Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 10: March-August 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Wedding-day to Edward and Sophie!

I have uploaded photos to House Wessex. Some of them have not been up at the RF.(yet).
it is nice that Edward was made a knight of the garter on his wedding anniversary, especially considering his wedding was garter themed. Special congradulations to Christopher Rhys-Jones who turned 75 on the same day. He was at Ascot with the Wessexs today.

House Wessex: http://housewessex.tollfreepage.com

Congratulations to Prince Edward on receiving the Order of the Garter! I guess he has 2 things to celebrate then... his wedding anniversary and the Garter. So congrats to both him and the Countess.

I've seen a few pics of Christopher Rhys-Jones at Ascot. One with him standing with the royals watching a race, and the others of him arriving with Edward and Sophie in the carriage.

Does the Queen invite Mr Ryhy-Jones to many events? She seems to be very fond of Sophie and her family.

Chistopher Rhys-Jones were invited to Ascot by the Queen even the Wessex's were married. But they possibly attended as private citizens long before that. David Rhys-Jones, Sophis's brother is a hobbist race commentator. One of quiet talent I'm told. If he had wanted to take it professional he would be commentating at Ascot.
This is the second time to my knowlegde that he has driving in the carriage procession. Mr. Rhys-Jones is becaming a regular royal guest. He was at the Chelsea Flower Show with Edward and Sophie as well, as well as Windsor Horse Show.
It is possible that they wish to share their love of horses and gardening with their father. The more the merrier I alway say.

hello
i'm not sure how to post the photos, i'll try, but if you look at corbis you see the new photos of sophie at party at the palace! (nice outfit xD - i think she wears it for the 4th time)
javascript:OpenChildWindow('http://...lbars=yes,status=no,titlebar=no,toolbar=no');

Sophie looks great these days. I hope things are going well in general for her.
Thanks for posting the pictures.

SHe looks good- she is a fantastic asset to the family now- I actually think she does her royal duties better than her husband!:eek:

Prince Edward to visit Stonyhurst College?

HOT on the heels of HM the Queen's visit last month, the Ribble Valley is preparing to welcome its second Royal visitor.
HRH Prince Edward, the Earl of Wessex is confirmed to tour Lancashire on Tuesday, July 18th.
http://www.burnleytoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?sectionid=9&articleid=1593737

Edward unveils plaque to open charity's premises

His Royal Highness the Earl of Wessex met staff, volunteers and clients as he launched the new headquarters of Northern Ireland Chest, Heart and Stroke this morning
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/story.jsp?story=696804

Last edited by a moderator:
Sophie's PR firm taken to court over bad debts

The business was ruined by the 'fake sheikh' scandal and now owes creditors £30,000

trans.gif
THE Countess of Wessex’s public relations company has been taken to court over a string of unpaid debts, causing further embarrassment to the Royal Family

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,200-2253666,00.html

oh poor Sophie. that must be a real blow for her. it must be very hard to see an organization you invested so much in having all these problems.

I know Sophie invested in her firm but I don't think it should be an embarassment to the BRF it's Sophie's private matter an I don't think she should be to blame for it.

xx hrh xx

It doesn't seem the amount is that huge. If it was 3 million, that's another story. Anyway, business more often fail than succede. It's unfortunate, but not an embarrasment.

im really hates that news about Countess of Wessex's company got lost it but im sure she will going court and get won that case or not i will pray for her but im sure she founded that company since 1997 but still strong and later she leave that company when she got married to Prince Edward in June 19,1999 and become Royal Families.

The newspaper is just making a story. It is such a small amount that it wouldn't even make a large court house. It depends how much money Sophie still holds in the company (or did hold in the company). Either way the debt is shared between the shareholders and the boardmembers which I understand was several. Of which Sophie only took a minor role- the audit firm that took the company into administration in order to close it down will assess how much each will pay. Either way if it 30000 pounds as some reports are saying or 1 million, it will be shared among everyone.
It is simply a story leading on the fact that Sophie is involved.

GREAT BOOKHAM, UNITED KINGDOM - JULY 11: Sophie, Countess of Wessex visits Rainbow House to mark the charity's 20th anniversary on July 11, 2006 in Great Bookham, England. Rainbow House is a respite centre where families can take a short break from the pressure of home and hospital to enjoy a much needeed rest

from getty

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 200
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 170
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 181
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 178
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 200
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 159
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
More from getty

Attachments

• 71415005.jpg
    71415005.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 189
  • 71415007.jpg
    71415007.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 204
  • 71415120.jpg
    71415120.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 195
  • 71415126.jpg
    71415126.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 174
The one where the little boy is giving her a massive hug is sooo cute! I also think she looks good wearing glasses

Me too I love the pic with the little boy cuddling Sophie, that's so sweet. Sophie looked great again in that soft colour and the most important thing: she advertised for a very good organisation!

is it me, or does she bear a striking resemblance to Diana in the 4th photo of post 170? I know that this subject has been discussed ad nauseum, but it is truly striking in this instance.

Empress said:
is it me, or does she bear a striking resemblance to Diana in the 4th photo of post 170? I know that this subject has been discussed ad nauseum, but it is truly striking in this instance.

I think it's the blonde hair and the short cut is kind of similar.

BTW, Sophie looks wonderful with all the kids. I wish we saw more pictures of her and Louise :rolleyes: .

For me Sophie is sweet and tender..what a shame..I love seeing her with hats..some of them weird..but finally gorgeous :p

more children

i wish edward and sophie could have more children, because you can see she loves being around them!!:(

her royal highness said:
I know Sophie invested in her firm but I don't think it should be an embarassment to the BRF it's Sophie's private matter an I don't think she should be to blame for it.
xx hrh xx

I thought Sophie didn't have anything to do with her company anymore. Hadn't she sold it a while ago and not been involved with it any longer because it interfered with her royal role?

sophie said:
i wish edward and sophie could have more children, because you can see she loves being around them!!:(

well but Sophie have problems with pregnant called etopic pregnant before her daughter was born and little Louise was born by c-section and she weight 4lbs and Sophie wanted trying getting another one and doctors cant give her to have another baby because got lots of blood pints when Louise was born and Sophie almost died in the Operation Room but its lucky to alive of Countess of Wessex.

but she loves to have children lots than mother of one i know its hard for Countess of Wessex wanted trying get another baby but we have wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom