Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 1: February-September 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Polfoto 22-07-2003 The Earl ans Countess of Wesssex at a garden party held at Buckingham Palace, London. Wednesday 22nd July 2003 PA Photo:Kirsty Wigglesworth /Rota

Attachments

• garden_party_22.jpg
    garden_party_22.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 281
  • garden_party_22a.jpg
    garden_party_22a.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
they are so cute togather
I like that she dressed up so nicley at the charity garden party
not cover her self up to much

I found out the wessexes got kick out at madame tussauds said Sophie is dull!

i had no idea! i think in mirror newspaper search for it! people said wessexes is bored! because not popular people. Many people like as Princess Diana and Queen mother and member of Royal Family too and also will include apply for Prince William in Madame Tussads soon! i read in mirror said that! I never see Prince William in Madame Tussads in England before i think its Canada ?

Sara Boyce

The Countess of Wessex, as Patron of 'VISION 2020, The Right to Sight', visits the charity's London Headquarters to attend a briefing by senior management of VISION 2002 at The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.

Attachments

• sophie1.jpg
    sophie1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 304
  • sophie2.jpg
    sophie2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 266
  • sophie3.jpg
    sophie3.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 266
  • sophie4.jpg
    sophie4.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 267
  • sophie5.jpg
    sophie5.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 292
  • sophie6.jpg
    sophie6.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 308
Last edited by a moderator:
1-4.www.rexfeatures.com - Sophie, Countess of Wessex visiting The Vision 2020 headquarters, London, Britain, 30 July 2003.

5,6.Polfoto 06-08-2003 The Earl and Countess of Wessex arrive for the National Youth Orchestra of Scotland Prom concert at London's Royal Albert Hall, Wednesday 6th August 2003. PA Photo : Matthew Fearn

Attachments

• 5423412f.jpg
    5423412f.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 221
  • 890.jpg
    890.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 202
  • 5423412g.jpg
    5423412g.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 193
  • 5423412d.jpg
    5423412d.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 190
  • 900.jpg
    900.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 226
  • 311.jpg
    311.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 179
I came across the following in the mail section of Royal Insight for August. It lists HRH The Countess of Wessex as having been given the Royal Family Order. Does anyone know when she received it, as it must have been quite recently. (Would it have been roughly the same time that The Earl received his KCVO? Or is it an error?)

http://www.royalinsight.gov.uk/output/Page2496.asp
The Royal Family Order is personally bestowed by the Sovereign. The Queen herself wears the Family Orders of her father King George VI and her grandfather King George V. Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester, has those of King George V, King George VI and The Queen. Princess Alexandra has those of King George VI and The Queen. Those who wear that of The Queen only are The Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal, The Duchess of Gloucester and The Duchess of Kent.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Cheers

Davo

1.Polfoto 17-08-2003 - The Countess of Wessex and General Sir Michael Gow arrive in Edinburgh's Holyrood Park, Scotland to take the salute at Beating Retreat performed by the Massed Pipes and Drums of the British Leigon Scotland.

2,Polfoto 17-08-2003 The Earl and Countess of Wessex arrive in Edinburgh's Holyrood Park, Scotland, to take the salute at Beating Retreat performed by the Massed Pipes and Drums of the British Leigon Scotland.

3,4.Polfoto 17-08-2003 The Countess of Wessex arrives in Edinburgh`s Holyrood Park, Edinburgh, Scotland, to take the salute at Beating Retreat performed by the Massed Pipes and Drums of the British Leigon Scotland.

Attachments

• ch064305.JPG
    ch064305.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 207
  • ch064306.JPG
    ch064306.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 213
  • ch064307.JPG
    ch064307.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 201
  • ch064304.JPG
    ch064304.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 214
From www.hellomagazine.com:

STYLISH SOPHIE STEPS OUT IN SCOTLAND

18 AUGUST 2003
Five months' pregnant Sophie Wessex was pretty in pink at her husband's side on Sunday as the royal couple visited Edinburgh's Holyrood Park.

Prince Edward, clad in a grey kilt, and his 37-year-old wife were on hand to take the salute at Beating Retreat, performed by the Massed Pipes and Drums of the British Legion.

The Queen's daughter-in-law was radiant on the special occasion, as her husband watched over her with a caring eye. Due to give birth in December, Sophie opted for a brightly-coloured outfit which somewhat camouflaged her growing bump – a fucshia knee-length dress with matching overcoat.

Edward and Sophie, who were spotted in the French Riviera over the weekend, now have a break in their official duties until September 2, when the Earl of Wessex is expected to tour Orkney. After ten days of engagements in Britain, the Prince will set off for a solo Luxembourg visit while Sophie remains in the UK.

you know Countess of Wessex is 38 year old not 37 year old! she near 40's ! i read Hello article said that! i read it! maybe Hello got wrong it! (OOPS) :eek: :huh:

Sara Boyce

Sophie looks famous clothes because she makes creatives hats and clothes than Princess Diana and Sarah,Duchess of York i like her clothes and hats and also evening dress looks famous!

Sara Boyce

She didn't wear the sherbert outfit to the trooping the colour. She wore it to ascot one year. I think her wedding dress was pretty, but just not fitted properly.

The outfit above the sherbert suit was worn to the Order of the Garter Ceremony in 2002. The sherbert outfit was worn to ascot one year.

If Prince Charles did take out a PR campaign against the Earl and Countess of Wessex, i haven't heard about it. I think they are getting on now that the Earl and Countess quit their jobs and are full working royals. I think that Sophie is becoming the very essence of style. Her clothes and hats are so amazing. She is much more stylish than she was when she first got married.

I doubt the fact that Royal Insight said the Countess of Wessex recieved the family order was an error seing that that is the official website of the Royal Family. She probably recieved it during the Queen's 50th anniversary of the Coronation Honors. For the 50th anniversary of the Coronation, she gave honors to members of the royal family. Andrew, Edward, and Michael of Kent recieved the Royal Victorian Order. Alexandra recieved the Order of the Garter. Sophie must have recieved her family order along with the rest. It has been 4 years since her marriage.

My word, Edward's plaid pants were ugly! :woot: Who chooses his wardrobe? And who chose his wardrobe on that particular day? My word..blasphemy!

I think in the early years of her marriage, Sophie was her own worst enemy. She used members of the royal family to get ahead in her business. In other words, she was a name dropper.
She started to get along with the rest of the royal family only after disengaging herself from her business. She looks so much happier now.
Look back on April 2001 - Sunday newspapers featuring comments made by Sophie about members of the royal family. Now, I know that she did talk to the newspapers, but I cannot recall exactly what she said.
www.rexfeatures.com

Attachments

• 334863d.jpeg
    334863d.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 269
You can tell she is much much much happier. I think the family excepts her as one of their own and loves her. A sign of this is when the Queen gave her the royal family order this year. I read it on the official British Monarchy website this month.

Yes, I think she is so well-liked compared to Diana or Fergie because she behaves so much better. I mean, Diana had affairs, Fergie had affairs, they both got divorced from their husbands. Meanwhile, Sophie has been steadfast/loyal to Edward.

Really? I hadn't heard that Sophie was so well liked compared to Diana or Fergie. By whom?

Maybe the queen has learned from her past mistakes and is trying a little more to treat Sophie like a human being.

well!

Sophie never been had affair! since she married to Edward in 1999.

But Diana had 2 or 3 affairs she had James and Oliver, Ruby player and Fergie had 1 affair Texas Billionaire the newspaper snap the billionaire who kissed Sarah's 'Fergie' her foot! in Talboids in whole England and magazine! but Prince Andrew never knew it! they later i found out Diana kissed James in People magazine but Queen unacceptable about daughter-in-law had affairs! but Her Majesty never knew it!

I read Diana's biographer said she had 3 affairs and Fergie had one too! but Sophie none! when Princess Diana's mother had affair when Diana was little girls her mom was away with another man then her dad won custody with four children! Diana's parents got divorces in 1968's

Prince Edward and Sophie been trusted married in years but both never been affair with another people! none!

Sara Boyce

I understand. The royal family like Sophie more than Diana and Fergie. This is very understandable.

Originally posted by A.C.C.@Aug 31st, 2003 - 7:10 am
I understand. The royal family like Sophie more than Diana and Fergie. This is very understandable.
It's probably safe to say that if Prince Edward Ignored Sophie in addition to flaunting his mistress under her nose, that Sophie would find love and comfort with another man too.

Maybe it would be more accurate to say that Prince Charles and Fergie behaved like uncivilized animals, while Prince Edward and Sophie are able to show mutual respect towards each other.

There is no reason to make Diana's behavior equivalent to that of Fergie's infidelity. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by thissal+Aug 30th, 2003 - 9:49 pm--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (thissal @ Aug 30th, 2003 - 9:49 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--A.C.C.@Aug 31st, 2003 - 7:10 am
I understand.  The royal family like Sophie more than Diana and Fergie.  This is very understandable.
It's probably safe to say that if Prince Edward Ignored Sophie in addition to flaunting his mistress under her nose, that Sophie would find love and comfort with another man too.

Maybe it would be more accurate to say that Prince Charles and Fergie behaved like uncivilized animals, while Prince Edward and Sophie are able to show mutual respect towards each other.

There is no reason to make Diana's behavior equivalent to that of Fergie's infidelity. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
no way!

sophie had another man! she not tell her husband!

when i read late Princess Diana's book said she had 3 affairs she had James and Oliver, Rugby player im not sure what rugby player name is! and also Diana got kissed to James in People magazine when her mother had affair with another man when Diana was little girls her father won with custody of 4 children her mom lost it!

Sarah, Duchess of York had one affair with Tex-Billionaire when he suck with her toes then found out in the newspaper many people read and people magazine also!

im honest about that story but i never heard that Sophie had another man before! but Queen never knew it!

Sara Boyce

Sarah, Duchess of York had one affair with Tex-Billionaire when he suck with her toes
Wasnt the the toesucker someone named Bryant (John maybe?) and Steve the texas bilionaire was the dark haired man she met on holiday in Marocco? or I am wrong?

Originally posted by Yennie@Aug 31st, 2003 - 4:57 am
Sarah, Duchess of York had one affair with Tex-Billionaire when he suck with her toes
Wasnt the the toesucker someone named Bryant (John maybe?) and Steve the texas bilionaire was the dark haired man she met on holiday in Marocco? or I am wrong?
I think John who been affair with Sarah, Duchess of York because he suck her toes in 1992 but the photographer snap it! and her kids bring also!

but Princess Diana got worse by 3 affairs than her mom had one! when her mom had affair with another man but her father won with custody of four children because her mom not! her parents got divorces in 1968 when Diana was little girl.Then later Princess Diana got kissed by James Hewitt but the photographer snap but both only she not bring boys! I read People magazine i saw it! that embrassment!

but Her Majesty the Queen never knew Princess Diana had 3 affairs.

then later Prince Charles told Diana please bring boys but she refused but Prince Charles order separates then annoucement by December 1992 but she told her boys about her parents got separate! but the Wales had no plans to divorces then later the Wales got divorces in 1996.

Prince Andrew and Sarah,Duchess of York got separate because approve of newspaper of another man who suck her toes! both got separate in 1992 same Prince Charles and Princess of Wales then both got divorces in 1996 same Wales.

then later after Princess Diana had affairs and Sarah,Duchess of York's affairs but Prince Edward had girlfriend looklike as Princess Diana but its Sophie-Rhys Jones then both got annoucement engagement at Buckingham Palace its tradition then later both got married!

please you understand about that story!

Sara Boyce

Yea, but can you honestly say that the Queen liked Diana or Fergie? Eh? Diana was one of the most popular members of the royal family. Fergie was never really liked, she was just that red-headed girl who tagged along with Andrew and mothered Beatrice and Eugenie. Phillip seemed to disdain both of them. I think they put a public facade with Sophie, make them think they like her more. Arrrrgh, crazy royals. :yuk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom