Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 11: September 2006-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Welcome to the Earl and Countess of Wessex current events thread part 7

commencing 1 September 2006

Part 6, covering the period March-August 2006 can be found here.

recent pictures of Wessexes?

Does anyone have any recent links to or photos of the Earl and Countess? I know they don't allow shots of Louise, for the most part, and understand why, but I rarely see shots of them, especially here in the States....:mad:

hey did you see the ones on the last thread. well can you say recent? little time ago when they were on holidays but that are one of the rarely ones with their little girlie! i think there weren't newer ones were they?

Does anyone know where I could find photos or articles of Edward's visit to Luxembourg?

Earl and Countess of Wessex visit the New British Red Cross offices

Royal blush as hectic schedule crammed in new developments across Sheffield were given the Royal seal of approval as Prince Edward and his wife Sophie visited the city yesterday for a string of engagements.
Their late arrival at Sheffield City Airport meant the Earl and Count-ess of Wessex were faced with a hectic schedule - with just minutes between engagements.

Earl meets snooker star at new academy

A new sporting venue was given the Royal seal of approval yesterday when the Earl and Countess of Wessex officially opened the new World Snooker Academy.

COUNTESS AT WESTFIELD FOR LAUNCH OF MENINGITIS TRUST CAMPAIGN

HER Royal Highness The Countess of Wessex visited Westfield Primary School on Tuesday to attend the launch of an awareness campaign by the Meningitis Trust focusing on educating children about meningitis.

C_20_article_16743_body_web_paragra.jpg

source - woking.co.uk

Counts of Wessex and Prince Albert go to a charitable supper p

Prince Albert of Monaco went next to a Counts de Wessex to a supper of charity offered by the anniversary of the Prizes auctions of Duke de Edinburgo. The supper comprises of a series of the 50 celebrations that commemorate anniversary of the charity.

www.hola.com

albertoduqueswessexga7.jpg

More images from abaca

Last edited:
sophie look great! I don't like the drees, but she look happy

corazon said:
sophie look great! I don't like the drees, but she look happy
Me too I consider the dress to be a bit strange ;), I think she already wore it once, but Sophie looks wonderful nevertheless. It's always nice to see Sophie and Edward together with Prince Albert. Thanks a lot for the pics!

Counts de Wessex, of visit in France

Counts de Wessex attended the inauguration of a new called seat Duke of Connaught in Beaulie, France. Sophie Rhys Jones and his husband, prince Eduardo of England, presided over the ceremony of inauguration of this seat in honor to the third son of queen Victoria of England.

from www.hola.com

wessexvn6.jpg

i think she wears quite strange things to all of the last three activities. mh she should think about her style ;) but okay she s beautiful normally. :) thank you all for the new pics!

Both Edward and Sophie looked happy.Hopefully so does Louise. But it's right that the Countess's dress is not really nice, she could have worn better than that.

Article from HELLO
Sophie Wessex discovered the welcome was every bit as warm as the weather when she paid a visit to the French Riviera this week. The Countess was greeted by a large group of flag-waving royal fans when she and her husband Prince Edward arrived to kick off a festival celebrating cultural links between Wales and France.....
http://www.hellomagazine.com/travel/2006/09/19/sophie-wessex-france/

image from HELLO

Prince to open care home's extension

Prince Edward is to visit Leamington to cut the ribbon on a £2.3million extension at a care home for people with multiple sclerosis (MS).

Royal touch for Fontwell

A royal touch will be added to a race day at Fontwell Park racecourse next week. The Earl of Wessex will be spending much of September 30 at the horse racing venue.

Countess in red letter charity visit

The Countess of Wessex, patron of Disability Initiative, visits the Hampton Estate at Seale.
The charity was founded in 1975 and supports disabled adults in Surrey, Hampshire and Berkshire by providing a range of therapeutic services from its purpose-built resource centre in Camberley.

"CAPTION: The Earl and Countess of Wessex attend the Mile Championship and present the trophy for the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes at Ascot racecourse, in Ascot, UK, on September 23, 2006. Photos by Nunn Syndication/ABACAUSA.COM"

2hdb0j9.jpg
2els0sk.jpg

I think I like Sophie's hair the way it is now compared to when she had it longer!

Sophie looks great in red, but that unflattering sheer dress does nothing for her. It needs to be burned!:cool: In contrast the red floral shirt with the skirt looks very nice, feminine, and appropriate.

Edward looks like a 50/50 split between his Mother and Father.

Alisa said:
Sophie looks great in red, but that unflattering sheer dress does nothing for her. It needs to be burned!:cool:
I agree. The sheer panel just don't offer any support in the midriff. It's quite obvious in the photo with Prince Albert greeting her.

In october the Earl and Countess go to South Africa and in november Canada hopefully we will get to see some pictures.

I think Sophie will be going solo in November to Canada. The visit seems to concentrate on Sophie's charities, especially those in Toronto.

Earl and Countess of Wessex visit to Kenya,South Africa Oct.7 to October 25,2006

i read Earl and Countess of Wessexes's websites says the couples will gone to Africa on October 7-25 for visit include Duke of Edinburgh's awards and lots of mores.

Prince Edward will gone on October 7th and Countess of Wessex will be there also meet him but im not sure will bring their daughter or not they will staying with nanny at home.

please post pictures of Wessexes couples in Kenya and South Africa also

I have always really liked Sophie but I have to agree that whatever advise she is getting about her wardrobe it is not the best and I am afraid that she is looking extremely matronly.IMO. The clothes she wore in Canada were just badly fitting especially the cream suit all in all not good and I do think she should dispose of that dreadful red sheer thing HORRID.I am really diappointed in her choices because I like her a great deal.

I have to agree her clothes and fashion sense are not great. She needs help she could dress more stylish and more her age. Maybe if she used well known designers that would help.

hats

where are the hats???? i miss the days of diana and fergie wearing there hats when the went overseas.:sad:

Prince Edward starts Africa tour in drought zone

LODWAR, Kenya (Reuters) - Prince Edward began a four-nation tour of Africa on Sunday with a visit to a spectacular but neglected corner of Kenya where drought has decimated livestock and caused widespread hunger.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/08102006/325/prince-edward-starts-africa-tour-drought-zone.html

The following is shown on the Royal Family website.

Saturday, 7th October
The Earl of Wessex will visit Kenya until 10th October.

Sunday, 8th October
The Earl of Wessex will attend the British Council Reception at the British High Commission, Nairobi, Kenya; will visit the International Rescue Service Water Project, Turkana, Kenya; will visit Merlin Stabilisation Centre, Lodwar, Turkana, Kenya; and will visit Primary School, Lodwar, Turkana, Kenya.

Monday, 9th October
The Earl of Wessex, Trustee of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award International Association, will attend a youth event, at Kenya Commercial Bank Centre, Nairobi, Kenya; will attend a lunch given by the President of Kenya, Nairobi, Kenya; will attend the launch of International Gold Encounter Kenya 2008, Nairobi, Kenya; will attend the President's Award Board Meeting, Nairobi, Kenya; and will attend a reception and dinner at the Intercontinental Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya.

Tuesday, 10th October
The Earl of Wessex will travel to the Seychelles. As Trustee of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award International Association, His Royal Highness will attend a Gold Award Ceremony at State House, Mahe Island, Seychelles, and will attend a youth event at the Police Academyon Mahe Island. In the evening, His Royal Highness will attend a reception and dinner hosted by the British High Commissioner at Fisherman's Cove Hotel, Mahe Island.
http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page475.asp

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom