Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 4: September-December 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure Charles and Andrew did. But Charles and Diana did have busy scheduals. :) I remember reading that the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh prefer undertaken engagement together - maybe they get lonely and need someone to talk to in the car going there or something. Maybe Ed and Soph think the same. I don't think Sophie minds Edward tagging along, its a bigger draw for the charity as well.

Claire

Yes The Countess Does Look Better With Longer Hair. And Don't Get Me Wrong I'am Not Trying To Put The Earl Down, But Has He Lost More Hair Since 1999? It Looks Like He Has.

I heard that Earl and Countess of Wessex on an official visit to Poland yesterday.Do you hear about that?Or any pics of that?

Prince Edward and his wife Sophie pay a three-day visit to Poland

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 279
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 373
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 243
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 297
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 261
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 360
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 260
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 219
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 285
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 281
And once more the wife of the Polish president is looking really elegant.´Better than her royal visitors. I hope that there will be some new pics of the family on Louise´s 1st birthday.

November 3, 2004: 2nd day of the three day visit to Poland...
Earl and Countess of Wessex visited Krakow, Poland. The Earl attended the seminar on "European Defense Politics" and the Countess visited the sports club for children.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 309
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 407
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 246
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 298
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 207
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 331
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 269
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 266
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Thanks for all the pictures. I really like the Countess's hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any news about Louise???

Usually I´m not the one who suspect a pregnancy when some one shows a little tummy. But I also thought it when I saw the pics from the first day. And also her mood would be suitable.Most of the time she is laughing.But you have also to consider that the last pregnancy was really traumatic for her. I think when she is really pregnant she would rest the first 3 months. and when she is already over 3 months the the Palace would have announced it.

I Hope Lady Louise Will Be Having A Little Brother Or Sister Next Year!!!!!the Countess Does Look Like She Is Putting On Some Weight. It Would Be So Wonderful For The Earl And Countess !!!!!!

WIELICZKA, POLAND - NOVEMBER 4: The Earl of Wessex, Prince Edward and the Countess of Wessex Sophie Rhys-Jones at the Wieliczka Salt Mine on the fourth and final day of their official visit to Poland, on November 4, 2004 in Warsaw, Poland.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 298
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 275
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 277
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 281
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 255
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 314
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 257
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 294
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 269
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 278
liv said:
Usually I´m not the one who suspect a pregnancy when some one shows a little tummy. But I also thought it when I saw the pics from the first day. And also her mood would be suitable.Most of the time she is laughing.But you have also to consider that the last pregnancy was really traumatic for her. I think when she is really pregnant she would rest the first 3 months. and when she is already over 3 months the the Palace would have announced it.
wait and see!

if Countess of Wessex would have another baby because she would collaspe again when her daughter was born but she cant have another baby ever or she cant carry add another baby if Sophie wanted it or Edward would like it wait and see when annoucement from Buckingham Palace but im not sure Sophie looks like as pregnant!

Sara Boyce

I must admit that Sophie looked very pregnant in that brown outfit she wore in Portugal, look back in the link. And at that size, that's very pregnant. That was a while ago. I think that she put on weight this year, it happens. I know that a lot of women who have C-sections where the muscles are cut rather 'fast' usually develop a little tummy.
But I would REALLY like that little tummy to be someone else.

I noticed that Edward and Sophie have been in mourning this whole week, official royal mounring only begins tomorrow, you'll notice that the Queen, Prince Charles, Anne have not been wearing black. Were Edward and Sophie especially close to Princess Alice?

I must admit that the Countess looks like she is wearing a poncho..Very unflattering.

Very hope that sophie will be pregnant again next year.It will be very wonderful.

I don't think the coats are because she's expecting. She seems to be wearing them due to the climate. Is it particularly cold in Poland right now? Because I seriously doubt Sophie is going to be having another child, especially right now.

Claire: "I noticed that Edward and Sophie have been in mourning this whole week, official royal mounring only begins tomorrow, you'll notice that the Queen, Prince Charles, Anne have not been wearing black. Were Edward and Sophie especially close to Princess Alice?"
(Could someone tell me how to quote a previous message?)

Claire, what makes you think Edward and Sophie have been in mourning this last week?

Sofhie and Edward

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 278
Wessexes wrap up a busy week in Poland
Hellomagazine.com

5 NOVEMBER 2004

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/11/05/wessexpoland/#enviarPrince Edward and his wife Sophie have hardly had time to catch their breath this week on their busy four-day visit to Poland.

Beginning their trip with a Warsaw meeting with country's President Aleksander Kwasniewski, they went on to attend a ceremony honouring allied airmen who died during the city's uprising against the Nazis in 1944. They later met with children in the Polish capital.

Then it was on to Krakow where Prince Edward got a serious work-out as he climbed the 239 steps up the tower of the city's famous cathedral. From here the pair were whisked off to open the British Uk21 Festival, a five-day event aimed at promoting British and Polish relations.

The official visit came to a close on Thursday with the Earl and Countess of Wessex paying a visit to the world's oldest salt mine in the medieval town of Wieliczka.

1. The Earl and Countess of Wessex share a joke at the official opening of the British Uk21 Festival in Krakow

2. Sophie and Edward admire an elaborate light fitting in the chapel of the world's oldest salt mine

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 293
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 215
I think Claire was looking at the first set of photos. Odd, Acually I was thinking that they where in mourning for Princess Alice, but I saw pictures of the Queen wearing green. There are probably several reason. As stated above, its winter and maybe their coats are dark. I've been told that Edward is a pretty religious person, maybe they were in mourning for Princess Alice and also look at the majority of the engagements they were doing mostly placing flowers at memorials, visiting a cathedral. I would have worn black if I was simply visiting.

I don't know how to answer that it just, well we have seen Sophie's wardrope and lately she is wearing some nice colours. And last week she was wearing such dark things. I was also pointed out they were pieces of clothing from last year. I saw the dark clothing and thought mourning for Princess Alice. I actually forgot it was winter in Poland, so thank you Elsie for explaining :eek:

Claire

Will Sophie and Edward also be at the wedding today?

I read that the Countess of Wessex's engagement ring is made of platinum, but her wedding band is made of gold. Does she wear them together?

sara1981 said:
wait and see!

if Countess of Wessex would have another baby because she would collaspe again when her daughter was born but she cant have another baby ever or she cant carry add another baby if Sophie wanted it or Edward would like it wait and see when annoucement from Buckingham Palace but im not sure Sophie looks like as pregnant!

Sara Boyce
Why would Sophie collapse again if she were pregnant again? Just because she had a difficult delivery the first time around doesn't mean it would happen again necessarily.

Were there medical records released to the public saying that Sophie cannot have more children because of the difficulties of Louise's birth?

I know that she is older and hence her chances of conceiving are more difficult, but it's not impossible for Sophie to have a second child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom