Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 7: June-August 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for posting the original article, (I'm not able to quote directly who it was). I was uncertain about posting the article as I prefer to link directly to it, so that it is more than heresay.

It was me who posted the article, as I can now search the archives of the Sunday Mail for free cause I'm a member.
The problem is I only find articles when I know the exact date and a bit of the headline of the relevant article so thank you Claire for mentioning it.:)

Now I wanted to look for the photo of the christmas card of the Wessexes last year (I heard Louise, and the Queen and the DoE shall be on it).
Does anyone recall in which paper it was printed and does somebody know the headline? That would be great.

Not certain, I remember mentioning it as I was told about it in another forum. So I'll look around and get back to you. Thanks again. Maybe start looking in the columns, as often that information is in there.

JApy24, the date is 19 December 2004, I dont know the title.

I see others found it before me :) Yep. it was 19th December 2005 in the Mail on Sunday.

Britain's Prince Edward and his wife Sophie pose for photographers in Madeira island
Britain's Prince Edward and his wife Sophie pose for photographers after their arrival at the golf course Santo da Serra in the Portuguese Madeira island May 26, 2005. Prince Edward is on a private two days visit to Madeira island. REUTERS/Duarte Sa

Attachments

• madeira-2.jpg
    madeira-2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 344
  • madeira-1.jpg
    madeira-1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 357
Thanks Alexandria for the wonderful photos ... I want to go there!:)

I don't think the Earl and Countess of Wessex are attending the trooping of the colour. THey are not on the list of royals who are there that day.

It would be the first time that they won´t be there. On the site there has no member an engagement on June 11st but I think that the same royals will attend who attend usually

Oh, I hope so. They just say the Queen will be there. What would the trooping be if others of her family aren't there to support her?

Have you seen the last outfit that the Countess of Wessex wore in Canada? I think it must be the worst dress I have ever seen Sophie wear. Utter dreadful.

Which one do you mean? This one or the second one?

Attachments

• 43434.jpg
    43434.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 377
  • 435345345.jpg
    435345345.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 491
Although the choice of colours in the first picture is flattering to Canadians (red & white) ... I must admit, I haven't been really impressed by her choice of clothes either. They are not the most exciting clothes I have seen on her. And to top it off, she seems rather over dressed in the sense that on both days the temperature in Toronto was hovering around 30 degrees. I would be dropping of heat exhaustion if I was dressed like that!;)

COUNTESS SAILING IN KATIE NORMAN
KATIE.NORMAN@GRIMSBYTELEGRAPH.CO.UK

12:30 - 04 June 2005
Sophie, Countess of Wessex will visit Grimsby and Immingham next month.

The visits are part of a theme day which will see the Queen, the Countess and other members of the Royal Family visit various locations around the country to celebrate Britain's maritime community on Wednesday, July 20. The Countess will visit Grimsby, Immingham and Hull before joining the Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh and the Earl of Wessex at an evening reception with 500 maritime sector representatives at St James' Palace, London.

Precise details of locations due to be visited are expected to be revealed in July.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex previously visited Louth in January 2001. The last royal to visit Grimsby was the Prince of Wales in January last year.

David Pogson, a spokesman for Buckingham Palace, said the Countess was looking forward to the visit.

He said: "The ports of Grimsby, Immingham and the whole area are internationally renowned as a significant UK port complex.

"The Queen, the Countess and the whole of the Royal Family hope to meet people from many different areas of the maritime world.

"Their visits will include the RNLI, ship owners, trawler owners, people who work in food manufacturing areas and people who support those types of industries."

The event is part of a series of theme days hosted by the Queen in support of British culture and industry.

Previous themes have included British design, women, publishing, tourism, young achievers and pioneers.

Looking forward to the visit is coxswain of the RNLI Humber lifeboat, Grimsby-born Dave Steenvoorden, who has met the Prince of Wales and the Duke and Duchess of Kent.

He said: "Being a royalist, I think this is excellent. It is definitely morale boosting to meet them, especially in our job.

"They do take a genuine interest in the running and working of the RNLI. They have strong links with us."

In addition to the Countess' visit, the Queen will undertake engagements in Dover before the evening reception.

The Duke of Edinburgh, the Duke of York, the Earl of Wessex, the Princess Royal and the Duke of Kent will also visit locations throughout the UK.

Mr Pogson said: "The Queen likes the Royal Family to help support a particular type of industry on a particular day."

I just read that Edward and Sophie are to attend Royal Ascot (this year not in Ascot but in York) both Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday Camilla will be attending too so we very hardly get any pictures of them but Wednesday only Andrew,the Queen and the DoE attend as well so we might get a bunch of photos of them. I love Ascot.:)

Japy28 said:
I just read that Edward and Sophie are to attend Royal Ascot (this year not in Ascot but in York) both Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday Camilla will be attending too so we very hardly get any pictures of them but Wednesday only Andrew,the Queen and the DoE attend as well so we might get a bunch of photos of them. I love Ascot.:)

I like Royals Ascot

Sara Boyce

Sunday will be an interesting day for the Earl and Countess of Wessex. I must admit it's going to put a dent in Sophie's purse.
Sunday is father's day, so she'll have to get her dad something nice. She will have to get something for Edward as well and say its from Louise.
She will have to get something really nice for Edward, as she is expecting something very nice from him as Sunday is also the couple's 6th Wedding Anniversary.
She will have to get something nice for her father, Christopher Rhys-Jones,as well, as it is his 74th Birthday.

Claire said:
Sunday will be an interesting day for the Earl and Countess of Wessex. I must admit it's going to put a dent in Sophie's purse.
Sunday is father's day, so she'll have to get her dad something nice. She will have to get something for Edward as well and say its from Louise.
She will have to get something really nice for Edward, as she is expecting something very nice from him as Sunday is also the couple's 6th Wedding Anniversary.
She will have to get something nice for her father, Christopher Rhys-Jones,as well, as it is his 74th Birthday.

that great news for Couples but im sure the little Louise will have nice gifts for dad i hope so and plus Grandfather Rhys-Jones's birthday on same birthday and couples's anniversary on June 19.

Sara Boyce

sara1981 said:
that great news for Couples but im sure the little Louise will have nice gifts for dad i hope so and plus Grandfather Rhys-Jones's birthday on same birthday and couples's anniversary on June 19.

Sara Boyce

TTHE EARL AND COUNTESS OF WESSEX VISIT LILY HILL PARK IN BRACKNELL

Attachments

• 23659303.jpg
    23659303.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 388
  • 23659306.jpg
    23659306.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 343
  • 23659305.jpg
    23659305.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 361
  • 23659304.jpg
    23659304.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 360
  • 23659301.jpg
    23659301.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 372
  • 23659300.jpg
    23659300.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 353
  • 23659299.jpg
    23659299.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 350
  • 23659298.jpg
    23659298.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 390
  • 23659297.jpg
    23659297.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 400
gloria said:
TTHE EARL AND COUNTESS OF WESSEX VISIT LILY HILL PARK IN BRACKNELL

THE EARL AND COUNTESS OF WESSEX VISIT LILY HILL PARK IN BRACKNELL

Attachments

• 23659309.jpg
    23659309.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 363
  • 23659325.jpg
    23659325.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 382
  • 23659324.jpg
    23659324.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 340
  • 23659317.jpg
    23659317.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 365
  • 23659316.jpg
    23659316.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 363
  • 23659312.jpg
    23659312.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 347
  • 23659311.jpg
    23659311.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 349
  • 23659310.jpg
    23659310.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 366
  • 23659308.jpg
    23659308.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 383
What an incredibly unflattering outfit, it makes her look fat. I like her Ascot outfits, at least they didn't make her look big.

I just found this picture of the Countess with the York Princesses at the Funeral of the Queen Mother in April 2002:

Attachments

• UDW_019115I_17A.jpg
    UDW_019115I_17A.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 438
  • UGL_019116_0084.jpg
    UGL_019116_0084.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 406
Official portrait for Sophie Friday, 17 June 2005
sophie%20blue%20fishtail%20gown%20top%20half.jpg
PRINCE Edward's wife Sophie has begun sittings for her first official portrait.

The Countess of Wessex is colonel-in-chief of Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps, and it will hang in their Surrey HQ.

The Queen's favourite artist Richard Stone, who has painted many royals, has been given the commission.

Sophie, 40, has already posed several times at her Bagshot Park mansion in Surrey.

Stone said: "She is a very natural person and lovely to be with.

"We often chat during the sittings and I have found she is extremely interested in the arts."

Sophie is wearing an evening dress for the threequarter-length portrait, with an embroidered jacket.

By Nathan Yates 17 June 2005
Mirror

rchainho said:
Official portrait for Sophie Friday, 17 June 2005 PRINCE Edward's wife Sophie has begun sittings for her first official portrait.

The Countess of Wessex is colonel-in-chief of Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps, and it will hang in their Surrey HQ.

The Queen's favourite artist Richard Stone, who has painted many royals, has been given the commission.

Sophie, 40, has already posed several times at her Bagshot Park mansion in Surrey.

Stone said: "She is a very natural person and lovely to be with.

"We often chat during the sittings and I have found she is extremely interested in the arts."

Sophie is wearing an evening dress for the threequarter-length portrait, with an embroidered jacket.

By Nathan Yates 17 June 2005
Mirror

Great!Sophie's first Portrait,i think it would be a great one with a lovely Countess.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
My louise's wallpaper....
I found the article in daily mail on the Christmas card of wessesex, to see the card is necessary to be registered, somebody is member?.
the name of article is: Christmas yawns from the Wessexes
by Richard Kay - 24/12/2003

Attachments

• wallpaper de louise.JPG
    wallpaper de louise.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 434
Last edited:
Today is Edward and Sophie's 6th Wedding Anniversary.I wish them happy today,tomorrow and happy for their lovely and sweet marriage.

Happy Anniversary to couples Earl and Countess of Wessex on their 6th wedding anniversary both still good couples for years!

Sara Boyce

happy anniversary to the Earl and Countess of Wessex. wish them a lifetime of happiness.

florawindsor said:
happy anniversary to the Earl and Countess of Wessex. wish them a lifetime of happiness.

The Countess of Essex arrives at the ?In The Pink? charity party in aid of Breast Cancer Haven at Cadogan Hall on June 20, 2005 in London, England

Attachments

• 53108175.jpg
    53108175.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 283
  • 53108381.jpg
    53108381.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 360
  • 53108185.jpg
    53108185.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 286
  • 53108382.jpg
    53108382.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 355
:confused: :eek: countess please!!!! first the ugly hat now that ugly pink thing around your neck!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom