The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 06:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Edward looks like a 50/50 split between his Mother and Father.

Old 09-25-2006, 07:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
Sophie looks great in red, but that unflattering sheer dress does nothing for her. It needs to be burned!
I agree. The sheer panel just don't offer any support in the midriff. It's quite obvious in the photo with Prince Albert greeting her.

Old 09-29-2006, 11:25 AM
Nobility

In october the Earl and Countess go to South Africa and in november Canada hopefully we will get to see some pictures.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:09 AM
Courtier

I think Sophie will be going solo in November to Canada. The visit seems to concentrate on Sophie's charities, especially those in Toronto.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Earl and Countess of Wessex visit to Kenya,South Africa Oct.7 to October 25,2006

i read Earl and Countess of Wessexes's websites says the couples will gone to Africa on October 7-25 for visit include Duke of Edinburgh's awards and lots of mores.

Prince Edward will gone on October 7th and Countess of Wessex will be there also meet him but im not sure will bring their daughter or not they will staying with nanny at home.

please post pictures of Wessexes couples in Kenya and South Africa also
Old 10-05-2006, 07:04 PM
Aristocracy

Earl of Wessex to visit Africa
Old 10-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have always really liked Sophie but I have to agree that whatever advise she is getting about her wardrobe it is not the best and I am afraid that she is looking extremely matronly.IMO. The clothes she wore in Canada were just badly fitting especially the cream suit all in all not good and I do think she should dispose of that dreadful red sheer thing HORRID.I am really diappointed in her choices because I like her a great deal.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Nobility

I have to agree her clothes and fashion sense are not great. She needs help she could dress more stylish and more her age. Maybe if she used well known designers that would help.
Old 10-08-2006, 03:30 AM
Aristocracy

hats

where are the hats???? i miss the days of diana and fergie wearing there hats when the went overseas.
Old 10-08-2006, 01:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Edward starts Africa tour in drought zone

LODWAR, Kenya (Reuters) - Prince Edward began a four-nation tour of Africa on Sunday with a visit to a spectacular but neglected corner of Kenya where drought has decimated livestock and caused widespread hunger.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/08102006/32...ught-zone.html

The following is shown on the Royal Family website.

Saturday, 7th October
The Earl of Wessex will visit Kenya until 10th October.

Sunday, 8th October
The Earl of Wessex will attend the British Council Reception at the British High Commission, Nairobi, Kenya; will visit the International Rescue Service Water Project, Turkana, Kenya; will visit Merlin Stabilisation Centre, Lodwar, Turkana, Kenya; and will visit Primary School, Lodwar, Turkana, Kenya.

Monday, 9th October
The Earl of Wessex, Trustee of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award International Association, will attend a youth event, at Kenya Commercial Bank Centre, Nairobi, Kenya; will attend a lunch given by the President of Kenya, Nairobi, Kenya; will attend the launch of International Gold Encounter Kenya 2008, Nairobi, Kenya; will attend the President's Award Board Meeting, Nairobi, Kenya; and will attend a reception and dinner at the Intercontinental Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya.

Tuesday, 10th October
The Earl of Wessex will travel to the Seychelles. As Trustee of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award International Association, His Royal Highness will attend a Gold Award Ceremony at State House, Mahe Island, Seychelles, and will attend a youth event at the Police Academyon Mahe Island. In the evening, His Royal Highness will attend a reception and dinner hosted by the British High Commissioner at Fisherman's Cove Hotel, Mahe Island.
http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page475.asp
Old 10-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

"Britain's Prince Edward visits the Lodwar hospital 08, October 2006 where he met drought victims at the start of a four-nation tour of Africa. Queen Elizabeth's youngest son visited UK-funded schools, hospitals and water projects around Lodwar in Turkana district 510 kilometres northwest of Nairobi. /TONY KARUMBA/POOL"

(profimedia)
Old 10-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Britain's Prince Edward talks with Kenya's Turkana folk at the beginning of a four-nation tour of Africa, October 8, 2006. Queen Elizabeth's youngest son visited British-funded schools, hospitals and water projects around Lodwar in Turkana district in north-west Kenya, which has been hard hit by this year's drought across Africa.

from Reuters
Old 10-09-2006, 07:23 AM
Heir Apparent

More images from terra

Old 10-09-2006, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

A pic from today: "President Mwai Kibaki poses with Prince Edward of Britain who called on him at 09 October 2006 at State House,Nairobi during his four-day nation tour of Africa. / PPS (PRESIDENTIAL PRESS SERVICE)"

(profimedia)
Old 10-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Edward lauds President’s Award scheme

Prince Edward of Britain has lauded the participation of Kenyan youth in the global President’s Award (PA) scheme.
Prince Edward, who is also the Earl of Wessex, expressed solidarity with the scheme, which incorporates young people, mostly volunteers.
"I support the PA idea in Kenya which is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year," he said.

Kibaki in talks with Prince Edward
President Kibaki and Prince Edward hold talks
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 10-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Its great to see the Earl bringing much needed attention to a terrible tragedy. And I can't wait to see Sophie later on in the week.

While reading an article about the Prince's visit, it disturbed me to hear him referred to a junior royal. Since when is the son of a Queen considered junior!
Old 10-09-2006, 08:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

When he has three elder siblings with children of their own, apparently.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:37 PM
Aristocracy

Edward promotes youth projects in Africa
Old 10-14-2006, 02:49 AM
Super Moderator

"Britain's Prince Edward (R) talks to Mauritius Prime Minister Navinchandra Ramgoolam in Port Louis October 12, 2006. Prince Edward is on a four-nation tour of Africa to promote the International Award for Young People"

(Reuters via Yahoo.com)
Old 10-15-2006, 01:46 PM
Courtier

Edward and Sophie's to South Africa is going great. A lot of people turned out to meet them, more than I expected actually. Edward and Sophie were both nice. I had met them before and well, knew that. Edward appeared tired and relieved that Sophie was with him. They still have a week almost of engagements left in South Africa before returning home.

I've noticed that Sophie will not be accompanying Edward to Antiqua at the end of the month. It has also be announced that Edward will be in America while Sophie is in Canada in November.

Tags
countess of wessex, earl of wessex, prince edward, sophie