Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 9: November 2005-March 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone read this article?

I liked the article I especially like this part:

Back in the gala tent, they barely had time to eat as friends and guests wanting to meet royalty stopped by their table. Among their friends was Palm Beacher Barbara Wainscott Berger, who entertained Edward at a dinner in her home in 1997 and attended his wedding to Sophie in New Zealand a year later.

Funny if it was true :D

HRH Sophie Rhys-Jones, Countess of Wessex joins pupils studying on computers during a visit to Kings Stanley Junior School in Stroud on January 25, 2006 in Gloucestershire

photos from getty.
Sophie look great!

Attachments

• 56666242.jpg
    56666242.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 295
  • 56666246.jpg
    56666246.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 205
  • 56666270.jpg
    56666270.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 205
  • 56666401.jpg
    56666401.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 261
  • 56666412.jpg
    56666412.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 195
  • 56666423.jpg
    56666423.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 147
I like the Countess but the jacket is way to tight on her and her hair is not really flattering her. Also, her face looks different but I dont know what exactly.

Thanks for the new pictures of The Countess of Wessex, corazon she looked lovely and elegant, and the same boots at Xmas.And have never seen any picture of Sophie holding a bouquet with the camera took straight into like that.

good observation! Is very true!

Claire said:
I liked the article I especially like this part:

Back in the gala tent, they barely had time to eat as friends and guests wanting to meet royalty stopped by their table. Among their friends was Palm Beacher Barbara Wainscott Berger, who entertained Edward at a dinner in her home in 1997 and attended his wedding to Sophie in New Zealand a year later.

Funny if it was true :D
wedding in NZ?:confused:

SOPHIE GETS A HI-TECH MASTERCLASS FROM HER YOUNGER FANS

Sophie Wessex showed her aptitude for modern technology when she visited a group of youngsters in Gloucestershire this week. The countess joined pupils at Kings Stanley Junior School in Stroud on Wednesday afternoon as they opened their laptop computers and got down to some hi-tech learning.

It wasn't clear who had the greater expertise when the pretty royal crouched down for a chat with one young boy, but, judging by the looks of concentration on both of their faces, the two were equally immersed in the task at hand.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/01/26/sophiewessex/

Attachments

• wessex-dop1a.jpg
    wessex-dop1a.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 212
  • wessex-dop2a.jpg
    wessex-dop2a.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 271
  • wessex-dop3a.jpg
    wessex-dop3a.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 137
Oh yes! The Countess looks delightful, the boots are such a wonderful look for HRH. Thank You Countess!

Her colours are soo bright. She seems fond of that red colour. It good that she can be soo bright when its soo cold and miserable.

The Earl of Wessex at the National Youth Orchestra of Scotland New Year Concert at the Usher Hall in Edinburgh, 3 January 2006. His Royal Highness is pictured speaking to The Right Honourable Lesley Hinds, Lord Provost, and the National Youth Orchestra of Scotland's Chairman Alan Simpson.

n1fccx.jpg

(from royal.gov.uk)

The years come and looks like the Countess get more young and beautiful :D

I wish she had worn a hat for the send off of the ship. It seemed to be a very important event and I think she would have looked more formal or maybe more dressed up.;)

I think she looks great, better than years ago.........

Hi Will's princess. Glad you liked the audio of Sophie I posted. It's funny, I've had a few people PM me to say they never expected Sophie to talk like that. I think some people expected her to be posher or something?

Cheerio.
Joanne :)

Will's princess said:
Voice clip of Sophie launching HMS Daring

http://www.theroyalist.net/content/view/378/1/

I've never heard her speak before and I never thought she'd sound like that but it was a pleasant surprise

I liked the clip! Too bad she didn't christen a cruise ship. Did you know that if you christen a cruise ship, you become its godmother and can sail on it once a year for free? (I can't imagine that you'd really want to sail on a warship for amusement.)

I read somewhere that it traditional to give a tiara as a gift to a royal lady after she launches a ship. Does anyone know if the MOD has asked for Sophie's head measurements?

I'm becoming a little bit worried about the lack of engagements Edward and Sophie are undertaking. Especially Sophie. Does anyone know if they are perhaps on holiday?

Sophie has a new charity: The Wallace Collection.

There is a dromatic change in her voice, she sounded a different person. IT IS NOT NATURAL AND I have never had this kind of experience!

That's strange.She sounds alot like a younger Queen Elizabeth.

Paula** said:
I'm surprised too, she sounds tottaly different of what I thought:(
Some people changes the pitch of their voice when making public speeches, especially if they were nervous.

I have never heard her voice before and I would have never EVER guessed it to be like that. I must say though that I like it a lot. Her voice is so young and regal but not posh or pompous. I like it.

Here is a picture of Sophie from Majesty magazine. snapped it with my phone today. Hope ya like it.

nmg37l.jpg

Thursday, 2nd February
The Countess of Wessex will visit the 'Alice through the Looking Glass' exhibition at the Glasgow Science Centre, 50 Pacific Quay, Glasgow, and will attend a lunch for Childline in the Banqueting Hall of the City Chambers, George Square, Glasgow.

Last edited:
purple_platinum said:

such a smart idea to have your pocket mirror hanging around your neck! that way you can always check if you've got lipstick on your teeth. :rolleyes:

What does it say about Edward when his wife does more royal duties than him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom