Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 8: August-November 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if Sophie was pregnant and didn't want the public to know yet she might have worn a more loose-fitting outfit. Either she has gained a small amount of weight, which is ok, or there is some good news for all of us to enjoy as the year progresses.

Photos from lastest engagements

Hi,

Here are some photos from recent engagements that the Earl and Countess of Wessex have undertaken.

Copywrite: Getty, Corbis and the BBC.

stcat.jpg
toyota.jpg
stanne1.jpg

stanne.jpg
darwin.jpg
ashgate.jpg

1. Sophie at St. Catherine's Hospice
2. Edward at Toyota Plant handing at Queen's Award
3.Edward at St. Anne's Junior and Infant School
4.Edward opening Queen's Park
5. Sophie opening Darwin Centre
6. Edward opening Ashgate hospice's new wing

Sophie looks tired and kind of dull (her face, I mean).

By the help of rchainho, i got an opportunity to see pics of Royals but rarely being in other photo agencies, i would like to thank you so much to rchainho for her great help to us of these wonderful images, and the photo websites she helped us, thank you so much rchainho.
Here is pictures from UkPress:
The Countess of Wessex, Patron, the Craft Guild of Chefs, this afternoon attended the Restaurant Show at Olympia, Hammersmith Road, London W14 on Wednesday 21st September:

Attachments

• Wessex_Restaurant_Show_4-UK.jpg
    Wessex_Restaurant_Show_4-UK.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 256
  • Wessex_Restaurant_Show_5-UK.jpg
    Wessex_Restaurant_Show_5-UK.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 192
  • Wessex_Restaurant_Show_8-UK.jpg
    Wessex_Restaurant_Show_8-UK.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 255
  • Wessex_Restaurant_Show_9-UK.jpg
    Wessex_Restaurant_Show_9-UK.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 180
  • Wessex_Restaurant_Show_1-UK.jpg
    Wessex_Restaurant_Show_1-UK.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
Emily said:
Does anyone know who the woman is with Sophie in picture 4? Is that the former Catrina Skepper, once Prince Andrew's girlfriend and now married to an Italian Count?
I think you're right.

I think Sophie looks wonderful in these pics.She seems very slim in her face...I hope she is over the death of her mother

Here are some new photos from Royal Insight:

liv said:
I think Sophie looks wonderful in these pics.She seems very slim in her face...I hope she is over the death of her mother

Attachments

• Insight_sep05_gallery_lake1_large.jpg
    Insight_sep05_gallery_lake1_large.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 285
  • Insight_sep05_oa_lee2_large.jpg
    Insight_sep05_oa_lee2_large.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 230
  • Insight_sep05_oa_lee3_large.jpg
    Insight_sep05_oa_lee3_large.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 181
  • Insight_sep05_oa_lee4_large.jpg
    Insight_sep05_oa_lee4_large.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 199
Yes,she looks absolutely great. I must say that I don´t believe those pregnancy rumours I´m afraid.

Sophie Wessex arrives at the Traveller's Club on Pall Mall making her first public appearance since the death of her mother. 19/09/05 Picture William Wintercross
Source: national pictures/topfoto

Attachments

• nn0020194.jpg
    nn0020194.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 297
  • nn0020196.jpg
    nn0020196.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 307
Sophie does not look pregnant in those photos.

tiaraprin said:
Sophie does not look pregnant in those photos.

No she doesn't. Nor did she at the Restaurant Show at Olympia.

It's unfortunate that just because a woman is not stick thin or anorexic looking that people immediately jump to the conclusion that she is pregnant.

Those pictures from the summer when people thought Sophie was pregnant, it turns out it was just a loose top. Or when she attended her mother's memorial service and was holding her wrap around her middle and people thought she was "hiding" her belly, turns out again that she was just clutching it from the wind.

And welcome back Tiaraprin? I read in another thread from Friday that you were bowing out of here so that you wouldn't be blamed for Camilla/Diana fights and low and behold here you are! Guess you just couldn't resist the forum huh? ;)

At first i really wanted to believe that she was pregnant but i dont believe it anymore. Imagine how much it must hurt to hear rumours that your pregnant when you really want to be. I hope she could have another child but she isnt pregnant.

The Earl of Wessex at the International Gold Event in Hong Kong on Sept 25, 2005. HRH the Earl of Wessex went to Hong Kong in this period to chair the Youth Forum and the IC Meeting.

Attachments

• 26ma21.jpg
    26ma21.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 191
  • 26ma20.jpg
    26ma20.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 210
corazon said:
Sophie Wessex arrives at the Traveller's Club on Pall Mall making her first public appearance since the death of her mother. 19/09/05 Picture William Wintercross
Source: national pictures/topfoto
It seems so strange, i think Sophie does not look anything pregnant on those photos, corazon, now i can sure that the press just made up things, and at her mother's Memorial Service was just cause of the windy.:(

lady_windsor said:
At first i really wanted to believe that she was pregnant but i dont believe it anymore. Imagine how much it must hurt to hear rumours that your pregnant when you really want to be. I hope she could have another child but she isnt pregnant.

My heart goes out to Sophie. She doesn't need all these rumors about something that is so near and dear to her when her Mother passes away from Cancer. How she is coping with it all, I do not know. I will bet that Louise is the apple of her Mother's eye and keeps Sophie grounded.

Alexandria said:
A few more images from Edward, Sophie and Louise's Tuscan holiday earlier this summer.
See Alexandrias's post #119 below.

can't say that she looks pregnant in any of these photos. if you compared me and sophie...now I look pregnant...LOL>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we should hope for Sophie but say nothing more on the subject until they announce something.

There are some new photos from Getty Image

iowabelle said:
I think we should hope for Sophie but say nothing more on the subject until they announce something.

Attachments

• 55826563.jpg
    55826563.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 209
  • 55826565.jpg
    55826565.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 159
  • 55826568.jpg
    55826568.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 204
  • 55826571.jpg
    55826571.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 192
She looks pregnant in some pictures, others no. But, she could have had a miscarriage and she is deeling with it privatly. She has been under a lot of stress and grief. Lets not speculate if she is pregnant.

Sophie brings comfort to worried mums

From hellomagazine.com

Sophie Wessex has offered some heartfelt encouragement to a group of new mums at Great Ormond Street hospital. The Countess, who collapsed at her home in November 2003 before giving birth to daughter Louise four weeks early, shared the experience with other mothers who had undergone the trauma of an emergency caesarean.

"It was just a blur," she revealed. "I didn't see her for the first few days." The 40-year-old, who nearly lost her life giving birth to Lady Louise, took time to speak individually with many of the women who are facing the same worries and uncertainty she went through two years ago.

Chatting with Naomi Hickton, whose daughter Millie was born eight weeks premature, reminded the royal visitor of the distress she felt upon seeing her own little girl fighting for her life in an incubator. "It's quite frightening when you can't see them for the wires," she recalled. "But they grow bigger before you know it and you forget they were like this."

She also identified with Naomi's sense of bewilderment at seeing her baby hooked up to all sorts of machines and monitors. "You hear 'beep-beep-beep' and you think 'What on earth is that?'," she said. After the meeting Ms Hickton said she had taken some comfort from her royal encounter. "The Countess told me that Millie is actually only an ounce under what Louise was when she came home," revealed the 40-year-old.

Prince Edward's pretty wife was visiting the neo-natal unit to unveil a new statue of Neverland's Tinkerbell which has been added to the facility's well-known sculpture of Peter Pan. And the fairytale character wasn't the only little charmer who caught her attention, as six-month-old Jaya Gill seemed rather reluctant to let go of her VIP guest's finger.

1.The Earl of Wessex watches members of the Air Training Corps participate in The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme during a visit to the Devon and Somerset Wing Air Training Corps with The Countess of Wessex, 20 September 2005.
2.The Countess of Wessex visits the Keech Cottage Children's Hospice near Luton, 26 September 2005. The hospice is run by the Pasque Charity which cares for terminally ill adults. The Countess's visit marked the children's hospice's fifth anniversary.

Last edited by a moderator:
More pictures from Great Ormond Street hospital visit from UkPress(Thanks lots to rchainho for those wonderful pictures):
Sophie absolutely looks so lovely and elegant:

Attachments

• Wessex_GOSH_1-UKP.jpg
    Wessex_GOSH_1-UKP.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 260
  • Wessex_GOSH_2-UKP.jpg
    Wessex_GOSH_2-UKP.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 235
  • Wessex_GOSH_3-UKP.jpg
    Wessex_GOSH_3-UKP.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 203
  • Wessex_GOSH_8-UKP.jpg
    Wessex_GOSH_8-UKP.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 240
  • Wessex_GOSH_9-UKP.jpg
    Wessex_GOSH_9-UKP.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 217
  • Wessex_GOSH_10-UKP.jpg
    Wessex_GOSH_10-UKP.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
It's nice of Sophie to share her experiences with the new mothers. I think she looks fantastic in that outfit.

Isn't that the jacket that went with her satellite hat?

It was interesting to read her comments about the emergency with Louise and the encouragement she gave to the other mothers.

Sophie's Coat of Arms

This is a very strange coincidence. I asked for this exact information from the Royal College of Arms and low and behold it appears on the Royal Family Website.

Here is the rest of the information.

Prior to the marriage of Sophie Rhys-Jones to Prince Edward, the bride's father, Mr Christopher Rhys Jones, agreed a new Coat of Arms for his daughter which would celebrate the Welsh heritage of the family.

Mr. Peter Gwynn-Jones, Garter Principal of Arms, who is the senior herald and responsible for Royal heraldry, said:

"In designing this coat, we wanted to include the lion which was attributed to the Welsh hero, Elystan Glodrydd, from whom the Rhys-Jones family claims descent.

"In order to achieve a coat that was both unique and simple in design, the lion was encircled by an orle, or frame, and placed on a partly coloured field. The Grant also includes a Crest consisting of a blue demi lion with a golden cross crosslet in its mouth.
"This incorporates the design used by the Rhys-Jones family over the years with the addition of the cross crosslet taken from the family crest of the family of Viscount Molesworth of which Christopher Rhys-Jones' mother was a member."

The motto is a well-known Welsh proverb which means: "Hateful the man who loves not the country that nurtures him."

Subsequently these Arms were joined with those of The Earl of Wessex, which consist of the Royal arms with a white, three-pointed 'label' depicting a Tudor rose and with Supporters (figures placed on either side of the shield depicted holding it up) granted to the Countess.

These Supporters consist of the lion Supporter of His Royal Highness and a wyvern, an heraldic beast which has long been associated with Wessex.

Attachments

• Insight_oct05_mailbox_crest_large.jpg
    Insight_oct05_mailbox_crest_large.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 216
Sophie's mother's name was Mary O'Sullivan and HER parents were both Irish so an Irish reference in the Coat of Arms would also have been nice, especially as this link is more immediate than the Welsh one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom