Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 6: March-June 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some are saying the couple would be expecting his second child? Did someone hear anything about it?

Nathalian said:
Oh my God! More pregnants!! What a baby boom on royalty!

It's just a rumour for the moment.

What?? Sophie is pregnant again?
Palace said something?

if its would be true! if Sophie wanted more chilren than ONE! wait and see from release from Palace what says or not!

Sara Boyce

elenaris said:
It has been a long time since pisctures have been released!!!
Louise is pretty much kept away from the spotlight, and has not been seen much since her birth.

To my knowledge, the last time she was seen was Christmas time when she appeared on the Queen's Christmas Broadcast on Christmas Day, then she was later photographed at a football match.

Danielane said:
Some are saying the couple would be expecting his second child? Did someone hear anything about it?
Wow, this is the first I've heard of this rumour.

It would be great if she were, and I hope she is, but I have a feeling she may not be; particularly with the problems with her first pregnancy, then the problems during Louise's birth.

It would be a coincidence if she were, particularly with the majority of the Royal Houses expecting new babies, so I wouldn't be in the least surprised! Who knows - I think we should wait for the anouncement first before speculating.

Yes,it would be so great if Sophie is pregnant again.And i really hope so.

Danielane said:
It's just a rumour for the moment.
The Countess is 40 years old already and after the difficulties of her first pregnancy and the difficulties of Louise's birth it's might be difficult for the Countess to have more.But if it 's true,it's really great for the British Royal family.I wish it comes true.

I would really love for Sophie to be pregnant again. But I doubt it. She is still on course to go to Canada and on Friday she walked from the Royal Mews to a function as traffic prevented her from going by car.
Sophie said herself that her and Edward will be having more children.
I have great sympathy for Sophie and the Japanese Princess (Can't rember her name) at times like this, when all other royal pregnanies are been announced and we all know how much both want more children. :(

I think we stand a good chance of seeing Louise in June or July. After the Trooping of the Colour and in July there is another royal balcony family gathering.
As far as I can gather Louise should be walking and babbling quite nicely by now. A week or so ago, when Prince Edward was asked how she was, he said that she was growing fast now.

Claire said:
I would really love for Sophie to be pregnant again. But I doubt it. She is still on course to go to Canada and on Friday she walked from the Royal Mews to a function as traffic prevented her from going by car.
Sophie said herself that her and Edward will be having more children.
I have great sympathy for Sophie and the Japanese Princess (Can't rember her name) at times like this, when all other royal pregnanies are been announced and we all know how much both want more children. :(
I'm the same as you Claire,i really hope that Sophie and Edward can have more baby.If Sophie has said that so it's great and it might be true.

Claire said:
I think we stand a good chance of seeing Louise in June or July. After the Trooping of the Colour and in July there is another royal balcony family gathering.
As far as I can gather Louise should be walking and babbling quite nicely by now. A week or so ago, when Prince Edward was asked how she was, he said that she was growing fast now.
I think if Louise appears she might be at Trooping the Colour like Princess Ingrid Alexandra at National Day.But i dont know if she appears on the July balcony.Because that's for events to commomerate the World War II,if Sophie and Edward wants Louise to be there?

It will come down to them, of course. But Louise is quite a big girl now, she 16 months old. That is old enough to be taken on to the balcony. Edward was taken on to the balcony at 3 weeks. And they really shouldn't be ashamed of her eye problem -hundreds of kids have the problem. They shouldn't be so damn protective of her, its making me insane.:D They should be proud parents - show her off, just a little.

I think Sophie has the most elegant taste in clothing. She always looks so smart.

Claire, I don't think they are ashamed of Louise. I believe I heard some time ago that there is a deliberate long-term strategy to shrink the extended royal family, shrinking it to the heirs to the throne (and their spouses of course).

Polls showed that people didn't want to pay for a large royal family. We know polls change all the time, nevertheless there is a definite trend showing this.

As a result, the children of Anne, Andrew and Edward are not getting HRH titles, or in the case of Anne and Edward even being called prince or princess.

I believe Edward and Sophie play an important role in representing the family, esp as his parents' age, and William and Harry are not old enough to step up their roles. But I think their children will be on the fringes of the royal family, without the automatic roles or responsibilites of William or Harry, or in due time William's children.

Having said all that, I think they may bring Louise for the Trooping the Colors balcony call - Prince Michael's kids were brought out for that, and they are really on the fringes of the royal family!

Sophie said she wanted more than one child in 2001 when she was having that PR scandal. Since Louise's birth, she hasn't said anything about wanting more children, and considering her two pregnancies and her age, I would doubt more kids will come.

ap3 said:
Claire, I don't think they are ashamed of Louise. I believe I heard some time ago that there is a deliberate long-term strategy to shrink the extended royal family, shrinking it to the heirs to the throne (and their spouses of course).

Polls showed that people didn't want to pay for a large royal family. We know polls change all the time, nevertheless there is a definite trend showing this.

As a result, the children of Anne, Andrew and Edward are not getting HRH titles, or in the case of Anne and Edward even being called prince or princess.

I believe Edward and Sophie play an important role in representing the family, esp as his parents' age, and William and Harry are not old enough to step up their roles. But I think their children will be on the fringes of the royal family, without the automatic roles or responsibilites of William or Harry, or in due time William's children.

Having said all that, I think they may bring Louise for the Trooping the Colors balcony call - Prince Michael's kids were brought out for that, and they are really on the fringes of the royal family!

Andrew's daughters, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, do have HRH titles becuase they are grnadchildren of the monarch through the male line. Anne's children are not a prince and princess because they are not grandchildren of the monarch through the male line, so the only grandchild that went against tradition was Louise.

I don't think they are ashmed of Louise.It is said that The Queen really loves Louise and spends lots time with Louise.I heard when Louise just born that because Edward and Sophie just want to choose for Louise as Lady rather than HRH or Princess.

Today,lots of engagements for Edward and Sophie:
The Earl of Wessex
Patron, British Paralympic Association, accompanied by The Countess of Wessex, will attend the Paralympic World Games, Basketball, Manchester.

The Earl of Wessex
Patron, British Paralympic Association, accompanied by The Countess of Wessex, will attend the Paralympic World Games, Cycling, at the National Cycling Centre, Manchester.

The Earl of Wessex
Patron, accompanied by The Countess of Wessex, will visit The Royal Exchange Theatre, Manchester.

The Earl of Wessex
Patron, British Paralympic Association, accompanied by The Countess of Wessex, will attend a Reception for the Paralympic World Games, Manchester Town Hall, Manchester.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex
will attend a performance of Peter Pan by the Northern Ballet Theatre Company at the Palace Theatre, Greater Manchester.

And Friday:
The Earl of Wessex
Patron, British Paralympic Association, accompanied by The Countess of Wessex, will attend the Paralympic World Games, Swimming, Manchester Aquatics Centre, Manchester.

Patron, British Paralympic Association, accompanied by The Countess of Wessex, will attend the Paralympic World Games, Basketball, at the Amechi Centre, Manchester.

will visit the William Hulme Grammer School, Manchester.

Here are some photos of Edward at the Twickenham Staduim opening. I've looked everywhere for photos of them at the Paralympic World Cup, or at the Northern Theatre, even at the schools they visited the last two days and there appears to be nothing. I need better photo links :)

Attachments

• 520210i.jpg
    520210i.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 519
  • 520210j.jpg
    520210j.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 518
  • 520210k.jpg
    520210k.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 517
  • 520210l.jpg
    520210l.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 516
  • 520210m.jpg
    520210m.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 514
I gotta say that I always thought this talk about Louise was rubbish but now I'm really worried. Here is a photo of Sophie and Edward with her brother David and his family at the windsor horse show. This wasn't a official engagement or anything like that- this was private. Now why didn't they bring Louise? Even Sophie's nephews were there!

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=52823199&cdi=0

What also bothers me is that ever since the wedding of C&C there are hardly any photos of the Earl and Countess of Wessex.

Last edited by a moderator:
No need to worry.
It is quite chilly in London at the moment I wouldn't bring a small child out either. And there could have been hundreds of reasons, why Louise wasn't there. Nap time, Granparents to play with. I could go on.

I love seeing Edward and Sophie been with the Rhys-Jones family, especially when they are attending events with the Royal Family. Like when the Queen invited Christopher and Mary Rhys-Jones to Ascot. Here we have David and Zara Rhys- Jones with their children Oliver and Harry, visiting their Aunty Sophie and Uncle Edward. I think it was Sarah, Duchess of York who said that you loose your family when you join the Royal Family, glad to see that Sophie still keeps very much in touch.
:)

Yes, I am afriad you are very much right about the press coverage.

Attachments

• 52823199.jpg
    52823199.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 240
  • ed2.jpg
    ed2.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 182
  • ed4.jpg
    ed4.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 202
  • ed3.jpg
    ed3.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 309
  • ed1.jpg
    ed1.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
With every passing month, it becomes less and less likely another child will be born. Sophie's already 40, and if another child isn't born within the next three years, I doubt there'll be a second one. A lot of doctors around the time of Louise's birth said they doubted she'd have anymore simply because of the risk, though she may still be able to have more. And given her first two pregnancies, they may be right.

A little comparation:

Princess beatrice in Royal Windsor Horse Show may 12, 1990.
Princess Eugenie in Royal Windsor Horse Show may 11, 1991.
almost the same age that has Louise now

Attachments

• bea1.JPG
    bea1.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 218
  • bea3.JPG
    bea3.JPG
    6.7 KB · Views: 170
  • bea4.JPG
    bea4.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 177
  • eug1.JPG
    eug1.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 192
You really can't compare like that. Sophie and Edward are not Sarah and Andrew, nor are they Diana and Charles. They do not have to follow the same timetable other royals follow. Yes, I would love to see more of Louise, but we cannot comment on Edward and Sophie's decisions when we don't even know what is going on.

Here are some photos of Edward and Sophie at the Surrey Youth Enterprise Awards. Source: Royal Insight

Attachments

• Insight_may05_gallery_ye2_large.jpg
    Insight_may05_gallery_ye2_large.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 231
  • Insight_may05_oa_gallery_ye1_large.jpg
    Insight_may05_oa_gallery_ye1_large.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
I that they are not possible to be compared, my point is that the age of Louise is not an impediment so that they show it.
for example, Diana never took to the children to the windsor horse show, Sarah and Anne if they did it, but your you are right, we do not know that this happening to Louise, is very possible that they either do not take trooping colour to it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom