The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Royal visitors in Suffolk

Suffolk welcomed two royal guests today when the Earl and Countess of Wessex visited the county.
After landing by helicopter at Trinity Showground in Ipswich the pair separated to undertake engagements in Ipswich, Stowmarket and Kesgrave.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-15-2006, 05:49 AM
Aristocracy

Hello everybody!
I don't know if this is the right place to ask my question...but I think so...

I was watching some photos about when Albert came to the throne of Monaco and I found a photo of Sophie and Edward...and down it is written: "Sophie Rhys Jones, who waits her second child for April, choose clear colours."

http://www.especialeshf.com/alberto_...a1_21.htm?r=dm
(from Diezminutos)

Is this right? I've never read in other place that she has another baby more than Louise...anybody knows?

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-15-2006, 05:57 AM
Nobility

No this is not right Sophie has no other children.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:38 AM
Aristocracy

yes right. but there were really many rumours of her being pregnant again. they even appeared in daily newspapers and the tv text here. but nope, obiously she never was.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:51 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the info sydney00, I was surprised...I thought maybe she lost the baby or something...
Old 11-15-2006, 02:56 PM
Heir Apparent

i dont think Countess of Wessex would have another baby because dues of her etopic pregnant before her first daughter Lady Louise was born if she would get another baby for CHANCE! or she would died because she been gone IVF treatment before she expecting louise but we have wait and see if Sophie will try have baby or not i dont know
Old 11-16-2006, 12:00 PM
Aristocracy

do you think theres the possibility? well okay with the modern medcine you can even get a baby with almost 42 or she will be at least 42 if she would get a baby. but i think it s very unreal. but i think its better for louise like that because they are busied now and with another baby louise would have to share the time she spends with them!

@ nayralorenzo : no problem.. i dont think she lost a baby okay we can t know but probably newspapers would have discovered it ... they really pay a lot of attention on such things , i think
Old 11-16-2006, 04:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

she can have babies, louise is a helthy girl, but sophie have serius problems first with the estopic `pregnancy and louise's delivery was very danger fot sophie.
I tinks she want more children, but she have 42 years (my mother have me in 1983 and she have 43) and is more difficult.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Countess gets Daring on the Clyde

Crew on board the world's most advanced destroyer had a royal visitor when the Countess of Wessex returned to the Clyde.

Picture: Countess of Wessex
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 11-20-2006, 12:19 PM
Courtier

Sophie's dignified royal role

"Queen Elizabeth II has, to understate considerably, been sorely tried by her sons' marital selections...

How often the 80-year-old Queen must gaze upon the one-time Sophie Rhys-Jones — the "lowest-born" person ever to marry into the royal family — and think, "Not sure how, but one of them got it right."

read full article: http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...2154&t=TS_Home
Old 11-20-2006, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice article and so true. The Countess has become a wonderful ambassadress for the BRF.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:46 PM
Commoner

I agree that Sophie is one of the royal family's best ambassaders. Of course she's been very wise to learn from the mistakes of the other royals. She has been given probably more help than either Princess Diana or The Duchess of York received. Plus I do believe that Sophie and Edward really do love each. As I believe Sara and the Duke of York do. Sara just had a very difficult time adapting to royal life.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Aristocracy

what a nice article- finally after so many bad ones :( but of course, they always have to remind us all which mistakes she has done. i don t think it is really fair to write it again and again in detail. isn t it enough to write she s hard working? nope- not for the medias, even 5 years later -.-
but the article has its positive arguments and i hope this article is a little bit more published in gb or wherever to get more like this :)
Old 11-20-2006, 05:00 PM
Aristocracy

nice story

this was a very nice story on sophie.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney00
i hope this article is a little bit more published in gb or wherever to get more like this :)
It won't make any difference, IMO, Sophie and Edward are very low profile compared to Charles, Camilla, Anne and Andrew. A lot in the UK remember her using the royal connection in that interview and Edward, being the only person who broke the agreement regarding William.

I don't remember reading that the Queen had given an opinion that Sophie and Edward were the only ones to get it right. if she thought they were, perhaps it is because she admitted to herself, that this was the one relationship, nobody else 'had a hand' in encouraging or wrecking. A few mothers never see any wrong in what the youngest member of the family does.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:26 PM
Aristocracy

The Court Circular mentioned the Countess of Wessex was in Toronto on the 21st of November but I have heard no news or seen any pics has anybody else?
Old 11-22-2006, 06:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Autism school has royal approval

The autistic students who attend the New Haven Learning Centre for Children are "the fortunate few," Sophie, Countess of Wessex, said yesterday after touring the school.
The countess, who is the wife of the Queen's youngest son, Edward, Earl of Wessex, is the Toronto school's patron.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:25 PM
Courtier

Picture of Sophie (and yes they got her title wrong)

http://www.thestar.com/images/thesta..._sofie_gal.jpg

Map for the British Royals
Old 11-22-2006, 04:34 PM
Aristocracy

wow they wrote princess and sofie.
nice both wrong. is that so difficult?? -.-. they get money for writing that!
@skydragon: nice to be informed. well, i don't know what the british think about them. i think here they don't remeber it too much, because there are so many stories to read about every one and so many aren t true.
well sad if they do so anyway. it is not fair, but what is fair at all
Old 11-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Sophie's style

The Countess of Wessex is no red carpet diva. The wife of Britain’s Prince Edward exhibited more substance than style during her visit to Toronto this week.

Gallery of pictures.

Closed Thread

Tags
countess of wessex, earl of wessex, prince edward, sophie