Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 8: August-November 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My deepest sympathies to Sophie, Edward and their families at this sad time. :(

Emily said:
What a cheap shot on the part of the press. The loss of a mother is devastating for many people and to goad Sophie and Edward at this sensitive time is awful.
My thoughts exactly.

Yorks nanny's royal appointment

NANNY Claire Verity has worked for the stars.

Fathers Mick Jagger, Sting and Dire Straits singer Mark Knopfler have all hired the 'no-nonsense' nurse to look after their tiny VIPs, according to her agent.
So when it came to the birth of a Royal babe, it would seem the 39-year-old from Harrogate was naturally the Number One choice.

The York university-trained maternity nurse will be on beck-and-call to Prince Edward and Sophie Wessex's second child, if she is to accept the privileged post.

To take on the prominent post Claire will be expected to move into the couple's Surrey mansion Bagshot Park for at least the first eight months of the baby's precious new life.

http://www.leedstoday.net/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=39&ArticleID=1119186

If the Countess is pregnant, how very sad that she lost her mother during the pregnancy. At 71, Mrs Rhys-Jones was easily young enough to have lived quite a lot longer.

And colon cancer is such a preventable disease, if people would only get themselves screened starting at age 50.

When will be the funeral?

corazon said:
When will be the funeral?

i read articles says its would be private funeral for Countess of Wessex's mother and her family,friends also but its not says on date! we have wait and see!

Sara Boyce

Was this announced by Buckingham Palace?Is this usual?

I´m with Sophie and hope that she will find comfort....

liv said:
Was this announced by Buckingham Palace?Is this usual?

It was confirmed by BP through Sophie and Edward's personal secretary after it had already been reported. I presume the other news agencies wanted to confirm the news before printing it themselves. Althoughwise saying no statement was released.

Claire said:
It was confirmed by BP through Sophie and Edward's personal secretary after it had already been reported. I presume the other news agencies wanted to confirm the news before printing it themselves. Althoughwise saying no statement was released.

What was confirmed by BP? I'm confused. :(

Iowabelle - Someone had questioned whether it was normal procedure for BP to confirm the death of Sophie's mother. It was suggested that other news agencies wanted some "official" confirmation before announcing the news and that, that is why BP issued the statement.

Elspeth said:
If the Countess is pregnant, how very sad that she lost her mother during the pregnancy. At 71, Mrs Rhys-Jones was easily young enough to have lived quite a lot longer.

And colon cancer is such a preventable disease, if people would only get themselves screened starting at age 50.

I am frightened that if Sophie is indeed pregnant, this could cause a miscarriage. I wish the press would leave her alone!! She has too much to bear right now. I wish the Queen could meet with the press and tell them to back off for now like she did do for Diana in the beginning.

tiaraprin said:
I am frightened that if Sophie is indeed pregnant, this could cause a miscarriage. I wish the press would leave her alone!! She has too much to bear right now. I wish the Queen could meet with the press and tell them to back off for now like she did do for Diana in the beginning.

The press was crazy with Diana in 1982 because she was pregnant with the future king. Sophie (pregnant or not) lost her mother, are very diferent cases.
I no saw one sophie's photo later her morthe die, but diana no have a only day without the press in 1982.

I have just come back from my school camp trip,and i felt really upset when hearing Sophie's mother had passed away,it's really sad, Mrs Mary seems a really elegant and sweet lady,but now she has left us....
My prays for Sophie, Christopher, David, Louise, and the rest of the family,wish all the bests for them in those times.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
I have just come back from my school camp trip,and i felt really upset when hearing Sophie's mother had passed away,it's really sad, Mrs Mary seems a really elegant and sweet lady,but now she has left us....
My prays for Sophie, Christopher, David, Louise, and the rest of the family,wish all the bests for them in those times.

I bet there won't be any "tell-alls" about Mary's comments about the Royal Family. She seems to have been a very discreet, low-key kind of woman. I am sure her family will miss her very much.

I find this photos in COVER, sophie really look pregnant in the last holidays.

Attachments

• sop y ed1.JPG
    sop y ed1.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 4,352
  • sop y ed2.JPG
    sop y ed2.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 780
  • sop y lou.JPG
    sop y lou.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 488
corazon said:
I find this photos in COVER, sophie really look pregnant in the last holidays.
Thanks for the pictures,corazon.Louise is so cute.I also think that Sophie is pregnant just because the Palace has not announced yet, also these hard time for Sophie when her beloved mother had passed away,i don't think they will announce yet to avoid the press following Sophie and give her more time to get over these hard time.But i really hope she is pregnant to full fill her long time hope,wish all the best wishes for her,Edward, Louise these times.

one more photo.
Source: COVER

Attachments

• ed y lou.JPG
    ed y lou.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 472
The Daily Telegraph has published the details of Mrs Rhys-Jones' in the obituaries.
Mrs. Mary Rhys-Jones is to have a private cremation, followed by a service
of thanksgiving on Friday, 16 September at St George's Church,
Benenden, Kent at 11.30 a.m. The Daily Telegraph announcement specifies
_no mourning_.

I don't know when this was published, but I guess that Mrs. Rhys-Jones has already been cremated, possibly yesterday. The short service was to be attended by family and close friends.

Photo: Mary Rhys- Jones at Ascot 2004 (The Daily Telegraph)

Attachments

• maryrjascot.jpg
    maryrjascot.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 748
Last edited:

HRH The Countess of Wessex is to be invested as a dame in the Order of the Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem on the 1st of November at Kensington Palace, London. If you want further information at the Order : http://www.saintjohn.org/

Claire said:

HRH The Countess of Wessex is to be invested as a dame in the Order of the Hospital of St. John of Jerusalem on the 1st of November at Kensington Palace, London. If you want further information at the Order : http://www.saintjohn.org/

I would like to congratulate Sophie on being chosen to receive this honor. I know it cannot make up for the death of her mother, but maybe it could give her a little happiness. Good Show Sophie!

A nice gesture.In the picture above Mary Rhys-Jones is wearing Sophie´s hat.Here´s the prove:

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 281
Yes PHOTO FAN, she is lady louise.
So sad for Sophie & family. But good for her for receiving the honor.

does anybody have more photos of cutie little lady louise?

I'd love to see some more... :)

countess of Wessex's mother

I recently read the sad news of Sophie's mothers passing away. Does anyone have pictures of her? or any knowledge, was she sick? Is there an address anyone can send condolences?:(

Mrs Rhys-Jones died of Colon Cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom