Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 9: March 2015-November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Countess of Wessex attended the "NHS at 70 Service" at Westminster Abbey today, July 5:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: Thank you, NHS! Sophie Wessex joins medical workers and politicians marking the 70th anniversary of the health service ..**

And the Earl of Wessex held a reception for young people who have achieved the Gold Standard in the Duke of Edinburgh's Award at the Palace of Holyroodhouse:

** profimedia gallery **

Also as Trustee of the Duke of Edinburgh's Award he attended a lunch at RSM Offices in Edinburgh.

Last edited:

The Countess of Wessex attended the "NHS at 70 Service" at Westminster Abbey today, July 5:

How appropriate that Sophie attended this service as both she and Louise were treated at NHS hospitals (Frimley Park and St George's Tooting) when Sophie suffered an antepartum haemorrhage and needed an emergency caesarean.

It has been said that the treatment Sophie received saved her life. Even allowing for newspaper hyperbole, I'm sure the Wessex Family are grateful to the NHS every day.

Court Circular 2nd July:
(..)
His Royal Highness, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, this afternoon visited Garth Morrison Lodge, Fordell Firs Activity Centre, Hillend, Fife.

Here are some photos of the Earl of Wessex visiting Scout Adventures Fordell Firs and opening their new Tented Village on Monday:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** thirdforcenews article **

Also:

Court Circular 4th July:
Palace Of Holyroodhouse

The Queen gave an Afternoon Party in the garden of the Palace of Holyroodhouse.
The Duke of York and The Earl of Wessex were present.

Court Circular 5th July:
Buckingham Palace

The Countess of Wessex, Colonel-in-Chief, The South Alberta Light Horse, this afternoon held a Meeting at Buckingham Palace.

Court Circular 9th July:
Buckingham Palace

The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation, this morning visited Fairlawne Real Tennis Court, Fairlawne Estate, as part of His Royal Highness’s The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Real Tennis Tour and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord Lieutenant of Kent (Viscount De L’Isle).

Court Circular 10th July:
Buckingham Palace
The Earl and Countess of Wessex this afternoon attended a Reception to mark the Centenary of the Royal Air Force at Horse Guards Parade.

Their Royal Highnesses, Founders, Wessex Youth Trust, later held a Meeting.

The Queen was present at a Service in Westminster Abbey this morning to celebrate the Centenary of the Royal Air Force and was received at the Great West Gate by the Dean (the Very Reverend Dr John Hall) and, at the Great West Door, by the Chapter, the Archbishop of Canterbury, the Chaplain-in-Chief, Royal Air Force (the Venerable Jonathan Chaffey) and the Chief of the Air Staff (Air Chief Marshal
Sir Stephen Hillier).
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, The Duke of York, The Earl and Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, The Duke of Kent, Prince and Princess Michael of Kent and Princess Alexandra, the Hon Lady Ogilvy were also present.

Last edited:

Today, July 11, the Earl of Wessex as Chancellor of the University of Bath attended the Degree Congregations at the University of Bath:

** Arrival photo **

Court Circular 11th July:
Buckingham Palace

The Earl of Wessex, Chancellor, University of Bath, today presided at Degree Congregations at Komedia, 22-23 Westgate Street, Bath, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Somerset (Mrs Richard Maw).

His Royal Highness, Chancellor, University of Bath, this evening attended a Dinner at the Victorian Art Gallery, Bridge Street, Bath.

Court Circular 12th July:
Buckingham Palace

The Earl of Wessex, Chancellor, University of Bath, today presided at Degree Congregations at the Komedia, 22-23 Westgate Street, Bath.

Yesterday, July 13, the Earl of Wessex as President of Creative Youth attended the International Youth Arts Festival performance of "Dance Futures" at the Rose Theatre in Kingston upon Thames:

** Pic **

Today, July 16, the Earl of Wessex as Chairman of the Board of Trustees of The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation visited Prested Hall in Feering, Colchester, Essex, in celebration of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award Real Tennis Tour 2018. In the evening he attended a dinner in connection with the Duke of Edinburgh's Award also at Prested Hall:

** Pic ** Prested Hall fb gallery **

Court Circular 17th July:
The Earl of Wessex, Patron, Bristol, Clifton and West of England Zoological Society Limited, today received Dr. Bryan Carroll upon relinquishing his appointment as Chief Executive Officer and Dr. Justin Morris upon assuming the appointment.

His Royal Highness, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, this afternoon held a Meeting.

The Earl of Wessex, Commodore-in-Chief, Royal Fleet Auxiliary, later held a Meeting.

Thank you for the pictures! Lady Louise has grown up so much the past year! I was wondering if the vest Lady Louise has on is a special riding vest, or is it a bulletproof vest? It looks very thick and padded. Thanks.

Reactions: eya
Its a riding vest, to protect from falls. I read once that though the Queen doesn't wear even a helmet to ride she insists on hats and vests for the grandchildren.

Sophie’s aunt and namestake was killed from been thrown from a horse. So I would think that Sophie would be extra careful. Louise has broken her arm from been thrown so you can’t be too careful.

Sophie’s aunt and namestake was killed from been thrown from a horse. So I would think that Sophie would be extra careful. Louise has broken her arm from been thrown so you can’t be too careful.

Thank you on the information about Sophie’s aunt. I did not know that about Lady Louise breaking an arm. I am glad there are riding vests along with helmets. I noticed the younger royals always wear a helmet. The Queen does not, just her scarf or as my grandma would say ‘babushka’.

Oh gosh, I didn't realise that. I can imagine how worried Sophie and Edward probably were when Louise injured her arm. I've always wanted to get into horse riding myself but the dangers have put me off, much like skiing (even though the two are obviously very different sports).

I never really realized that before but this picture does look just like George VI. I've always thought Edward certainly looked like his mother's family but he and his grandfather could definitely be twins here.

LOL - it is actually a bit of a joke that as Andrew used to refer to him as the clone. Then again - you'll be surprised how often people mistake him for Price William especially when they are wearing hats and the pics is from the side.
I will try to find the source - but I remember reading that the Queen Mother remarked the Edward was the most like her husband, from the way he talks, to the food he eats - the remembrance was so uncanny that she had said it makes you believe in reincarnation.

Court Circular 18th July:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this morning held a Meeting.

I never really realized that before but this picture does look just like George VI. I've always thought Edward certainly looked like his mother's family but he and his grandfather could definitely be twins here.

I agree - the resemblance between Edward and his grandfather is striking! If it were in black and white and Louise wasn't in the picture I would have definitely presumed that this was a photo of George VI. The Windsors carry some very strong genes.

LOL - it is actually a bit of a joke that as Andrew used to refer to him as the clone. Then again - you'll be surprised how often people mistake him for Prince William especially when they are wearing hats and the pics is from the side.

That does surprise me. :huh: I guess I'd have to see side-by-side pictures to be convinced. So that means William also resembles his grandfather?

I will try to find the source - but I remember reading that the Queen Mother remarked the Edward was the most like her husband, from the way he talks, to the food he eats - the remembrance was so uncanny that she had said it makes you believe in reincarnation.

Kinda spooky actually. :huh:

LOL - it is actually a bit of a joke that as Andrew used to refer to him as the clone. Then again - you'll be surprised how often people mistake him for Price William especially when they are wearing hats and the pics is from the side.

This doesn't actually surprise me at all...there are several pictures of William over the years where he and Edward look very much alike. I don't see it on a routine basis and I'm usually a bit caught off guard when I do but every now and then it shocking how alike they look. Same goes with William and Peter Phillips and even at times with Freddie Windsor. Those Windsor genes are strong, that's for sure.

This doesn't actually surprise me at all...there are several pictures of William over the years where he and Edward look very much alike. I don't see it on a routine basis and I'm usually a bit caught off guard when I do but every now and then it shocking how alike they look. Same goes with William and Peter Phillips and even at times with Freddie Windsor. Those Windsor genes are strong, that's for sure.

For sure I see the resemblance between William and Peter. :flowers: Comes up a lot. They could be brothers.

:previous: Ah, but he learned from the Master himself . . . the Duke of Edinborough. :D

Court Circular 30th July:
The Earl of Wessex, Colonel-in-Chief, The Saskatchewan Dragoons, this afternoon held a Meeting.

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, England Hockey, this afternoon held a Lunch at St. James's Palace.

Court Circular 31st July:
The Earl of Wessex, Chancellor, this morning attended a Meeting at the University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath, Somerset.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Countess of Wessex as Patron of England Hockey attended the Women's World Cup Finals Day at Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre at Eton Manor, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London this afternoon, August 5. Lady Louise attended as well:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** rex gallery **

Last edited:
:previous: I have a friend who is a keen hockey player and plays for our county's hockey team, and she has been to most of the matches at the World Cup but went away yesterday so missed Sophie handing out the awards.
It's a nice surprise to see Louise there too - I didn't realise that she was interested in hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom