The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 05:01 AM
Majesty

Earl And Countess of Wessex: February - September 2003

Old 03-04-2003, 05:52 AM
Majesty

from www.hellomagazine.com

3 MARCH 2003
More than one year after the Countess of Wessex suffered an ectopic pregnancy, British newspaper reports say the 38-year-old has turned to IVF treatment in the hope of beginning a family.

Sophie and her husband Prince Edward are understood to have been visiting a private London fertility clinic for the past six months. The Countess has apparently undergone two cycles of IVF treatment, which failed, and has now embarked on a third attempt.

Buckingham Palace has refused to comment on the issue, but one official acknowledged he was aware of the reports.

The Countess has been forthcoming over her desire to have a baby and the possibility of using medical assistance to reach her maternal goals.

"It's astonishing how many friends of mine have had problems either conceiving or losing children," she said in a 2001 interview. "I would explore all avenues and I certainly wouldn't rule out IVF. It's quite important to me to have children."

Old 03-05-2003, 12:10 PM
Majesty

picture from www.ibl.se

picture from www.ibl.se

picture from www.ibl.se

picture from www.ibl.se

picture from www.ibl.se
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	3330   Click image for larger version

Views:	131
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	3331   Click image for larger version

Views:	127
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	3332   Click image for larger version

Views:	88
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	3333  

Views:	129
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	3334  
Old 04-02-2003, 03:27 PM
Majesty

Edward & Sophie visited two schools and a centre yesterday.

RexFeatures Picture.

RexFeatures Picture

RexFeatures Picture

RexFeatures Picture

RexFeatures Picture

RexFeatures Picture
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	411219j.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	3831   Click image for larger version

Name:	411219i.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	3832   Click image for larger version

Name:	411219c.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	3833   Click image for larger version

Name:	411219h.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	3834  

Name:	411219m.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	3835   Click image for larger version

Name:	411219p.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	3836  
Old 04-19-2003, 02:21 AM
Heir Apparent

yep.

She wants to have baby herself when she going to clinic for IFV trying to have children.

She and Prince Edward been married for 4 years then sophie got collasped with the Eptopic pregnancy because she lost baby 15 month ago she very depressed for it.

The clinic told Sophie she become pregnant right now but not said due born ? i think maybe will born in October or November i think so wait and see it.

Sara Boyce
Old 04-19-2003, 10:39 AM

Man, Sarah, you get around! LOL
Old 04-19-2003, 06:42 PM
Courtier

Does anybody have any recent pictures of the Earl and Countess of St. Andrews? I haven't found any. Thanks.
Old 04-19-2003, 11:03 PM
Courtier

Here's a photo of them from last year.

Link:Photo
Old 04-20-2003, 01:09 AM
Courtier

Thank you. That was a nice picture.
Old 04-20-2003, 10:09 AM
Gentry

When was it taken? I mean, what occasion? It's very rare to find a picture of them. Thanks!
Old 04-20-2003, 11:02 AM
Aristocracy

It's nice to see them making a lot more public appearances in recent times :)
Old 04-21-2003, 03:20 AM
Commoner

what's their link with william? or prince charles? i mean how are they related to the royal family?
Old 04-21-2003, 10:07 AM
Courtier

The picture was taken last year at the Trouping of the Colour.

The Earl of St. Andrews is the son of The Duke of Kent. The Duke of Kent is a first cousin to Queen Elizabeth II. That makes the Earl of St. Andrews a second cousin to Prince Charles and their children are third cousins.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:56 AM
Commoner

thanx alot for the answer! i'm smarter now!
Old 04-22-2003, 11:58 AM
Courtier

You're welcome!
Old 04-29-2003, 05:49 PM
Courtier

Hey all, I read in the Telegraph (old article) that Prince Edward of Great Britain and Princess Martha Louise of Norway dated for 10 months in 1990. Does anyone have any info, pics, or articles about them being together?
Old 05-03-2003, 12:40 AM
Heir Apparent

i knew it, Kitty !

I read article about Sophie's news when she got collasped with eptopic pregnancy in December 2001 before christmas the Countess of Wessex very disappointment about lost baby then later after lost baby i found out she become pregnant when she been at clinic the clinic told Sophie she finally got baby !

i will send you her websites of news

Sara Boyce
Old 05-03-2003, 01:17 AM
Heir Apparent

I have lots news over Sophie,Countess of Wessex you should read it them !

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/page....%20fall%20scare

http://www,mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/page....ll&siteid=50143

http://www.femail.co.uk/pages/standard/art...99&in_page_id=2

http://www.hellomagazine.com/2003/03/03/sophiewessex/

you will read about her what happened from previous eptopic pregnancy i havent find pictures when she released from hospital on December 2001 before Christmas she with Prince Edward.

Sara Boyce
Old 05-06-2003, 07:15 AM
Majesty

article from http://news.bbc.co.uk

Baby joy for Sophie and Edward

The Countess of Wessex is pregnant, Buckingham Palace has announced.

A statement from the palace said: "Their Royal Highnesses the Earl and Countess of Wessex are very pleased to announce that the Countess of Wessex is expecting a baby in December.

"The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh and members of both families are delighted with the news."

A spokeswoman for the countess said Sophie, 38, was feeling a "little tired" but was "absolutely fine".

She added: "Sophie and Edward are absolutely thrilled and excited with the news".

The countess will not be undertaking official engagements for the time being on doctors' advice.

The announcement follows the trauma of a failed pregnancy in December 2001 when the countess was airlifted to hospital after suffering an ectopic pregnancy.

Surgeons operated to remove the foetus from her fallopian tube after she was rushed to King Edward VII Hospital by air ambulance.

Royal duties

Sophie was 36 at the time and doctors said that if the condition had continued undiagnosed, it could have been life-threatening.

She later spoke of her sadness at losing their first baby but said she was optimistic the couple could still start a family.

"I'm obviously very sad, but it was just not meant to be," she said.

"But there will be other chances."

The good news also follows the couple's struggle to combine high profile jobs in television and public relations with royal duties since they married in 1999.

In 2001 the countess was recorded making indiscreet remarks about several public figures by an undercover tabloid reporter.

She then gave a newspaper interview in which she spoke about her husband's sexuality, stating "my Edward's not gay".

IVF rumours

Later the same year the Earl of Wessex had to apologise after a row about filming at Prince William's university when other media organisations agreed not to film the student prince.

In March last year the couple announced they would fulfil current obligations with their separate companies before leaving.

The reason for their decision was to support the Queen during her Golden Jubilee, but the move was considered to be permanent.

BBC correspondent Peter Hunt said that as doctors consider Sophie to be an "older mum" she is expected to rest at home until the birth.

She had been due to make an official visit to Devon on Tuesday with Edward.

A spokeswoman for Sophie said Edward would be carrying out the engagements on his own.

Recent media reports have suggested that Sophie had undergone IVF treatment to get pregnant.

Buckingham Palace would not comment on the reports.

Sophie said before her first pregnancy that she hoped to have a boy and a girl, and that she would consider undergoing IVF treatment to conceive.

'Not too late'

She said she did not believe she had left it too late to have children.

"I think if I was going to have five or 10 I should have started an awful long time ago," she told the News of the World.

"But if I'm lucky enough to have any, one of each would be nice.

"I certainly don't think I have left it too late.

"I would explore all avenues and I certainly wouldn't rule out IVF."
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	5434  
Old 05-06-2003, 07:20 AM
Majesty

text from www.royal.gov.uk

May 2003

ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE PREGNANCY OF THE COUNTESS OF WESSEX

THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IS ISSUED BY THE PRESS SECRETARY TO HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN

Their Royal Highnesses The Earl and Countess of Wessex are very pleased to announce that The Countess of Wessex is expecting a baby in December.

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh and members of both families are delighted with the news.

To be released at 1000 hours BST, Tuesday 6th May, 2003

Closed Thread

Tags
countess of wessex, earl of wessex, prince edward, sophie