Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 9: November 2005-March 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edward does more duties than Sophie. But it really doesn't work to count engagements, as projects that take years - yes years to prepare for - are often written off as a one hour engagement. Just because you don't see pics...

Sophie is probably more interesting to see by the media & that's why we see many pictures of her when she goes on a royal "duty", but we should take a look at those many many 'close doors' meetings, engagements, and royal duties. those you can see on royal.gov.uk

Edward's engagement list for the Commonwealth Games in Melbourne next week, is amazing. I must admit I was hoping the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh would stay longer than the day, but it is not to be. Edward will however be in Australia from the 11 - 27th of March. So he will be celebrating his 43rd birthday in a 16 hour flight in couch. Pity Sophie will not be going along.

Sophie seems to be growing her hair. I don't think it suits her much, it reminds me of when Diana tried to change her style.

Interesting brooch - thistles, doves and a crown. I wonder where she got that. Have to attempt that I find it too large to be worn on the shoulder.

Nice photos, thank you.

about the Countess growing her hair out - yes, it does look somewhat silly. I like it short, but not "guy looking" short, but not also that long either.

Adry said:
The Countess of Wessex visits the Penn Special School in Buckinghamshire

a couple of tiny pics but without watermark from LFI (good for avatars...:D )

I really like Sophie but the long hair is I agree not that flattering however I like that she will have to have it blow waved for all public appearances something she does not always do.Yes I too am puzzled by the brooch it is huge almost unattractive though it is saved because it's probably a gift and a sentimental one from the Queen. But golly it is yukky a bit like that mirror piece she wore for ages fortunately she does seem to have stopped doing so anyway that is all only what I think.

I think sophie looks very nice with long hair, and I think it suits her far better than when diana tried to grow hers.

She looks great! If the coat was more fitted she would've looked even better.

I actually like her hair longer she looks very nice.

Imo, long hair looks great on Sophie, though she has to style it better. It reminds me a bit of Maxima's hair, which can look great, but from time to time it really is a mess. Love the brooche, btw.

The Countess gets more and more elegant with every engagement. She is becoming more and more assured in her role and she must be one of the hardest working members of our wonderful Royal family.

HRH at tonights childline charity gala at banqueting house, also attending is HSH The Prince of Monaco.

57028395.jpg

Wow, what a dress! I'd prefer a little less cleavage, but a lovely, flattering dress.

O Wow. Thats a suprise. I never would have expected that from a member of the BRF. Very Sexy and neckline just plunges.

She looks fantastic!

Looking at the Getty images, it appears she is wearing her tiara as a necklace.

That is her tiara. You get to see the design so much better when she wears it as a necklace.

If she had done something with her hair it would have been perfect.

March 8, 2006; Sophie, Countess of Wessex arriving for the ChildLine & Mission Enfance Gala in London. Photos: Getty Images
sophiegetty29px.jpg
sophiegetty13zr.jpg
sophiegetty9pn.jpg

Last edited:
More Sophie of Wessex with Prince Albert
Photos by Getty Images

Last edited:
sophie look great, really great! the necklace is from the same piece of the tiara than she used in monaco.

the countess looks lovely...

here's a couple more from ANP :

HRH Sophie The Countess of Wessex arrives at the Banqueting House to attend a Royal Gala dinner in aid of Childline and Mission Enfance in London 08 March 2006.
HRH Sophie The Countess of Wessex arrives at the royal premiere of the film "These Foolish Things" at the Odeon Kensington cinema, London, 08 March 2006

Last edited:
It looks like Sophie is wearing her new tiara, but this time as a necklace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom