Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 8: August-November 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it really warming to see Royals so openly affectionate and caring of their children, as seen with Sophie and Edward above on holidays. Also I have taken a real liking to the secondary royals, ie: those who are not King/Queen Cprince/Cprincess, but the second or third on line, I think they enjoy the priveliges of royals, yet are allowed to live relatively normal lives, Like Edward and Sophie, Constatine and Laurantien, Princess Margriet's son's, Princess Claire, and alas JOachim and Alexandra.

On Saturday The Earl and The Countess had an engagement in Windsor, actually a Reception to celebrate the 200th Anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar,have anyone seen pics yet?It's really long time, we don't see the Countess.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex will visit the Shetland islands, 7-8 September 2005
The Earl and Countess of Wessex will visit local businesses and community buildings during a two-day visit to Shetland on 7 and 8 September 2005.
From The British Royal Website:http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page4386.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
The engagement was in Bagshot Park, a dinner given by themselves.There are hardly pictures of dinners and bankets.
But tomorrow we'll see the Earl and Countess on the Shetland Islands and I guess then we'll finally know if the pregnancy rumors are true or not.

It's sad but I am now nearly 100 percent sure that Sophie isn't pregnant. Buck House would have issued a statement since the summer pause of the Earl and Countess is over today and we would have heard or seen sth of them on the shetland islands if Sophie was pregnant.
Must have been hard for them to hear she is pregnant but in reality she isn't.

I still thik she is pregnant. Either that or she needs to phone Fergie and order something off the Weight Watcher's menu!

Do we have pictures of their visit?

It wouldn't be unusual if Sophie has picked up a little weight. Remember, she just came off holiday (Italy, Scotland and wherever), plus she was spending time with her mother in the hospital, and who knows what she was eating then, it probably wasn't her greatest concern. Having a parent die is likely to stress anyone out.

Give Sophie a break on the weight issue!

iowabelle said:
It wouldn't be unusual if Sophie has picked up a little weight. Remember, she just came off holiday (Italy, Scotland and wherever), plus she was spending time with her mother in the hospital, and who knows what she was eating then, it probably wasn't her greatest concern. Having a parent die is likely to stress anyone out.

Give Sophie a break on the weight issue!

i agree it

she still grieve by her mother but i think she would like to have another baby after her mother's death for couples weeks or months im not sure we have wait and see what happened of Sophie's pregnant annoucement from Buckingham Palace first

Sara Boyce

Aren´t there pics of their visit?

there aren´t any new pics of them?i´m a little bit worried because I haven´t seen a picture of Sophie for quite a long time...

liv said:
there aren´t any new pics of them?i´m a little bit worried because I haven´t seen a picture of Sophie for quite a long time...

Sophie needs some time to cope with the loss of her mother. She should have a break from public duties to attend to herself and her family at this tragic event. Give her a little time, she will reappear.

Yes I agree,she should have the time she need but when you look at her engagement calendar she had and has engagements...

It wasn't just the Mirror that reported on Sophie's alleged pregnancy.
Even if Sophie is pregnant no announcment will be made until she has grieved for her mother.
It would be inappropriate to announce it so soon after her mother's death.

I agree. It would be inapproiate to annouce a pregnancy right after Sophie lost her mother. I still think she and Edward are expecting though. Time will tell.

I hope they are expecting. I think it may help in Sophie's healing process.

Friday, 16th September 2005

The Countess of Wessex Honorary Fellow, will NOT NOW attend the Fellows' Admission Ceremony, Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists, 27 Sussex Place, Regent's Park, London NW1.

Hmmm that's odd, maybe she doesn't want the doctors to see that baby bump, eh?

I think she won't attend that ceremony because of the mourning service for her mother which is held today.

Japy28 said:
I think she won't attend that ceremony because of the mourning service for her mother which is held today.

I feel so bad for Sophie.:( :(

I thought they would wear blach,here are the pics:

Attachments

• 978597.jpg
    978597.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 359
  • fjhzfj.jpg
    fjhzfj.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 401
  • guk.jpg
    guk.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 424
zeap said:
Friday, 16th September 2005

The Countess of Wessex Honorary Fellow, will NOT NOW attend the Fellows' Admission Ceremony, Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists, 27 Sussex Place, Regent's Park, London NW1.

Hmmm that's odd, maybe she doesn't want the doctors to see that baby bump, eh?

how long she mourning of her mother? and she will ahead of her engagement?

Sara Boyce

liv said:
I thought they would wear blach,here are the pics:

both dont bring daughter!

Sara Boyce

I'm completely convinced

I don't think anyone can disagree with the pregnancy fact now. Look at the way she is trying to shield her tummy... In the photo of her and her father, you can see the bulge, and it isn't from being chubby- that's a baby bump!!:)

countess of wessex

yes the countess is going to have a baby!!! look at her breast!!! that is the first thing that you can tell if a woman is going to have a baby.;)

Whatever you're seeing, I'm missing.

But I'm puzzled by the choice of dress to wear to a memorial service. That's a fair amount of cleavage (but maybe the English like that. I notice from the Trini and Susannah show, What Not to Wear, that they advise women to display more skin than I like. I live in a climate that's usually cold and I couldn't bare to be so bare!).

iowabelle said:
Whatever you're seeing, I'm missing.

But I'm puzzled by the choice of dress to wear to a memorial service. That's a fair amount of cleavage (but maybe the English like that. I notice from the Trini and Susannah show, What Not to Wear, that they advise women to display more skin than I like. I live in a climate that's usually cold and I couldn't bare to be so bare!).

I thought that about Sophie's choice of dress, too iowabelle. I noticed the cleavage, too. For any other occasion I wouldn't have cared. But for a memorial service for her mom, I thought it a bit much. A jacket with that dress would make it more appropriate. A suit (jacket with pants or a skirt) would've been better as both Edward and her father are in suits.

I don't see the pregnancy thing either. I don't think she's intentionally covering up her belly with the wrap and her hands in front of it. It seems obvious that it's a windy day and that is a natural place (around her belly) to clutch her wrap as that's where the ends of it are. Today I am wearing my pashmina and I found myself clutching it round that area and I am by no means pregnant! ;)

I think it would be nice if Sophie and Edward were to have another child, but "seeing" that she is pregnant through various "signs" doesn't make her so. When the time is right, if Sophie is pregnant, then it will be announced.

Her mom is reported to have asked for no mourning. Maybe she made a comment that she liked that dress or something. Is there any picture of what Zara (Sophie's sister in law) wore ?

Oppie said:
Her mom is reported to have asked for no mourning. Maybe she made a comment that she liked that dress or something. Is there any picture of what Zara (Sophie's sister in law) wore ?
Is Zara Sophies siter in law? Isn't she there niece?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom