The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 11:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

sophie look really absolutly beautifu! thanks avalon for the gallery.

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-23-2006, 03:53 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the gallery of pics. Sophie really suits the long coats. They are very slimming.

Old 11-24-2006, 10:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the gallery, Avalon. The Countess has recycled almost the outfits she wore from last year Christmas and this year, but she was still able to manage a good look, she just looked really stunning!
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 11-24-2006, 11:51 PM
Gentry

Sophie looks radiant.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:07 AM
Nobility

I agree! The Countess looks lovely; very elegant!
Isn't it wonderful to see HRH receiving such positive press? It's about time!
Old 11-27-2006, 01:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
Sophie's style

The Countess of Wessex is no red carpet diva. The wife of Britain’s Prince Edward exhibited more substance than style during her visit to Toronto this week.

Gallery of pictures.

This might seem like a weird question, but do the RF members get new outfits when they travel about in their duties? Or, do they have many outfits during the year? Does anyone have any idea about this or heard anything about their clothing?
Old 11-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Aristocracy

well i think they just buy new thinks when they want to. but she obviously chose to take older fashion with her because she has some of them already worn through the year. for example this silver jacket. i think it was the garden party when she wore it ...not sure.. but in any case on an opening whenshe got a tinkerbell.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:17 PM
Courtier

Senior female members of the royal family are the only one who receive clothing and upkeep allowances - as far as I know only Camilla is on the list. She received such an allowance for her trip to the United States and recently to India.
The Countess of Wessex doesn't get the upkeep allowance. Her clothing, hats and hair styles have to come out of her own pocket. So I would think that she keeps a budget of some sort and only shops for special occassions - and this year has had several. Her personal assistant will see to such stuff and will also shuffle her outfits so that it doesn't look like she is constantly rewearing clothings. So of course we always tend to remember a good or horrid frock.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Courtier

I was wondering if anyone caught the interview with Prince Edward on Carte Blanche, Sunday night. It was quiet interesting.
I will be putting a transcript online soon.
I'm surprise that the British press hasn't jumped on it. Prince Edward was asked if been in line for the Duke of Edinburgh title give him a special responsiblity with the Awards in the future.
Prince Edward replied, "yes, If they haven't thrown me out by then, it is a possiblity."
The thing is - was he refering to the DOE Awards or the British Royal Family?

Doesn't look like I have to put the transcipt up at all - here it is in its full form.
http://www.carteblanche.co.za/Displa...ay.asp?Id=3230
Old 11-30-2006, 08:42 AM
Aristocracy

LOL but why should they throw him out of the RF, you know i dont think they will trow him out of the DOEA but, i think he refered to it, what do you think? well hard to say but it sounds more logical, i think. and thanks for the link!
Old 11-30-2006, 08:49 AM
Aristocracy

mh i read it again.. and well it 's really strange with: if they don't throw me out, but let'S wait what you all say?
and i ve got a question? he says sophie is involved "absolutely"?? what does he mean by that? because maybe she accompanies him but does she do anything for the award?
sweet, that maybe louise will take part
Old 11-30-2006, 01:55 PM
Serene Highness

You know there just might be something in what he has said. It is no secret that Charles wants the British Royals to resemble the European monarchies where it is generally only the King and Queen and their offspring who are considered to be the Royal Family. I read somewhere that he intends to be brutal in freezing out other members of the family from performing royal duties and that apart from Camilla; his sons; Princess Anne and Princess Alexandra (whom he is exceptionally close to and respects enormously) there won't be a role for the rest when he becomes King.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, if he doesn't restrict the royal family strictly by precedence, it's going to look bad. If he decides to let one sibling or second cousin continue to do royal duties but not others, it'll really cause people to talk and he shouldn't be surprised when it does. To keep Anne but not Andrew or Edward, or Alexandra but not the Dukes of Kent or Gloucester, in the family doing royal duties would be ridiculous. Sure, if he wants to adopt a situation where royals stop being royal when they're no longer the children or grandchildren of the present monarch, that's fair enough. But it should apply across the board without cherry-picking favourites. I can't believe he'd be naive enough to think he could get away with it. I wonder how authoritative that report is.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Courtier

I don't it is that legitmate. Most of these type of stories had Beatrice and Eugenie being demoted to Ladies when they turn 18, and that isn't going to happen unless they want it to.

Map for the British Royals
Old 11-30-2006, 02:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think it was just his British sense of humour, which is why the British press havn't picked up on it. It was supposed to be a joke!
Old 11-30-2006, 02:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I think it was just his British sense of humour, which is why the British press havn't picked up on it. It was supposed to be a joke!
Oh, absolutely, Skydragon. It was a typical royal self-deprecating comment. No more to be taken seriously than The Queen's comment one time that she felt so seasick she thought she might have to abdicate.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela
You know there just might be something in what he has said. It is no secret that Charles wants the British Royals to resemble the European monarchies where it is generally only the King and Queen and their offspring who are considered to be the Royal Family. I read somewhere that he intends to be brutal in freezing out other members of the family from performing royal duties and that apart from Camilla; his sons; Princess Anne and Princess Alexandra (whom he is exceptionally close to and respects enormously) there won't be a role for the rest when he becomes King.
I wonder if he must disdain his brothers and their children. You don't really hear or read about them being invited to his & Cam's garden parties etc.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I wonder if he must disdain his brothers and their children. You don't really hear or read about them being invited to his & Cam's garden parties etc.
mh probably they are automatically invited, aren t they? i mean if other members are invited they are, too?
Old 12-02-2006, 12:16 PM
Serene Highness

Not that I agree with him but I don't see who's going to stop Prince Charles doing things the way he wants when he becomes King. I think he has very set ideas about how he wants things to be and just can't wait to get started. I suspect that one of the reasons Princess Anne would keep her role in the family is that he wouldn't dare mess around with her as I think she is a lady to be reckoned with but I think Andrew, Edward and the rest would find in more difficult to challenge him.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:03 PM
Courtier

I think Prince Charles does things to suit himself not the monarchy. He wants to scale down the monarchy but not his own extravagant lifestyle. Then there is the whole idea put forward at the time of the wedding to Camilla that she would be known as "Princess Consort" of which there is no such thing. I think Andrew and even Edward will challenge him because imho, he has already weakened himself before becoming king. Sorry to offend anyone.

Closed Thread

Tags
countess of wessex, earl of wessex, prince edward, sophie