The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 08:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks lots mandyy, haven't seen so much cute pic like that of Sophie before, how sweet is it!the Countess is so down to earth, she tends much with children, hugs a disabled lady, and now playing with a cute rabbit...Great Sophie!

God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 03-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

2 more from fotobank :
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	R020-2548.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	234165   Click image for larger version

Name:	R020-2550.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	234166  

Old 03-24-2006, 02:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Exciting news! Hot off the press.

Edward is coming to the Netherlands in April and he will carry out an official engagement with Maxima!!!!!!!!!Royals combining their powers! I love it.

“Britse Prins bezoekt Jan van Brabant, Edward landt met helicopter in Helmond.” Eindhovens dagblad, 23 March 2006.

My translation…

The Jan van Brabant High School on the Delta way in Helmond is getting a royal visit. Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex will bring an hour and a half visit to the school on Thursday April 20.

Prince Edward’s visit is connected to the “International Award for Young People.’ He will arrive in Holland April 19 and together with Princess Maxima hand out 25 gold medals to young people who participated in the award program. The program is for people between the ages of 14 and 25 who set and then achieved a challenging goal for themselves and who worked to benefit others. They are required to draw up a plan for how to achieve their goal in an area like business, individual talent, or sport. They can receive either bronze silver or gold medals. This program is open to young people all over the world and is intended to stimulate their personal growth.

Five students from the Jan van Brabant High School will receive golden medals on 19 April. Also, the Helmond middle school had 90 participants in the program. According to Dick Seijkens who is organizing the royal visit, this is an expectionally high level of participation for one town. He thinks Helmond’s enthusiasm for the program is no doubt the reason why Prince Edward singled out the Jan van Brabant high school for a visit.

The prince is visiting the school on 20 April because he would like to see with his own eyes how the students have been going about participating in the program. “There will be very few speeches. The prince will be here for an hour and a half and we have put together a program which will allow him to see as much as possible of what the children have been doing.” says Seijkens.

Prince Edward is traveling to Helmond by helicopter. He will and right next to the high school on the Delta Way on 5 April a personal protection agent of the British royal family will come to inspect the premises.

Helmond has invited Edward’s brother Prince Charles several times. The Prince of Wales has expressed admiration for the town’s architecture. The town has received several replies indicating that the Prince of Wales will come visit at some point but a date has yet to be established.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:06 PM
Serene Highness

That's what I call good news! Thanks for bringing it to us, pollyemma! :)
Old 03-28-2006, 12:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Where does Edward and Sophie live?
Old 03-28-2006, 12:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
Where does Edward and Sophie live?
They live at Bagshot Park, a home situated in the village of Bagshot in the county of Surrey in southwest England.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:06 PM
Courtier

For information and rare photos of toddler Louise, check out the "Lady Louise" and "Lady Louise part 2" threads below. They have great stuff on the rarely seen royal child.:)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...uise-2440.html
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-2-a-7511.html
Old 03-30-2006, 07:44 PM
Royal Highness

i just love Sophie...she always looks lovely and like she's enjoying what she's doing.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Commoner

I don't know if this qualifies as "current events", but here's a link to news of Edward and Sophie's desire for another child. Although I have no idea how the writer would know about such a personal topic...

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_f...aby-16010.html
Old 04-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris922
I don't know if this qualifies as "current events", but here's a link to news of Edward and Sophie's desire for another child. Although I have no idea how the writer would know about such a personal topic...

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_f...aby-16010.html
Well, to be honest, I wouldn't classify this as a reliable source so...
Old 04-05-2006, 06:06 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
Well, to be honest, I wouldn't classify this as a reliable source so...
Based on what we have seen of femalefirst posted in these Forums, it has low credibility ("Kate Middleton has moved into Clarence House"), and they get basic facts wrong ("Kaiser Wilhelm II was Queen Victoria's uncle").
Old 04-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Based on what we have seen of femalefirst posted in these Forums, it has low credibility ("Kate Middleton has moved into Clarence House"), and they get basic facts wrong ("Kaiser Wilhelm II was Queen Victoria's uncle").
Oops!! Sorry!! As you can see, I'm new to the forums and am not yet up to date on the reliability of many internet news sites. I'll put "femalefirst" in the DO NOT QUOTE pile.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:23 AM
Courtier

Sophie looks so radiant in the past pictures...indeed it seems she`s having a great moment in her life
Old 04-05-2006, 12:47 PM
Serene Highness

I like Sophie more and more! She looks very nice on that pictures.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris922
Oops!! Sorry!! As you can see, I'm new to the forums and am not yet up to date on the reliability of many internet news sites. I'll put "femalefirst" in the DO NOT QUOTE pile.
Don't worry about it!
Anyway, it's good to see different sources so we can now which ones are reliable and which ones aren't:)
Old 04-06-2006, 01:30 AM
Nobility

Has HRH had her hairstyle changed? It looks wonderful!
Old 04-06-2006, 01:44 AM
Royal Highness

Sophie's style has definitly changed over the years! for the better!!!
Old 04-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Aristocracy

hey..
oh yes i agree... they are pretty short lately she always has such long hairs... both things fit her, i think
Old 04-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney00
hey..
oh yes i agree... they are pretty short lately she always has such long hairs... both things fit her, i think
She had her hair cut short again not long ago, according to the papers!:) (none of which I can find at the mo):o
Old 04-07-2006, 06:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney00
hey..
I prefer her with longer hair. Her features are more soft and femine (sorry). I remember her with short hair and she looked older.

Tags
countess of wessex, earl of wessex, prince edward, sophie