Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 9: March 2015-November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: We've been seeing a lot of Sophie and Louise lately! I presume they're not at Balmoral at the moment? I remember seeing photos of them in Edinburgh in late June/early July so they may have gone earlier this summer.

Oh Iceflower thanks, these are just great pictures of a wonderful day.

Louise is really beautiful ! Nice to see them both !

Not certain if I like this or not. Don't get me wrong it is great seeing Louise out and about -wished we saw more of James. But should she be really be at an official duty? She seemed a bit uncomfortable in the blue dress. Maybe she has an interest in the event - suppose we will never know?

:previous:

To me she didn't look uncomfortable, a matter of interpretation I guess. But I'm sure she had an interest in all of the latest events and attended by her own choice :flowers:

Here's an additional video:

Court Circular 7th August:
The Countess of Wessex, Colonel-in-Chief, Corps of Army Music, this afternoon held a Meeting.

Court Circular 9th August:
The Earl of Wessex, Patron, Edinburgh International Festival, and Patron, National Youth Orchestras of Scotland, this afternoon attended a Reception and Performance at Usher Hall, Lothian Road, Edinburgh, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of the City of Edinburgh (Councillor Francis Ross, the Rt. Hon. the Lord Provost).

I totally get how Lady Louise, as an emerging adolescent, may have expressed an interest in accompanying her mother on a walk-about. (Lady Louise comes across as a genuine, down-to-earth girl, naturally friendly and sincere, with a remarkable lack of self-consciousness for someone her age). There has been a lot of camera interest in Lady Louise since the Cambridge wedding and she clearly was charmed by the interest in her as a child. :flowers: But I am wondering if this just lends itself to future problems, like what seems to have happened with the York sisters. Just wondering what others think.

P.S. I think it's great of Sophie to include Louise at these events btw. Great parenting. :flowers:

I think a large part of the York sisters' problems is that a lot of people don't like their parents - one or both of them. Lady Louise doesn't have that problem. Her father has some nay sayers, not many, but her mother is pretty much universally admired as far as I can see. I too love seeing Lady Louise out and about especially accompanying her mother on engagements like this. It is great parenting.

Hmm - not too certain James is enjoying that. But I am happy to see Edward purposely spending time with him.

Hmm - not too certain James is enjoying that. But I am happy to see Edward purposely spending time with him.

James isn't enjoying the paparazzi taking pictures of him in the car. No surprise there. Your statement about Edward purposely spending time with his own son is an odd one. :whistling:

Sorry - not my intention - just that he is engaging in something that James is interested in doing. But yes - completely remove implication.

Last edited:
Court Circular 4th September:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this morning held a Meeting.

His Royal Highness, Honorary Member, the British and Commonwealth Fire Company Foundation "Fundacion 14", this afternoon attended a Reception to mark the Company's Sixtieth Anniversary at St. James's Palace.

The Earl of Wessex, Patron, the London Gardens Society, later toured winning gardens in the London Borough of Enfield and was received by Mrs. Ann Cable (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

His Royal Highness, Patron, Sport and Recreation Alliance, this evening attended a Dinner at Twickenham Stadium, Middlesex.

Court Circular 5th September:
The Earl of Wessex, Patron, the Tennis and Rackets Association, this morning held a Meeting.

His Royal Highness, Royal Honorary Colonel, this afternoon held a Meeting.

Court Circular 6th September:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation, this morning held a Meeting.

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation, this afternoon visited Wellington Real Tennis Club, Dukes Ride, Crowthorne, as part of The Earl of Wessex’s Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Real Tennis Tour and was received by Mr C Dodson (Deputy Lieutenant of the Royal County of Berkshire).

His Royal Highness, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, this evening attended a Dinner at Wellington College, Crowthorne.

The Countess of Wessex, Chairman, The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Women’s Network Forum, and Global Ambassador, 100 Women in Finance, this evening attended a Network Reception at the Institute of Directors, Pall Mall, London SW1.

Last edited:

Yesterday, September 6, the Countess of Wessex as Chairman of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award Women's Network Forum and Global Ambassador of 100 Women in Finance attended the Women in Banking and Finance Awards Alumni Network Event and Dinner in London:

** Pic ** photoperspective gallery **

Last edited:
Court Circular 10th September:
The Earl of Wessex this morning departed from Heathrow Airport, London, for the United States of America.

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation, this afternoon attended a Meeting at the Residence of Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the United States of America (His Excellency Sir Kim Darroch) in Washington DC.

Mr Timothy Roberts is in attendance.

Court Circular 11th September:
The Earl of Wessex this morning attended the Patriot Day Observance Ceremony at the Pentagon, 1400 Defence Pentagon, Arlington, Virginia, United States of America, and afterwards toured the Pentagon.

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation, today attended a Luncheon in McLean, Virginia.

The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation, this afternoon visited Prince’s Court, Washington DC International Tennis Club of Washington, 1800 Old Meadow Road, McLean, as part of His Royal Highness’s Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Real Tennis Tour.

The Earl of Wessex this evening attended a Reception given by Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the United States of America (His Excellency Sir Kim Darroch) at the residence in Washington DC to celebrate the Four Hundredth Anniversary of the founding of Virginia.

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation, afterwards attended a Dinner given by Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the United States of America.

The Countess of Wessex, President, Brainwave, this morning attended a Charity Trading Day at BGC Partners, 1 Churchill Place, London E14.

Her Royal Highness, Chairman, Women in Business Committee, The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, later held a Meeting at Buckingham Palace.

As Honorary President of Linking Environment And Farming Education the Countess of Wessex attended the LEAF Education Conference at The Farmschool in Harpenden, Hertfordshire, today, September 12:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Last edited:
Court Circular 12th September:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this afternoon visited the Racquet Club of Philadelphia, 215 South 16th Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America, as part of His Royal Highness's The Duke of Edinburgh's Award Real Tennis Tour.

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this evening attended a Dinner at the Philadelphia Club, 1301 Walnut Street, Philadelphia.

The Countess of Wessex, Honorary President, Linking Environment And Farming Education, this morning visited the Farmschool, Annables Farm, Annables Lane, Harpenden, for the Linking Environment And Farming Education Conference, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Hertfordshire (Mr. Robert Voss).

Her Royal Highness, Chairman, Women in Business Committee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, this afternoon attended a Meeting in Cumbria.

The Countess of Wessex, President, Westmorland County Agricultural Society Limited, this evening attended a Stewards' Supper at Westmorland County Showground, Lane Farm, Crooklands, Milnthorpe, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Cumbria (Mrs. Claire Hensman).

https://hrhcountessofwessex.blogspot.com/2018/09/leaf-education-conference-at-ian.html

Court Circular 13th September:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this morning visited Georgian Court University, 900 Lakewood Avenue, Lakewood, New Jersey, United States of America, as part of His Royal Highness's The Duke of Edinburgh's Award Real Tennis Tour.

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this afternoon attended a Lunch at Georgian Court University.

The Earl of Wessex this evening visited the Royal Heritage Society at Ormiston Mansion, 2000 Reservoir Drive, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, later attended a Dinner at the Philadelphia Outward Bound School, the Discovery Centre, 3259 Sedgely, Philadelphia.

The Countess of Wessex, President, Westmorland County Agricultural Society Limited, this morning attended Westmorland County Show, Lane Farm, Crooklands, Milnthorpe, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Cumbria (Mrs. Claire Hensman).

:previous:

The Countess of Wessex today also opened the Kensington Cancer Centre at BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital in Windsor and attended a Me2 Club Tea Party at Addington School in Reading.

** gettyimages gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom