The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 08:46 PM
Commoner

Sohpie and Edward seemed such a nice couple. Why would the PR campain of Prince Charles do things against Sophie and Edward since they are brothers?

Old 06-03-2003, 10:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Sophie's hair looks different thans one !

I like her style hats more different than Princess Diana

Sara Boyce

Old 06-06-2003, 08:20 PM
Gentry

I think that Sophie's wedding dress is my favorite of the Royal Brides. An exception would be that it doesn't seem to be "fitted" very well. At times it seemed baggy in the shoulder and neckline area. I remember thinking this after seeing the wedding photos after their marriage.

Did anyone else think the same thing?

Peace. Zara
Old 06-06-2003, 10:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Zara@Jun 6th, 2003 - 7:20 pm
I think that Sophie's wedding dress is my favorite of the Royal Brides. An exception would be that it doesn't seem to be "fitted" very well. At times it seemed baggy in the shoulder and neckline area. I remember thinking this after seeing the wedding photos after their marriage.

Did anyone else think the same thing?

Peace. Zara
You know that i like Princess Diana's dresses that my favourite dress if i got married i will choose Famous Princess Diana's designer like as Emmauel who makes for Diana's wedding in 1981 or I will choose St Tropez best dresses or England will more BEST !

I think Sophie's dress looks lovely too im not sure what her train ? think 5 feet or 10 feet ? i watch her tapes unsaid training ! its her secret designer from Samatha who makes for her wedding Samatha who lifts her trains from Queens's limo that very bad influence for HELP! like Countess of Wessex's friends same designer make for her friend's wedding ! i not like to help from Countess of Wessex's designer to make my dress for my wedding ! that my ruled !

Sara Boyce
Old 06-06-2003, 11:58 PM
Courtier

What I like on Princess Sophie's dresses are that it has nice cuts. Her dress during the Infamous Trooping of Colors though look colorful yet it really looked like a "popcicle" I like her hats because she has different styles not just the ordinary hats royals are wearing. Creative and has a lot of style.
Never let go of anyone that you could not go a day without thinking about. There just might be a very good reason why they're always on your mind. Sometimes, it's the brain that knows too well what the heart tries so hard to deny
~ ~ Anonymous ~ ~
Old 06-09-2003, 09:54 PM
Gentry

I like Princess Diana's dress Sara but I am not the "pouffy" type of girl. LOL.... Princess Diana and Prince Charles were married a couple weeks after my ex-husband. My ex and I were in the Army stationed at Fort Hood Texas and took off a Monday afternoon to drive to Belton Texas to get married. In blue jeans (nice ones of course) and I wore a white cami top and little jacket with lace and blue ribbon. Our car overheated on our way back to post and we ended up having our "wedding dinner" at a Dairy Queen while waiting for the car to cool down. I should have known the marriage was doomed from the start. LOL.....Our son was born a couple of months after Prince William and like William and Harry he is a tall (6'4") strawberry blond. His name is Rian (Irish for "little king").
Old 06-09-2003, 11:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Zara@Jun 9th, 2003 - 8:54 pm
I like Princess Diana's dress Sara but I am not the "pouffy" type of girl. LOL.... Princess Diana and Prince Charles were married a couple weeks after my ex-husband. My ex and I were in the Army stationed at Fort Hood Texas and took off a Monday afternoon to drive to Belton Texas to get married. In blue jeans (nice ones of course) and I wore a white cami top and little jacket with lace and blue ribbon. Our car overheated on our way back to post and we ended up having our "wedding dinner" at a Dairy Queen while waiting for the car to cool down. I should have known the marriage was doomed from the start. LOL.....Our son was born a couple of months after Prince William and like William and Harry he is a tall (6'4") strawberry blond. His name is Rian (Irish for "little king").
that true!

The Countess of Wessex's wedding dress who chose Samatha for her wedding in summer 1999 she liked to help! the designer lifts her training! that crazy! why not she get out of LIMO! that not my choice same her friend who chose same designer before !

I like Princess Diana's famous designer when she married in 1981 she choose 25 feet more famous many people look her train than Sophie's train ! Princess Diana choose Elizabeth Emmauel and David Emmauel both wife and husband designer make for her wedding in 1981 her wedding dress got kept sakes in Althorp where Princess Diana's burial. If you makes image of her pictures in 1981 please you favor ?

Sara Boyce
Old 06-11-2003, 01:01 PM
Majesty

--
Old 06-11-2003, 08:10 PM
Heir Apparent

www.ibl.se - June 10, 2003 - Prince Edward visiting showcaves and a dinosaur park.

www.ibl.se - (Meanwhile) June 10, 2003 - Sophie, Countess of Wessex is at Pennywell Farm, near Buckfastleigh, Devon, Britain.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sophie_b.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	207433   Click image for larger version

Name:	sophie_c.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	207435  
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2003, 11:31 PM
Nobility

I do hope the marriage of the Earl and C ountess of Wessex will last. It seems to be more solid than that of his sibs.
Old 06-12-2003, 03:35 PM
Majesty

http://news.bbc.co.uk

Countess is girlguides new president

The Countess of Wessex is to become the new president of Girlguiding UK, a post previously held by the late Princess Margaret.
Her role will include chairing the council of Girlguiding UK, presenting members with the Queen's Guide Award, and certain informal duties.

The countess's appointment continues the long association between the Royal Family and Girlguiding UK.

The Queen is a loyal supporter and patron of the organisation, as was the Queen Mother.

'Thrilled'

The Countess, who is expecting a baby in December, was recently introduced to Chief Guide Jenny Leach and other members of the organisation at Buckingham Palace.

Ms Leach said: "We are thrilled that the Countess of Wessex has agreed to be our president.

"With her appointment, we secure a combination of both continuity and looking to the future for Girlguiding UK."

Sophie Wessex, who has been a Brownie herself, takes over the presidency following the death of Princess Margaret in February last year.

Princess Margaret, who had been a Brownie, Guide and Ranger, was president for 37 years.

Girlguiding UK, formerly known as the Guide Association, is Britain's largest voluntary organisation for girls and young women, with 620,000 members.
Old 06-12-2003, 08:26 PM
Heir Apparent

www.hello.com - A picture to go along with the story posted by Josefine. Sophie with a Brownie and a Girl Guide.
Attached Images

Old 06-18-2003, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Happy Anniversary to the Earl and Countess of Wessex who on their wedding anniversary on June 19, 1999.

The couple never divorces ! both still married POWER! the Countess Sophie of Wessex who currently pregnant 3 month will be due in December.

Please spread the pics from past of engagement and wedding pics too and also before pre-wedding pics please show it ! and after wedding the couple been away for tour gets pics show it when couple been away ! i want couple to remind it !

Sara Boyce
Old 06-21-2003, 10:39 AM
Gentry

here ya go....Sara.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	edwardengland42.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	9213  
Old 06-25-2003, 07:17 PM
Heir Apparent

www.hello.com - 25 JUNE 2003

Prince Edward Makes His Pitch in Canada

The Queen's youngest son has demonstrated his sporting prowess by stepping up to the plate in a major league baseball match in Toronto. Prince Edward, who is currently touring Canada, was granted the honour of making the first pitch of the season.

He was greeted by roars of applause from thousands of fans as he stepped out to start the game, which saw the Toronto Blue Jays take on the Baltimore Orioles.

But the 39-year-old's skills may be somewhat lacking, according to baseball experts. Professional players use a powerful sidearm throw so as to achieve maximum speed, but Edward's slow overarm effort owed rather more to a certain British sport, from which the American game is derived.

Nobody was complaining about the prince's lack of baseball ability, however. After all, it's just not cricket.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	edward_a.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	207440   Click image for larger version

Name:	edward_b.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	207441  
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2003, 08:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Edward throw the ball to players that nice !

its honour when he visit Canada because he missed Prince William's 21st birthday last weekend his pregnant wife Sophie attend to the party !

most Royal Family always visited Canada same Prince and Princess of Wales visit in 1983, Duke and Duchess visit and mostly Queen visit Canada and also Queen Mother too. In 1998 I don't believe it the screaming girls going near the about 15 year old Prince William he shy! after Diana's death i do believe it !

please make add the pictures who attended Canada years ago and also Earl and Countess of Wessex too in Canada same its real traditional !

Sara Boyce
Old 07-03-2003, 11:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I got Hello Magazine today i read of Countess of Wessex's pregnant bump coming ! but Prince Edward said his wife disobey! they Countess of Wessex said will be careful! the couple gets in the boat ! its hot day! if you wants to add show pictures of her ?

I remind of late Princess Diana got in boat before Prince William was born in 1982 she pregnant by Spring 1982 ! its same pictures ! if you want to show it !

Sara Boyce
Old 07-08-2003, 11:29 AM
Nobility

Royals At Hampton Court Flower Show

July 7, 2003 Hampton, Surrey, United Kingdom --- 7/7/03, HAMPTON, SURREY, UNITED KINGDOM --- Happily showing signs of her pregnancy Sophie, Countess of Wessex, enjoying an early evening tour of the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show organised by the Royal Horticultural Society. It is the largest annual flower show in the world attracting over 185,000 visitors. --- Photo by Tim Graham/Corbis Sygma

July 7, 2003 Hampton, England, United Kingdom --- Happily showing signs of her pregnancy Sophie, Countess of Wessex, joins her husband, Prince Edward, for an early evening tour of the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show organised by the Royal Horticultural Society. It is the largest annual flower show in the world attracting over 185,000 visitors.

July 7, 2003 Hampton, England, United Kingdom --- Happily showing signs of her pregnancy Sophie, Countess of Wessex, arriving for an early evening tour of the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show organised by the Royal Horticultural Society. It is the largest annual flower show in the world attracting over 185,000 visitors.

July 7, 2003 Hampton, England, United Kingdom --- Happily showing signs of her pregnancy Sophie, Countess of Wessex, arriving for an early evening tour of the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show organised by the Royal Horticultural Society. It is the largest annual flower show in the world attracting over 185,000 visitors.

July 7, 2003 Hampton, England, United Kingdom --- Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, arriving for an early evening tour of the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show organised by the Royal Horticultural Society. It is the largest annual flower show in the world attracting over 185,000 visitors.

July 7, 2003 Hampton, England, United Kingdom --- Happily showing signs of her pregnancy Sophie, Countess of Wessex, joins her husband, Prince Edward, for an early evening tour of the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show organised by the Royal Horticultural Society. It is the largest annual flower show in the world attracting over 185,000 visitors.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	A.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	10432   Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	10433   Click image for larger version

Views:	66
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	10434   Click image for larger version

Views:	74
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	10435  

Views:	71
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	10436   Click image for larger version

Views:	58
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	10437   Click image for larger version

Views:	69
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	10438  
Old 07-08-2003, 04:58 PM
Majesty

www.ibl.se

www.ibl.se

www.ibl.se
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2003, 10:06 PM
Heir Apparent

www.ibl.se - Mandatory Credit: Photo By TIM ROOKE/REX FEATURES SOPHIE COUNTESS OF WESSEX AND PRINCE EDWARD CHARITY GALA EVENING AT HAMPTON COURT FLOWER SHOW, LONDON, BRITAIN - 7 JUL 2003 PREGNANT 421172/ROO
Attached Images

Tags
countess of wessex, earl of wessex, prince edward, sophie