Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 10: March-August 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First Spring Engagements for Sophie & Maxima

Two of Europe's favourite young royal mums were on radiant form as they carried out charity engagements on the same day in different countries.
Spring had definitely sprung for the Countess of Wessex and Princess Maxima of the Netherlands, who were both presented with cheerful seasonal blooms at their respective engagements on Tuesday.

Sophie, thoroughly spring-chic in calf-high tan boots and an elegant cream coat, had opted not to wear one of her trademark hats for the opening of the Slater Centre near Newbury in Berkshire, which aims to provide training and employment opportunities for people with learning disabilities.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/03/22/sophie/

Attachments

• royalround-dop1a.jpg
    royalround-dop1a.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 290
Prince Edward, the Earl of Wessex and Trustee of the Duke of Edinburgh's Award International Foundation, launches a photographic exhibition to mark Asia Pacific's 50th anniversary of the award scheme on March 23, 2006 in Sydney, Australia. The Earl of Wessex who is also the Vice Patron of the Commonwealth Games Federation will also be attending the closing ceremony of the games in Melbourne.
from getty images

Attachments

• 57160011.jpg
    57160011.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 217
  • 57160140.jpg
    57160140.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 225
  • 57160142.jpg
    57160142.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 191
  • 57160145.jpg
    57160145.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 239
  • 57160148.jpg
    57160148.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 185
Policeman caught snapping Prince Edward's hotel room

MELBOURNE (AFP) - A policeman has been caught taking photographs in Britain's Prince Edward's hotel room in an embarrassing breach of protocol.
http://us.bc.yahoo.com/b?P=2m4KK86....1187.8103267.8924227.2881644/D=LREC/B=3248965
The prince has been in Melbourne as vice-patron of the Commonwealth Games Federation and is staying in a suite at one of the city's top hotels, although he was in Sydney at the time of the incident.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060323/wl_uk_afp/cgames2006engcrimeroyal_060323043429

Prince Edward (C), the Duke of Wessex, sports a red dye mark on his forehead as he arrives to promote the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi during the lavish Indian Gala Night at the 2006 Commonwealth Games in Melbourne, 23 March 2006

from profimedia

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 247
Thanks Adry for posting the pictures, the Countess looks lovely!

GrandDuchess said:
Thanks Adry for posting the pictures, the Countess looks lovely!
;) Sophie seems to be really kind and tender..I like posting her pictures :eek:

Earl of Wessex Prince Edward speaks at a function marking the 50th year celebration of the Duke of Edinburgh's Award in Sydney March 23, 2006.

from REUTERS/Will Burgess via yahoo

Attachments

• r3406697260.jpg
    r3406697260.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 229
Sophie makes some furry friends
Sophie Wessex had a close encounter with some furry royal fans when she paid a visit to West Ashton in Wiltshire this week. The Countess of Wessex was photographed enjoying a cuddle with a white rabbit as she got to know some of the residents in Lark Rise Community Farm.....................
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/03/24/sophiewessex/

Photos from HELLO

Attachments

• wessex-dop1a.jpg
    wessex-dop1a.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 294
  • wessex-dop2a.jpg
    wessex-dop2a.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 268
  • wessex-dop3a.jpg
    wessex-dop3a.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
i love it.... that is so cute of Sophie with the white bunny...
her smile is so genuine,,
wonder what she's telling the goat,,

Thanks lots mandyy, haven't seen so much cute pic like that of Sophie before, how sweet is it!the Countess is so down to earth, she tends much with children, hugs a disabled lady, and now playing with a cute rabbit...Great Sophie!

2 more from fotobank :

Attachments

• R020-2548.jpg
    R020-2548.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 238
  • R020-2550.jpg
    R020-2550.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 220
Exciting news! Hot off the press.

Edward is coming to the Netherlands in April and he will carry out an official engagement with Maxima!!!!!!!!!Royals combining their powers! I love it.

“Britse Prins bezoekt Jan van Brabant, Edward landt met helicopter in Helmond.” Eindhovens dagblad, 23 March 2006.

My translation…

The Jan van Brabant High School on the Delta way in Helmond is getting a royal visit. Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex will bring an hour and a half visit to the school on Thursday April 20.

Prince Edward’s visit is connected to the “International Award for Young People.’ He will arrive in Holland April 19 and together with Princess Maxima hand out 25 gold medals to young people who participated in the award program. The program is for people between the ages of 14 and 25 who set and then achieved a challenging goal for themselves and who worked to benefit others. They are required to draw up a plan for how to achieve their goal in an area like business, individual talent, or sport. They can receive either bronze silver or gold medals. This program is open to young people all over the world and is intended to stimulate their personal growth.

Five students from the Jan van Brabant High School will receive golden medals on 19 April. Also, the Helmond middle school had 90 participants in the program. According to Dick Seijkens who is organizing the royal visit, this is an expectionally high level of participation for one town. He thinks Helmond’s enthusiasm for the program is no doubt the reason why Prince Edward singled out the Jan van Brabant high school for a visit.

The prince is visiting the school on 20 April because he would like to see with his own eyes how the students have been going about participating in the program. “There will be very few speeches. The prince will be here for an hour and a half and we have put together a program which will allow him to see as much as possible of what the children have been doing.” says Seijkens.

Prince Edward is traveling to Helmond by helicopter. He will and right next to the high school on the Delta Way on 5 April a personal protection agent of the British royal family will come to inspect the premises.

Helmond has invited Edward’s brother Prince Charles several times. The Prince of Wales has expressed admiration for the town’s architecture. The town has received several replies indicating that the Prince of Wales will come visit at some point but a date has yet to be established.

That's what I call good news! Thanks for bringing it to us, pollyemma! :)

Australian said:
Where does Edward and Sophie live?
They live at Bagshot Park, a home situated in the village of Bagshot in the county of Surrey in southwest England.

i just love Sophie...she always looks lovely and like she's enjoying what she's doing.

crisiñaki said:
Well, to be honest, I wouldn't classify this as a reliable source so...:cool:
Based on what we have seen of femalefirst posted in these Forums, it has low credibility ("Kate Middleton has moved into Clarence House"), and they get basic facts wrong ("Kaiser Wilhelm II was Queen Victoria's uncle").

Warren said:
Based on what we have seen of femalefirst posted in these Forums, it has low credibility ("Kate Middleton has moved into Clarence House"), and they get basic facts wrong ("Kaiser Wilhelm II was Queen Victoria's uncle").

Oops!! Sorry!! As you can see, I'm new to the forums and am not yet up to date on the reliability of many internet news sites. I'll put "femalefirst" in the DO NOT QUOTE pile.

Sophie looks so radiant in the past pictures...indeed it seems she`s having a great moment in her life;)

I like Sophie more and more! She looks very nice on that pictures.

Chris922 said:
Oops!! Sorry!! As you can see, I'm new to the forums and am not yet up to date on the reliability of many internet news sites. I'll put "femalefirst" in the DO NOT QUOTE pile.

Don't worry about it!;)
Anyway, it's good to see different sources so we can now which ones are reliable and which ones aren't:)

Sophie's style has definitly changed over the years! for the better!!!

hey..
oh yes i agree... they are pretty short lately she always has such long hairs... both things fit her, i think

sydney00 said:
hey..
oh yes i agree... they are pretty short lately she always has such long hairs... both things fit her, i think

She had her hair cut short again not long ago, according to the papers!:) (none of which I can find at the mo):eek:

sydney00 said:
hey..
I prefer her with longer hair. Her features are more soft and femine (sorry). I remember her with short hair and she looked older.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom