in with them for the time Edward's away. Edward is away an awful lot lately and I think he understands that Sophie needs more company than Louise and the Nanny.

Old 09-22-2004, 03:52 PM
Serene Highness

Gloria, so does that mean that Sophie cannot have any contact with her family members apart from inside their houses? Are they not allowed to see her anywhere in public?
that sounds awful to me, it sounds like she is better than her parents now she's royal, i really think that would be sad...It will always stay her parents, no matter what and i think it's up to her if they can accompany her or not...
i could never do that to my parents, they mean so much to me, they did so much for me...
I don't see anything wrong with it really, yeh he's not royal, but being royal doesn't mean sophie is better than her dad, her dad probably had something to do with the charity or was interested in it

Old 09-22-2004, 05:19 PM
Courtier

I don't mind Christopher Rhys-Jones been asked to go with at all. However, Sophie has never done this before and Edward has gone away before. The engagement was to a hospital in Somerset, so I doubt Christopher Rhys-Jones has any involvement whatsoever. Maybe it was 'Take your Dad to work' Day :)
Either way no else seems to have minded that he was there. I don't know there seems to have been something to it, through.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria
Her father is not royal. Have you ever seen P. Diana had taken any official engagements with any of her maiden familiy memebrs!

When a royal takes on office engagements, they are alone, by any standards, ALONE!!!

Even Sophie is married, changed her status from commoner to a HRH, her father is not by any standards. She is not allowed to take any official duties with her nephew or brother, it is not APPROPORATE, in any senses!!!

She is representing the RF, why she has to bring her father along with her, in fact, I think she had brought her father to many if her engagements lately. I do not know what had happeded.

Martin, you do not bring your mother or father when you are in a meeting or in office. People would think you are unproffesional to entertain your family number when you at work.
Not all royals go at their duties alone -- even royal-born princes and princesses. Think about various state visits in which Queen Margrethe and her husband have been accompanied by their son Frederik. -- Would that be considered the Queen of Dnemark taking her son to work with her???

Felipe and Letizia also brought her grandparents to visit a monastery with them and there were no complaints about that. I think most people appreicate that while one marries into a royal family, one also has a family of their own that they like to spend time with, however one may squeeze it in. Just as Martine said, you can't expect Sophie to forego her family just because she is royal now. I wouldn't care for her very much if she did, to think that she was better than them now and that spending time with them was beyond her.

I don't see what the problem with Christopher Rhys-Jones attending this one visit with Sophie. It's not like he accompanies her to everything. Maybe he had a particular, personal interest in this event and wanted to go with his daughter and spend some time with her. He isn't her shadow; it was one engagement out of hundreds that Sophie does.

And as Christopher Rhys-Jones is a grown and educated man, I believe he is capable of entertaining himself and doesn't require that his daughter, royal or not now, baby sit him and coddle him on this trip.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:01 PM
Commoner

Of course, simply from your point of view, you are right. But talking about the actual formality of royal engagements, it is different.

The royals you mentioned above did bring their ralatives to with them on their outgoings.

But remember, Frederik is the CP, he is considered a royal. Felipe and Letizia broought their grandparents only at the time before their marriage, this does sounds normal. I do not feel anything wrong.

But talking about Mr. Rhys-Jones, things are different. First, he is not royal, who wants to see a royal is with his/her commoner family number on the side when he/she is on duties. INAPPRORATE!!! Each visit royal visit is meaningful and formal, it is actully an activity that is conducted by the top authourity or the goverment. Why people feel comfortable to see their father or mother on the side? Have you seen any of your teachers brought their parents to the classroom to share the lecture with students????
Absolutly disgraceful! BEACUSE MR. RHYS-JONE REALLY HAS NOTHING TO DO OR BE ON ANY ROYAL ENGAEMENTS! HE HAS NO ROYALTITLES AND DOES NOT CARRY ANY RESONSIBILITES FOR THE ROYAL FAMILY.

Take my words! Yes, the world is changing, but man still need to wear suites when they are in business surroudings and to make a worse example, mother do not haev sex with her son!
Old 09-23-2004, 02:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsie
Actually I remember Diana meeting her mother at one of her charity events (I believe it was a soup kichen or somehting), she than showed Diana around. Diana also once took her sister, Sarah to a fashion show.
Sarah, Duchess of York would also invited her father to the horse races she was to attend, as she knew he would be interested in it.
I think all of this gets passed by the Queen and I don't think she minds, or else she wouldn't allow it. I believe she understands that her daughter in law need to keep in touch with their families, so why not invite them to functions which they are interested in.
My guess (and it is only that ) is that Edward (or Sophie) has asked Christopher and Mary Rhys-Jones to move in with them for the time Edward's away. Edward is away an awful lot lately and I think he understands that Sophie needs more company than Louise and the Nanny.
I think Sophie can allowed her parents come visit her and Lady Louise if public visiting not allowed follow by their rules!

im sure Sophie would go with Prince Edward if her baby will stay with her mother the Rhys-Jones i cant wait see that baby!

Sara Boyce
Old 09-23-2004, 04:38 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks For The New Picture Gloria. My God In Some Of These Picture The Countess Does Look Like The Late Princess Of Wales!!! I Also Saw The Pictures Of The Countess Mother, Is She Doing Well?
Old 09-23-2004, 04:40 PM
Commoner

I do not know anything about Sophie's mother but some of her photos.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

What?!, Sophie look like Diana?!!!.........DIANA AND HER BEAUTY THEY ARE UNIQUE!!!
Old 09-23-2004, 08:26 PM
Commoner

Sophie can not compare with Diana. S does not have the qualities that D had. D is more famennon and elegant and S is more sporty and much less classic, she is more of the ordinary type.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	42411   Click image for larger version

Name:	0057398.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	42412   Click image for larger version

Name:	0166693.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	42413  
Old 09-23-2004, 08:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
What?!, Sophie look like Diana?!!!.........DIANA AND HER BEAUTY THEY ARE UNIQUE!!!
Everybody's unique. However, there have been some photos of Sophie that look quite like Diana.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree with you, Gloria..........but, for my, Sophie not look like Diana, I respect your opinion Elspet.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:01 PM
Commoner

Everybody is unique, it is ture. There have been some photos of Sophie that look quite like Diana, it is also true. But if your pay attention to all the details of these two ladies facial structure, EVEN when you looked at any pics of D, D does look much better than S.D has more class than S and is more elegant than S. This is truth and nonbody on earth can possibly deny it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you common on some one's look, it does not mean that your are taking a person's complete value away. Why you react to C's words like that. We recongnize each person fairlly and honestly. Even some of Sophie's photos that look quite like Diana, but it is only limited to some angles and it is not very often to happen. If I put your words as truth, than D AND S are the twins!!!!

Beauty is woman's uniqe property! Do not take Diana's beauty and elegance away when you compare S with D!!!Sophie is nor beautiful nor elegant! It takes a lot lot lot lot lot lot lot....more for SOPHIE to achieve the same effect as Diana did.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Diana is Diana....Sophie is Sophie
Old 09-23-2004, 09:38 PM
Serene Highness

HONESTLY! I have never heard so much rot!!

The Countess of Wessex is a very down to earth and lovely lady. She is no less beautiful than Diana. And let us not get into the assumption that Diana was naturally beautiful.! If you look at photo's of Diana before the engagement & wedding she was very much a fairly ordinary young woman, nothing particularly remarkable.

Quote:
Everybody is unique, it is ture. There have been some photos of Sophie that look quite like Diana, it is also true. But if your pay attention to all the details of these two ladies facial structure, EVEN when you looked at any pics of D, D does look much better than S.D has more class than S and is more elegant than S. This is truth and nonbody on earth can possibly deny it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you common on some one's look, it does not mean that your are taking a person's complete value away. Why you react to C's words like that. We recongnize each person fairlly and honestly. Even some of Sophie's photos that look quite like Diana, but it is only limited to some angles and it is not very often to happen. If I put your words as truth, than D AND S are the twins!!!!

Beauty is woman's uniqe property! Do not take Diana's beauty and elegance away when you compare S with D!!!Sophie is nor beautiful nor elegant! It takes a lot lot lot lot lot lot lot....more for SOPHIE to achieve the same effect as Diana did.
Old 09-24-2004, 02:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I'll be quite happy to go on record as denying that Diana had more class than Sophie. Yes, she was strikingly good-looking, elegant, and well groomed - but class? That's rather subjective.
Old 09-24-2004, 05:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes,Diana is Diana and Sophie is Sophie.We shouldn't compare them together.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 09-24-2004, 03:05 PM
Commoner

HMQueen Elizabeth II,

I would like to ask u a question, are you the real queen or why your are using HMQueen Elizabeth II AS your memebr's name?
Old 09-24-2004, 04:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
HMQueen Elizabeth II,

I would like to ask u a question, are you the real queen or why your are using HMQueen Elizabeth II AS your memebr's name?
Do you honestly think that someone with as busy a schedule as Queen Elizabeth would be spending all her time on a message board? This is a fun place, but come on! The Queen has better things to do with her time.

And why is it any one's business what this member's name is or why they chose it? Lots of people have royal-related names -- it's a royal forum afterall.

And isn't this thread about Edward and Sophie? Why are we now asking about member's names in the middle of a thread?
Old 09-24-2004, 05:30 PM
Commoner

You are mean. I wondered if it is the real queen who has posted the massage. Would you choose queen's name to put on your passport to make it official??? Nobody will get it. You are so mean the way you talk to people.

Tags
countess of wessex, earl of wessex, prince edward, sophie