Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 11: September 2006-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice article and so true. The Countess has become a wonderful ambassadress for the BRF.

I agree that Sophie is one of the royal family's best ambassaders. Of course she's been very wise to learn from the mistakes of the other royals. She has been given probably more help than either Princess Diana or The Duchess of York received. Plus I do believe that Sophie and Edward really do love each. As I believe Sara and the Duke of York do. Sara just had a very difficult time adapting to royal life.

what a nice article- finally after so many bad ones :( but of course, they always have to remind us all which mistakes she has done. i don t think it is really fair to write it again and again in detail. isn t it enough to write she s hard working? nope- not for the medias, even 5 years later -.-
but the article has its positive arguments and i hope this article is a little bit more published in gb or wherever to get more like this :)

sydney00 said:
i hope this article is a little bit more published in gb or wherever to get more like this :)

It won't make any difference, IMO, Sophie and Edward are very low profile compared to Charles, Camilla, Anne and Andrew. A lot in the UK remember her using the royal connection in that interview and Edward, being the only person who broke the agreement regarding William.

I don't remember reading that the Queen had given an opinion that Sophie and Edward were the only ones to get it right. if she thought they were, perhaps it is because she admitted to herself, that this was the one relationship, nobody else 'had a hand' in encouraging or wrecking. A few mothers never see any wrong in what the youngest member of the family does.

The Court Circular mentioned the Countess of Wessex was in Toronto on the 21st of November but I have heard no news or seen any pics has anybody else?

Autism school has royal approval

The autistic students who attend the New Haven Learning Centre for Children are "the fortunate few," Sophie, Countess of Wessex, said yesterday after touring the school.
The countess, who is the wife of the Queen's youngest son, Edward, Earl of Wessex, is the Toronto school's patron.

wow they wrote princess and sofie.
nice both wrong. is that so difficult?? -.-. they get money for writing that!
@skydragon: nice to be informed. well, i don't know what the british think about them. i think here they don't remeber it too much, because there are so many stories to read about every one and so many aren t true.
well sad if they do so anyway. it is not fair, but what is fair at all

Sophie's style

The Countess of Wessex is no red carpet diva. The wife of Britain’s Prince Edward exhibited more substance than style during her visit to Toronto this week.

Gallery of pictures.

sophie look really absolutly beautifu! thanks avalon for the gallery.

Thanks for the gallery of pics. Sophie really suits the long coats. They are very slimming.

Thanks for the gallery, Avalon. The Countess has recycled almost the outfits she wore from last year Christmas and this year, but she was still able to manage a good look, she just looked really stunning!

I agree! The Countess looks lovely; very elegant!
Isn't it wonderful to see HRH receiving such positive press? It's about time!

Avalon said:
Sophie's style

The Countess of Wessex is no red carpet diva. The wife of Britain’s Prince Edward exhibited more substance than style during her visit to Toronto this week.

Gallery of pictures.

This might seem like a weird question, but do the RF members get new outfits when they travel about in their duties? Or, do they have many outfits during the year? Does anyone have any idea about this or heard anything about their clothing?:)

well i think they just buy new thinks when they want to. but she obviously chose to take older fashion with her because she has some of them already worn through the year. for example this silver jacket. i think it was the garden party when she wore it ...not sure.. but in any case on an opening whenshe got a tinkerbell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Senior female members of the royal family are the only one who receive clothing and upkeep allowances - as far as I know only Camilla is on the list. She received such an allowance for her trip to the United States and recently to India.
The Countess of Wessex doesn't get the upkeep allowance. Her clothing, hats and hair styles have to come out of her own pocket. So I would think that she keeps a budget of some sort and only shops for special occassions - and this year has had several. Her personal assistant will see to such stuff and will also shuffle her outfits so that it doesn't look like she is constantly rewearing clothings. So of course we always tend to remember a good or horrid frock.

I was wondering if anyone caught the interview with Prince Edward on Carte Blanche, Sunday night. It was quiet interesting.
I will be putting a transcript online soon.
I'm surprise that the British press hasn't jumped on it. Prince Edward was asked if been in line for the Duke of Edinburgh title give him a special responsiblity with the Awards in the future.
Prince Edward replied, "yes, If they haven't thrown me out by then, it is a possiblity."
The thing is - was he refering to the DOE Awards or the British Royal Family?

Doesn't look like I have to put the transcipt up at all - here it is in its full form.
http://www.carteblanche.co.za/Display/Display.asp?Id=3230

Last edited:
LOL but why should they throw him out of the RF, you know i dont think they will trow him out of the DOEA but, i think he refered to it, what do you think? well hard to say but it sounds more logical, i think. and thanks for the link!

mh i read it again.. and well it 's really strange with: if they don't throw me out, but let'S wait what you all say?
and i ve got a question? he says sophie is involved "absolutely"?? what does he mean by that? because maybe she accompanies him but does she do anything for the award?
sweet, that maybe louise will take part ;)

You know there just might be something in what he has said. It is no secret that Charles wants the British Royals to resemble the European monarchies where it is generally only the King and Queen and their offspring who are considered to be the Royal Family. I read somewhere that he intends to be brutal in freezing out other members of the family from performing royal duties and that apart from Camilla; his sons; Princess Anne and Princess Alexandra (whom he is exceptionally close to and respects enormously) there won't be a role for the rest when he becomes King.

Well, if he doesn't restrict the royal family strictly by precedence, it's going to look bad. If he decides to let one sibling or second cousin continue to do royal duties but not others, it'll really cause people to talk and he shouldn't be surprised when it does. To keep Anne but not Andrew or Edward, or Alexandra but not the Dukes of Kent or Gloucester, in the family doing royal duties would be ridiculous. Sure, if he wants to adopt a situation where royals stop being royal when they're no longer the children or grandchildren of the present monarch, that's fair enough. But it should apply across the board without cherry-picking favourites. I can't believe he'd be naive enough to think he could get away with it. I wonder how authoritative that report is.

I don't it is that legitmate. Most of these type of stories had Beatrice and Eugenie being demoted to Ladies when they turn 18, and that isn't going to happen unless they want it to.

I think it was just his British sense of humour, which is why the British press havn't picked up on it. It was supposed to be a joke! :flowers:

Skydragon said:
I think it was just his British sense of humour, which is why the British press havn't picked up on it. It was supposed to be a joke! :flowers:

Oh, absolutely, Skydragon. It was a typical royal self-deprecating comment. No more to be taken seriously than The Queen's comment one time that she felt so seasick she thought she might have to abdicate.

angela said:
You know there just might be something in what he has said. It is no secret that Charles wants the British Royals to resemble the European monarchies where it is generally only the King and Queen and their offspring who are considered to be the Royal Family. I read somewhere that he intends to be brutal in freezing out other members of the family from performing royal duties and that apart from Camilla; his sons; Princess Anne and Princess Alexandra (whom he is exceptionally close to and respects enormously) there won't be a role for the rest when he becomes King.

I wonder if he must disdain his brothers and their children. You don't really hear or read about them being invited to his & Cam's garden parties etc.:)

I wonder if he must disdain his brothers and their children. You don't really hear or read about them being invited to his & Cam's garden parties etc.:)

mh probably they are automatically invited, aren t they? i mean if other members are invited they are, too?

Not that I agree with him but I don't see who's going to stop Prince Charles doing things the way he wants when he becomes King. I think he has very set ideas about how he wants things to be and just can't wait to get started. I suspect that one of the reasons Princess Anne would keep her role in the family is that he wouldn't dare mess around with her as I think she is a lady to be reckoned with but I think Andrew, Edward and the rest would find in more difficult to challenge him.

I think Prince Charles does things to suit himself not the monarchy. He wants to scale down the monarchy but not his own extravagant lifestyle. Then there is the whole idea put forward at the time of the wedding to Camilla that she would be known as "Princess Consort" of which there is no such thing. I think Andrew and even Edward will challenge him because imho, he has already weakened himself before becoming king. Sorry to offend anyone.
:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom