Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 10: March-August 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its right above greece, south of serbia, and between albanian and bulgaria. Its landlocked but they have nice mountains which i love.

Laviollette said:
\

Sophie's top is absolutely beautiful, the choice of black as the color of the skirt isn't a good one though. She also looked radiant in that red dress.

My only complaint is her hair, she needs to do something with it. It looks the same regardless of the time and occasion of the event.

I agree Alisa THAT HAIR and the top is recycled but I love it also. I get on my hobby horse when it comes to the hair situation as I have mine blow waved a few times a week and I see no reason for these girls to make bad hair judgements. Sophie's is really matronly and she is just so young. I did read though that Sophie takes very little advice about hair makeup clothing and I think on her private days do so but on those other days she needs some help lately more so. I have always liked and am thrilled to see her progress in other areas though.

Prince Edward (R) together with the Macedonian Chief of Staff Miroslav Stojanovski (L) and a high ranking Macedonian general, walk towards the main memorial at the British Military Cemetery in Skopje, 17 May 2006. In 1918, 123 British soldiers killed in the finishing battles of WWI on the Salonika Front were buried in Skopje. The Earl of Wessex, arrived in Skopje today on his first visit. Tomorrow he will open the new British Embassy in Skopje and will be the guest of honour on the celebration of the tenth anniversary of the opening of the British Council.

from getty and yahoo/reuters

Attachments

• 91.jpg
    91.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 92.jpg
    92.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 93.jpg
    93.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 201.jpg
    201.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 135
  • 202.jpg
    202.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Prince Edward (C) shakes hands with the Macedonian Prime Minister Vlado Buchkovski (L) next to the British ambassador to Macedonia Mark Dickinson (R), after the inauguration of the new British embassy in Skopje, 18 May 2006. The inauguration of the new building was on the top of His Royal Highness agenda on his first visit to Macedonia.

from getty

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 141
The Earl and Countess of Wessex visit to Canada has been removed by the official engagement list at the Buckingham Palace website. Has it been downgraded to a private visit?

June 1, 2006
The Countess of Wessex visits Wood Green Animal Shelter

from uk-press :

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 194
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 178
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 242
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 179
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 174
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 245
That's a rather formal outfit to be wearing to an animal shelter; I'd have thought that a pale pastel colour with all that skin showing was a bit dangerous to be wearing around animals with claws and with fur that sheds. Glad to see there weren't any mishaps.

Sophie enchanted by animal magic
The Countess of Wessex was clearly entranced by her encounter with a variety of furry friends this week. Visiting the Wood Green Animal Shelter, the 41-year-old royal was supposed to be cutting the ribbon at a new facility to house abandoned cats, but couldn't resist giving a little attention to the centre's handsome pooches as well................
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/06/02/sophiewessex/

images from HELLO
wessexdop1a1sn.jpg
wessexdop2a6ob.jpg

Does anyone know if pets choosen to be presented to royals get washed and checked out medically first? You never know if that cat would take to being held or photographed.;)

Prince Edward, the Earl of Wessex, stands at attention during the singing of 'Oh Canada' as RCMP members salute while the prince attends the RCMP headquarters in Regina, Sask., Friday, June 2, 2006.

#1-4: Polfoto

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 135
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 146
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 145
At least in California all animals in a shelter gets washed, flea bath and medical check-up before anyone other than shelter staff are allowed to visit with them. I would guess for a royal visit they may get a more thorough cleaning.

I don't think tat outfit was fitting properly at all. Look at the shoulders and darts. Of course, if she had worn it right it would have been really revealing.

HRH The Earl of Wessex, Prince Edward, wears a white cowboy hat after it was presented to him at a White Hat Ceremony during a visit to the Calgary Exhibition & Stampede grounds in Calgary, Alberta, Sunday, June 4, 2006

from yahoo/ap

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 151
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 130
fanletizia said:
HRH The Earl of Wessex, Prince Edward, wears a white cowboy hat after it was presented to him at a White Hat Ceremony during a visit to the Calgary Exhibition & Stampede grounds in Calgary, Alberta, Sunday, June 4, 2006

from yahoo/ap

I believe the Earl and Countess of Wessex are the best ambassadors the monarchy presently have, other then The Queen and The Duke.They are a couple who have been together for years - and are comfortable with each other. They appear to enjoy each others company and have a genuine laugh together.
From a slow start, they are now being recognized for the work they do on behalf of the monarchy.
We in Canada ( IMO), will receive them anytime. :)

Thank you for the pictures, posted. Wonderful couple.. ( I don't care the the outfit Sophie wore to the animal shelter. The neckline is for an evening situation, IMO...)

Last edited:
mandyy said:
Sophie enchanted by animal magic
How sweet! Sophie is definetly not afraid of animals, even not when wearing an elegant and white dress! :D She's absolutely great!

I think her hat is super and a very nice colour too...Brufani

yes thanks any pictures or information would be appreciated. there dont seem to be any pictures of them anywhere

Heather1 said:
yes thanks any pictures or information would be appreciated. there dont seem to be any pictures of them anywhere

because the event just started about 10 mins ago Vancouver local time.....maybe later today there will be pics....

Why are there no pictures of the events the Wessex are taking part of in Canada? Does anyone have any? I think the Wessex's are the best ambassadors for the royal family!

Edward & Sophie on June 7, 2006 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
during a visit to City Hall (Reuters)
reuters47cg.jpg
reuters27qp.jpg
reuters34ft.jpg
reuters8ed.jpg

I have some photos that I found, I'll try to post them later. I have always thought that Edward and Sophie are great ambassadors - but than I have always been biased. There is a special report at House Wessex for those of you interested.

House Wessex: http://housewessex.tollfreepage.com

Pics 13.06.2006

Actor Keith Duffy and his 6 year-old daughter Mia joins Sophie, The Countess of Wessex on a visit to the Abacas school for children with Autism in Kilbarrack Dublin, Ireland- 13.06.06

14cb340.jpg
14cb420.jpg
14cb48o.jpg
14cb4oi.jpg
14cb4wh.jpg

14cb6ac.jpg

14cb6hk.jpg

(WENN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom