Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 9: November 2005-March 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How great to see the Countess of Wessex out and about again! She looks great, very stylish and professional!

Wonderful to see HRH on royal duties! I love the suit, HRH looks elegant and sophisticated! Thank you Countess!

the countess indeed looks glowing... lovely..

(more from uk press)

Sophie at the RNID engagement

Hi everyone. Sophie looked really happy and radiant on Monday, which was nice to see as she's had some tough times, what with the death of her mother and concern over Louise's eye. {ed}

Let's hope Sophie, Edward and Louise have some happier times ahead of them in 2006.

Merry Christmas everybody :)

Joanne

Last edited by a moderator:
YES, the royal family eats what they shoot. They even send some home with their geasts, and some is sold in the royal stores at Windsor castle/(Balmoral? not sure) The corgis even get some.

What's going on with the Wessexes lately? We used to see at least Sophie attending 3-4 events a week and now we hardly see her at all. Is it because the media is now following Camilla more even though Sophie is still doing her regular duties? Or has she totally cut back on her schedule to 1 or 2 a month?

I read that she was going to cut back, but even when she was the second lady in the land, a lot of her engagements went unreported in the national media. For most members of the RF, you have to look in the local media to see coverage of their duties. Otherwise, you would miss the contributions the Gloucesters, the Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra make altogether.

I have to agree since Camilla has arrived at the scene Edward and Sophie are rarely if ever reported on these days. Not they were greatly coveed in the first place. But I used to be able to find small intimate articles about them when they had engagements in small publications. Now it is just Charles, Camilla, William and Harry. It is a way things are just going to be from now on.

That rumour about Sophie cutting back on engagements didn't pan out. If anything she has done more this year, she has also taken on more patronages. The Wessex's are going to have a very busy year, with The 50th Anniversary of the Duke of Edinburgh Awards and the Commonwealth Games. They are going to be very busy.

I am told that in the new copy of Hello! Magazine, it is reported that Lady Louise underwent her eye op before her second birthday.

Merry Christmas, Everyone

Attachments

• xmas05.jpg
    xmas05.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 553
I noticed their January Agenda and I think it's curious that they will be away (abroad in Florida) on January 20th, Sophie's 41th birthday. You'd think that she would want to spend it with her daughter and her family, her father and brother.

Japy28 said:
I noticed their January Agenda and I think it's curious that they will be away (abroad in Florida) on January 20th, Sophie's 41th birthday. You'd think that she would want to spend it with her daughter and her family, her father and brother.
An example of Royal duties taking precedence over personal circumstances. I'm sure the Florida society ladies will be well-aware it's Sophie's birthday and come up with something appropriate for the occasion.

Sophie's new patronages

Hi,

I noticed that the Countess of Wessex has been named as the Royal West and Bath Society. Oddly she will undertake the position in 2007 till 2008. She also has the Agricultural Society of England to her patronages will October 2006.

So we will no doubt be seeing more photos of the Countess chatting to cows.

Photos from The Royal Bath and West Society

Attachments

• cake.jpg
    cake.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 231
  • supremechampion05.jpg
    supremechampion05.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 253
purple_platinum said:
Saturday, 7th January
The Earl of Wessex, Patron of the British Ski and Snowboard Federation, will carry out engagements in Davos,
Switzerland to celebrate the 50th anniversary celebrations of the UK-Swiss Parliamentary Ski Races.

Polfoto 07-01-2006
Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, adjusts his sunglasses before skiing down to the valley, at the Swiss parliamentary ski race in Davos, Switzerland, Saturday, Jan. 7, 2006.

Attachments

• AP538063_guest.jpg
    AP538063_guest.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 197
  • AP538064_guest.jpg
    AP538064_guest.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 173
  • AP538065_guest.jpg
    AP538065_guest.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 205
  • AP538066_guest.jpg
    AP538066_guest.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 181
  • AP538122_guest.jpg
    AP538122_guest.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 162
several more from ANP

Attachments

• 2177498.jpg
    2177498.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 154
  • 2177500.jpg
    2177500.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 2177560.jpg
    2177560.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 176
  • 2199236.jpg
    2199236.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 153
today is sophie birthday, right?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOPHIE!!!!!!!

Claire said:
I have to agree since Camilla has arrived at the scene Edward and Sophie are rarely if ever reported on these days. Not they were greatly coveed in the first place. But I used to be able to find small intimate articles about them when they had engagements in small publications. Now it is just Charles, Camilla, William and Harry. It is a way things are just going to be from now on.

That rumour about Sophie cutting back on engagements didn't pan out. If anything she has done more this year, she has also taken on more patronages. The Wessex's are going to have a very busy year, with The 50th Anniversary of the Duke of Edinburgh Awards and the Commonwealth Games. They are going to be very busy.

I am told that in the new copy of Hello! Magazine, it is reported that Lady Louise underwent her eye op before her second birthday.

Merry Christmas, Everyone

This seasons greatings card is relly not nice. They could have posed with Lady Louise instead ogf kind of inserting her with summer clothes inside their picture.

Ok. I think that you said was a new card. thanks.

assia said:
This seasons greatings card is relly not nice. They could have posed with Lady Louise instead ogf kind of inserting her with summer clothes inside their picture.

Is that what they have done, I had no idea from the picture in post 101.:)

Skydragon said:
Is that what they have done, I had no idea from the picture in post 101.:)
Claire doesn't say it is the Wessex Christmas Card in her post (#101). It is obviously a mock-up.

you're right, the christmas card 2005 was a photo take in canada, when the arl and the countess was in official visit.

Happy Birthday, Sophie , who is celebrating her 41st Birthday today.
Edward and Sophie are currently in Palm Beach, Florida to attend events for the International Award Association. Edward will also be awarded with an International Humanitarian Award tomorrow for services to the world's youth by Orbis International.

British royals visit to share gift of vision

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

The evening was fit for a king, but since kings are in short supply, Palm Beachers welcomed a prince — His Royal Highness Edward and his wife, Sophie, at Saturday's ORBIS Global Ball.

The ball — an event that made guest Lilly Pulitzer exclaim "This is Palm Beach the way it used to be!" — was held in a hangar at Palm Beach International Airport to show off the organization's DC-10 flying hospital and classroom which visits 60 countries a year to provide vision care.

The royal couple, officially called the Earl and Countess of Wessex, arrived Thursday by commercial jet with a small entourage, including Edward's private secretary and personal attendants for both Edward and Sophie.

Just like the old days when their relatives the Duke and Duchess of Windsor hit town, they stayed at The Colony hotel. They relaxed most of Friday and then attended a reception at the home of gala chairman Audrey Gruss for 20 guests who contributed at least $25,000 each to the event.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/accent/epaper/2006/01/25/a1e_ROYAL_VISIT_0125.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=2

http://www.nysocialdiary.com/partypictures/2006/01_25_06/partypictures01_25_06.php

Go to this link and you can read about their trip to Palm Beach. For those if you not aware, Palm Beach is the last bastion of real high society in the United States...where the old money and aristocratic families rule if in name only and where new money can only go so far.

The party they attended was co-hosted by Dame Celia Lipton Farris, who is British by birth, and hosted along with Tom Quick at his home.

I am sure their Royal Highnesses had a wonderful time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom