Earl and Countess of Wessex Current Events 1: February-September 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sohpie and Edward seemed such a nice couple. Why would the PR campain of Prince Charles do things against Sophie and Edward since they are brothers?

Sophie's hair looks different thans one !

I like her style hats more different than Princess Diana

Sara Boyce

I think that Sophie's wedding dress is my favorite of the Royal Brides. An exception would be that it doesn't seem to be "fitted" very well. At times it seemed baggy in the shoulder and neckline area. I remember thinking this after seeing the wedding photos after their marriage.

Did anyone else think the same thing?

Peace. Zara

Originally posted by Zara@Jun 6th, 2003 - 7:20 pm
I think that Sophie's wedding dress is my favorite of the Royal Brides. An exception would be that it doesn't seem to be "fitted" very well. At times it seemed baggy in the shoulder and neckline area. I remember thinking this after seeing the wedding photos after their marriage.

Did anyone else think the same thing?

Peace. Zara
You know that i like Princess Diana's dresses that my favourite dress if i got married i will choose Famous Princess Diana's designer like as Emmauel who makes for Diana's wedding in 1981 or I will choose St Tropez best dresses or England will more BEST !

I think Sophie's dress looks lovely too im not sure what her train ? think 5 feet or 10 feet ? i watch her tapes unsaid training ! its her secret designer from Samatha who makes for her wedding Samatha who lifts her trains from Queens's limo that very bad influence for HELP! like Countess of Wessex's friends same designer make for her friend's wedding ! i not like to help from Countess of Wessex's designer to make my dress for my wedding ! that my ruled !

Sara Boyce

What I like on Princess Sophie's dresses are that it has nice cuts. Her dress during the Infamous Trooping of Colors though look colorful yet it really looked like a "popcicle" :blush: I like her hats because she has different styles not just the ordinary hats royals are wearing. Creative and has a lot of style.

I like Princess Diana's dress Sara but I am not the "pouffy" type of girl. LOL.... Princess Diana and Prince Charles were married a couple weeks after my ex-husband. My ex and I were in the Army stationed at Fort Hood Texas and took off a Monday afternoon to drive to Belton Texas to get married. In blue jeans (nice ones of course) and I wore a white cami top and little jacket with lace and blue ribbon. Our car overheated on our way back to post and we ended up having our "wedding dinner" at a Dairy Queen while waiting for the car to cool down. I should have known the marriage was doomed from the start. LOL.....Our son was born a couple of months after Prince William and like William and Harry he is a tall (6'4") strawberry blond. His name is Rian (Irish for "little king").

Originally posted by Zara@Jun 9th, 2003 - 8:54 pm
I like Princess Diana's dress Sara but I am not the "pouffy" type of girl. LOL.... Princess Diana and Prince Charles were married a couple weeks after my ex-husband. My ex and I were in the Army stationed at Fort Hood Texas and took off a Monday afternoon to drive to Belton Texas to get married. In blue jeans (nice ones of course) and I wore a white cami top and little jacket with lace and blue ribbon. Our car overheated on our way back to post and we ended up having our "wedding dinner" at a Dairy Queen while waiting for the car to cool down. I should have known the marriage was doomed from the start. LOL.....Our son was born a couple of months after Prince William and like William and Harry he is a tall (6'4") strawberry blond. His name is Rian (Irish for "little king").
that true!

The Countess of Wessex's wedding dress who chose Samatha for her wedding in summer 1999 she liked to help! the designer lifts her training! that crazy! why not she get out of LIMO! that not my choice same her friend who chose same designer before !

I like Princess Diana's famous designer when she married in 1981 she choose 25 feet more famous many people look her train than Sophie's train ! Princess Diana choose Elizabeth Emmauel and David Emmauel both wife and husband designer make for her wedding in 1981 her wedding dress got kept sakes in Althorp where Princess Diana's burial. If you makes image of her pictures in 1981 please you favor ?

Sara Boyce

www.ibl.se - June 10, 2003 - Prince Edward visiting showcaves and a dinosaur park.

www.ibl.se - (Meanwhile) June 10, 2003 - Sophie, Countess of Wessex is at Pennywell Farm, near Buckfastleigh, Devon, Britain.

Attachments

• edward_a.jpg
    edward_a.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 307
  • sophie_a.jpg
    sophie_a.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 327
  • yellow.jpg
    yellow.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 295
  • sophie_c.jpg
    sophie_c.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 225
  • horse.jpg
    horse.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 309
  • sophie_b.jpg
    sophie_b.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 246
  • edward_motor.jpg
    edward_motor.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 261
  • edward_b.jpg
    edward_b.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 275
  • edward_c.jpg
    edward_c.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 272
Last edited by a moderator:
I do hope the marriage of the Earl and C ountess of Wessex will last. It seems to be more solid than that of his sibs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk

Countess is girlguides new president

The Countess of Wessex is to become the new president of Girlguiding UK, a post previously held by the late Princess Margaret.
Her role will include chairing the council of Girlguiding UK, presenting members with the Queen's Guide Award, and certain informal duties.

The countess's appointment continues the long association between the Royal Family and Girlguiding UK.

The Queen is a loyal supporter and patron of the organisation, as was the Queen Mother.

'Thrilled'

The Countess, who is expecting a baby in December, was recently introduced to Chief Guide Jenny Leach and other members of the organisation at Buckingham Palace.

Ms Leach said: "We are thrilled that the Countess of Wessex has agreed to be our president.

"With her appointment, we secure a combination of both continuity and looking to the future for Girlguiding UK."

Sophie Wessex, who has been a Brownie herself, takes over the presidency following the death of Princess Margaret in February last year.

Princess Margaret, who had been a Brownie, Guide and Ranger, was president for 37 years.

Girlguiding UK, formerly known as the Guide Association, is Britain's largest voluntary organisation for girls and young women, with 620,000 members.

www.hello.com - A picture to go along with the story posted by Josefine. Sophie with a Brownie and a Girl Guide.

Attachments

• wessex_dop1a.jpg
    wessex_dop1a.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 327
Happy Anniversary to the Earl and Countess of Wessex who on their wedding anniversary on June 19, 1999.

The couple never divorces ! both still married POWER! the Countess Sophie of Wessex who currently pregnant 3 month will be due in December.

Please spread the pics from past of engagement and wedding pics too and also before pre-wedding pics please show it ! and after wedding the couple been away for tour gets pics show it when couple been away ! i want couple to remind it !

Sara Boyce

www.hello.com - 25 JUNE 2003

Prince Edward Makes His Pitch in Canada

The Queen's youngest son has demonstrated his sporting prowess by stepping up to the plate in a major league baseball match in Toronto. Prince Edward, who is currently touring Canada, was granted the honour of making the first pitch of the season.

He was greeted by roars of applause from thousands of fans as he stepped out to start the game, which saw the Toronto Blue Jays take on the Baltimore Orioles.

But the 39-year-old's skills may be somewhat lacking, according to baseball experts. Professional players use a powerful sidearm throw so as to achieve maximum speed, but Edward's slow overarm effort owed rather more to a certain British sport, from which the American game is derived.

Nobody was complaining about the prince's lack of baseball ability, however. After all, it's just not cricket.

Attachments

• edward_pitch.jpg
    edward_pitch.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 305
  • edward_a.jpg
    edward_a.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 227
  • edward_b.jpg
    edward_b.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Prince Edward throw the ball to players that nice !

its honour when he visit Canada because he missed Prince William's 21st birthday last weekend his pregnant wife Sophie attend to the party !

most Royal Family always visited Canada same Prince and Princess of Wales visit in 1983, Duke and Duchess visit and mostly Queen visit Canada and also Queen Mother too. In 1998 I don't believe it the screaming girls going near the about 15 year old Prince William he shy! after Diana's death i do believe it !

please make add the pictures who attended Canada years ago and also Earl and Countess of Wessex too in Canada same its real traditional !

Sara Boyce

I got Hello Magazine today i read of Countess of Wessex's pregnant bump coming ! but Prince Edward said his wife disobey! they Countess of Wessex said will be careful! the couple gets in the boat ! its hot day! if you wants to add show pictures of her ?

I remind of late Princess Diana got in boat before Prince William was born in 1982 she pregnant by Spring 1982 ! its same pictures ! if you want to show it !

Sara Boyce

Royals At Hampton Court Flower Show

July 7, 2003 Hampton, Surrey, United Kingdom --- 7/7/03, HAMPTON, SURREY, UNITED KINGDOM --- Happily showing signs of her pregnancy Sophie, Countess of Wessex, enjoying an early evening tour of the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show organised by the Royal Horticultural Society. It is the largest annual flower show in the world attracting over 185,000 visitors. --- Photo by Tim Graham/Corbis Sygma

July 7, 2003 Hampton, England, United Kingdom --- Happily showing signs of her pregnancy Sophie, Countess of Wessex, joins her husband, Prince Edward, for an early evening tour of the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show organised by the Royal Horticultural Society. It is the largest annual flower show in the world attracting over 185,000 visitors.

July 7, 2003 Hampton, England, United Kingdom --- Happily showing signs of her pregnancy Sophie, Countess of Wessex, arriving for an early evening tour of the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show organised by the Royal Horticultural Society. It is the largest annual flower show in the world attracting over 185,000 visitors.

July 7, 2003 Hampton, England, United Kingdom --- Happily showing signs of her pregnancy Sophie, Countess of Wessex, arriving for an early evening tour of the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show organised by the Royal Horticultural Society. It is the largest annual flower show in the world attracting over 185,000 visitors.

July 7, 2003 Hampton, England, United Kingdom --- Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, arriving for an early evening tour of the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show organised by the Royal Horticultural Society. It is the largest annual flower show in the world attracting over 185,000 visitors.

July 7, 2003 Hampton, England, United Kingdom --- Happily showing signs of her pregnancy Sophie, Countess of Wessex, joins her husband, Prince Edward, for an early evening tour of the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show organised by the Royal Horticultural Society. It is the largest annual flower show in the world attracting over 185,000 visitors.

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 224
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 261
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 220
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 218
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 220
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 218
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 267
www.ibl.se - Mandatory Credit: Photo By TIM ROOKE/REX FEATURES SOPHIE COUNTESS OF WESSEX AND PRINCE EDWARD CHARITY GALA EVENING AT HAMPTON COURT FLOWER SHOW, LONDON, BRITAIN - 7 JUL 2003 PREGNANT 421172/ROO

Attachments

• ed_soph.jpg
    ed_soph.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 302
  • edward_a.jpg
    edward_a.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 276
  • ed_soph_a.jpg
    ed_soph_a.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 293
  • great_b.jpg
    great_b.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 259
  • great_c.jpg
    great_c.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 281
  • great_a.jpg
    great_a.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
The Countess Of Wessex looks very happy, and very elegant in the lilac outfit. :)

www.ibl.se - Mandatory Credit: Photo By TIM ROOKE/REX FEATURES PRINCE EDWARD AND SOPHIE COUNTESS OF WESSEX PRINCE EDWARD AND SOPHIE COUNTESS OF WESSEX AT A GALA PERFORMANCE BY THE CENTRAL SCHOOL OF BALLET, BLOOMSBURY THEATRE, LONDON, BRITAIN - 09 JUL 2003 421439/ROO

Attachments

• ed_soph_1.jpg
    ed_soph_1.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 295
  • sophie_a.jpg
    sophie_a.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 286
  • sophie_b.jpg
    sophie_b.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
Polfoto 15-07-2003 Countess of Wessex leaves Frimley Park Hospital in Frimley, Surrey, after having opened the new Patient Resource Centre inside the hospital. Sophie and her husband Edward are expecting their baby in December. * The baby will be the Queen's seventh grandchild and will be eighth in line to the throne. The Countess suffered the trauma of an ectopic pregnancy in 2001 when she underwent a two-and-a-half-hour operation to remove the foetus from a fallopian tube.

Attachments

• sophie_1.jpg
    sophie_1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 180
  • sophie_2.jpg
    sophie_2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 193
  • sophie_3.jpg
    sophie_3.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 194
Polfoto 17-07-2003 A pregnant Countess of Wessex holds onto her hat at the Duke of Edinburgh's Awards Garden party at Buckingham Palace, central London.

Attachments

• sophie_1.jpg
    sophie_1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 233
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 169
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
I knew she same year ago she fell her hat ! whoosh! the man take her hat give to her i read in British magazine i said oh my lord! i hope she will catch her hat ! like Princess Diana she hold hat all the times !

Sara Boyce

Polfoto 19-07-2003 (dpa) - British Prince Edward stands underneath a circle of lights at the regional state centre for culture at the start of the Schleswig-Holstein Music Festival in Salzau, Germany, 19 July 2003. Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex and Queen Elizabeth's youngst son delivered her greetings. The Queen is the patron of this year's festival which has a musical and thematic emphasis on Great Britain.

Attachments

• EN_edward_502.jpg
    EN_edward_502.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 213
  • EN_edward_502a.jpg
    EN_edward_502a.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
www.hello.com

Sophie Wessex Goes Glamourous on Royal Party Circuit

23 JULY 2003
Four months' pregnant Sophie Wessex followed the glamorous mum-to-be trend set by stars from Sarah Jessica Parker to Claudia Schiffer, donning a figure-hugging black halter dress for a charity garden party.

The 37-year-old royal was radiant in the floor-length gown as she mingled with guests at a weekend summer ball for children's hospital charity CHASE. In fact, her sparkling new look led to a case of mistaken identity after ITN newsreader Chris Rogers embraced her from behind and whispered, "Hello, sexy, you look gorgeous."

Chris apparently mistook the Queen's daughter-in-law for his pal Anthea Turner, who was hosting the event. Sophie, according to onlookers, took the incident "in good spirit" when she realised the error.

And Sophie was on hand for another unusual breach in protocol a couple of days later at the Queen's Buckingham Palace garden party on Tuesday.

As the Queen and members of the Royal Family, including the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Edinburgh, mingled with nearly 8,000 guests, a 17-year-old youth suddenly stripped off his clothes and streaked across the lawn towards the royal tea tent.

The teenager, who had a ticket for the event and was accompanied by his family, was stopped by a Beefeater and detained by police. Though the streaker reportedly was just ten metres from the Queen during his daring dash, a Scotland Yard spokesperson later said there was no breach of security and the Royal party and other guests were not at risk.

Attachments

• sophie_dop1a.jpg
    sophie_dop1a.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 313
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom