Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 9: November 2005-March 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earl and Countess of Wessex attend Prince Albert's enthronement and opera and Sophie looks very lovely outfits at opera and she had new order and new tiara also.if you would post pictures?

Sara Boyce

I really, really like the way the Countess of Wessex looked at the Gala in Monaco. The dress is soo lovely and flattering for her body and paired with elegant make up and the new jewels that she's wearing (at least new for her) she really looks great.:)

I will forgive her for committing the crime of wearing that horrible read dress.:p

Sophie looks great..well..with the exception of those stockings with that suit at the church ceremony. Her evening dresses are delightful...and the tiara...is it from the Queen's collection or a totally new one?

Zonk1189 said:
...and the tiara...is it from the Queen's collection or a totally new one?
We don't know and they aren't telling. :confused:

LOVE the white lace gala dress. She looks so elegant and modern. :)

Earl And Countess Of Wessex

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW IS EDWARD ALLOWED TO WEAR A MILITARY OUTFIT, WHEN HE DROPED OUT?:confused:

His Royal Highness holds the following military appointments:
Royal Honorary Colonel Royal Wessex Yeomanry (2003, UK);
Colonel in Chief Saskatchewan Dragoons (2003, Canada);
Colonel in Chief Hastings and Prince Edward Regiment (2002, Canada).

The British Royal family showed class in sending Edward and Sophie. What marvelous representatives of Britain. They looked impeccable. Sophie is stunning--what a treasure for England!

The Duke of Gloucester also wears uniforms at official events even though he was never part of the military. As zeap says, they can do it because of honourary appointments.

The Gail

WELL DONE COUNTESS, WELL DONE!!!! I WAS LOOKING AT THE GAIL THAT ANGELINA JOLIE HAD ON ALSO AND IT LOOKS A LITTLE BIT LIKE THE COUNTESS, BUT ANGELINA JOLIE HAD ON A GOLD GAIL AND HER RIBBION WAS LONG IN FRONT. YOU CAN GO TO GETTY AND SEARCH FOR ANGELINA JOLIE RECENT SEARCH.:confused:

Glorious Countess! HRH looked both elegant and beautiful in both outfits! The gala outfit was stunning and her suit looked wonderful. Thank you Sophie

What tiara was that purple_platinum?

BeatrixFan said:
What tiara was that purple_platinum?

i don't know what tiara she wore in monaco is called but there seems to be a discussion on monaco's enthronement thread... i think... :confused: :eek:

Re:

I've never really warmed to Sophie but I'm starting to like her more and more. She does look really regal in the above two pics (from Corbis). I agree Claire - thats a brilliant shot of her.

Does anyone have an info on this tiara? Is this from the colleciton or a new one? Sophie looks fantastic!

Zonk1189 said:
Does anyone have an info on this tiara? Is this from the colleciton or a new one? Sophie looks fantastic!
We assume it is aquamarine and diamonds, but that's it. Speculation has it that Prince Philip received his mother's aquamarine parure; this has been passed to the Earl and Countess of Wessex; the parure is being broken up and reset/remodelled.

But we don't actually know anything apart from the fact Sophie has been photographed wearing a tiara that until now hasn't been seen in public.

Warren said:
We assume it is aquamarine and diamonds, but that's it. Speculation has it that Prince Philip received his mother's aquamarine parure; this has been passed to the Earl and Countess of Wessex; the parure is being broken up and reset/remodelled.

But we don't actually know anything apart from the fact Sophie has been photographed wearing a tiara that until now hasn't been seen in public.

Thanks for the info Warren. Its a beautiful tiara. Simple and elegant.

corazon said:
The spanish newspaper DIEZ MINUTOS said sophie is expenting a baby for april.
Let's not get involved in yet another round of "Baby for Sophie" speculation until we have something more reliable than Spanish newspaper gossip.

Warren
British Forums Moderator

I really like Sophie's new tiara. It has an exotic look.

Is Sophie wearing a sash of an order? I don't like where its placed-right under her bosom.

BeatrixFan said:
http://imageshack.us

http://imageshack.us

I've never really warmed to Sophie but I'm starting to like her more and more. She does look really regal in the above two pics (from Corbis). I agree Claire - thats a brilliant shot of her.
Poor thing has matronly upper arms and Edward looks GHOSTLY.

Last edited by a moderator:
A second on the lips forever on the hips, Sophie!
attachment.php
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=212240&d=1131698194

I think HRH has a bit more class than Britney Spears. The Countess looks wonderful in the red dress. It was such a brave choice of outfit and she looks stunning! Well done Countess

Must say I thought she looked fab in Monaco,
but I dont like her in the red dress, ( love the colour but not the actual dress on her)

I think the Countess looked wonderful in the dress and tiara she wore for the Gala even. The dress was very elegant and suited her very much. But I just hated the hat she wore for the enthonement ceremony. It was terrible. Looked like a nest, for my taste. And I didn't like the red dress as well. It was too simple and lacked certain elegance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom