Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 9: March 2015-November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court Circular 11th June:
The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, this morning attended a Meeting at Gulliver House, Madeira Walk, Windsor, Berkshire.

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, this afternoon visited Caring For Life, Crag House Farm, Otley Old Road, Cookridge, Leeds, and was received by the Lord-Lieutenant of West Yorkshire (Dame Ingrid Roscoe).

Her Royal Highness, Patron, Leeds Teaching Hospital NHS Trust, afterwards opened the Clinical Research Facility at Leeds Children's Hospital, Clarendon Wing, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds.

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, Leeds Teaching Hospital NHS Trust, this evening attended a Dinner at Harewood House, Leeds.

https://hrhcountessofwessex.blogspot.com/2018/06/hrh-visits-caring-for-life-leeds.html
https://hrhcountessofwessex.blogspot.com/2018/06/relaunch-of-leeds-childrens-hospital.html

Court Circular 12th June:
The Earl of Wessex this morning attended the National Service of Commemoration for the Eleven Hundredth Anniversary of the death of Aethelfaed, Lady of Mercians at St. Editha's Church, 29 Church Street, Tamworth, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Staffordshire (Mr. Ian Dudson).

His Royal Highness this afternoon attended a Reception at Tamworth Castle.

The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, later visited Sunseeker International, Sunseeker Shipyard 1, New Quay Road, Poole, Dorset.

His Royal Highness, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, this evening attended a Dinner at Brownsea Castle, Brownsea Island, Dorset.

The Countess of Wessex, Chairman, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award Women's Network Forum, this afternoon chaired a Meeting at Buckingham Palace.

Last edited:
:previous:

Since Charles does similar transportation I don't see how he would be livid. Anti-monarchy groups are always criticizing when a member of the Royal Family doesn't travel by public transportation. Sometimes it is just not practical.

(And Edward doesn't answer to Charles or Clarence House.)

Speaking to the MailOnline a palace spokesperson said: 'The Earl of Wessex is undertaking a three-day programme of events, including a national service of commemoration, and engagements in support of the DofE.
'As ever, security, effective use of time, and the need to minimise disruption to others is taken into account when decisions are taken about transport.'

Was Lady Louise already confirmed? I don't remember.

Well since I read this article last night on the DM website its gone from costing £30,000 to £10,000 to now £6,000.... ridiculous!

I can see both sides of the argument but all in all, what I don't get is the point in flying from Bournemouth just to Birmingham. Yes, it's a long drive, but it's not impossible. I've been in a car journey from London to Wales before which was much, much longer (furthermore my cousins drove from Surrey to Amsterdam in the Netherlands, and my grandfather regularly drove from Kent to France). I could understand if Edward was in a large country like the US where one would need a plane to get from, say, New York to Ohio; but England is a small island and is quite accessible by car. I get that "different strokes work for different folks" but it just seems rather pointless when the car and train etc are more accessible.

Last edited:
He had 4 events that day; these following his arrival back from Hong Kong on the 9th and a meeting near Windsor on the 11th. The media didn’t state exactly where he started out but likely Bagshot. The first event was at 10 am or so. It’s a 2 hour drive and longer by train. Then lunch in Tamsworth. Then he had to be in Poole mid afternoon. That’s over 3 hours of driving. Around 4 by train. Then a dinner event.

I think the plane was justified.

Today, June 14, the Countess of Wessex as Patron of Stoll opened the Centenary Lodge at Aldershot:
** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Ah, at last! Lovely outfit, looking polished. :flowers:

P.S. I do so love this lady but I have been thinking of changing my avatar: I hope she forgives me. ;)

Last edited:
I do so love this lady but I have been thinking of changing my avatar: I hope she forgives me.

I'm sure she will Lady Nimue. You have used that one for quite a long time and it's been lovely.

Court Circular 13th June:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this morning visited the Hyde Real Tennis Club, Walditch Road, Walditch, as part of His Royal Highness's Duke of Edinburgh's Award Real Tennis Tour and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Dorset (Mr. Angus Campbell).

His Royal Highness, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, this afternoon visited Canford School, Canford Magna, Dorset.

The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, this evening attended a Dinner at Canford School.

Court Circular 14th June:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this morning visited Canford Real Tennis and Squash Club, Canford Magna, Wimborne, as part of His Royal Highness's The Duke of Edinburgh's Award Real Tennis Tour and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Dorset (Mr. Angus Campbell).

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, Stoll, this morning opened the Centenary Lodge, Evelyn Avenue, Aldershot, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Hampshire (Mr. Nigel Atkinson).

Her Royal Highness, President, this afternoon held a Meeting for Girlguiding.

https://hrhcountessofwessex.blogspot.com/2018/06/sophie-attended-opening-of-centenary.html

Last edited:
I'm sure she will Lady Nimue. You have used that one for quite a long time and it's been lovely.

:flowers: I am loving your avatar, EllieCat. ❤️

So tonight was the night and as I went to change the avatar it was like trying on a new dress for an important occasion and nothing seemed to work, quite. ? It will shake down finally at some point. Or I'll go back to the old one.

Court Circular 15th June:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation, this afternoon chaired a Meeting at Windsor Castle.

The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation, and The Countess of Wessex, Global Ambassador, this evening held a World Fellowship Anniversary Dinner at Windsor Castle.

We have seen a lot of photos of the Windsor’s riding this year and it’s so nice to see. It’s also so sweet to see Edward sharing this interest with his daughter - judging by the fact that we don’t see James much on horseback, i’m going to hazard a guess that he’s just not that into it. Sophie is also rarely seen riding either, so it’s nice that it’s something just Louise and her dad can do. I do look forward to the time when Louise is old enough and out of school, so she can attend Royal Ascot.

I really wish Edward and Sophie were going to Lord Ivar Mountbatten's wedding. :)

I really wish Edward and Sophie were going to Lord Ivar Mountbatten's wedding. :)

I don’t believe they are going as I’m sure I read in one of the articles that Lord Ivar said they aren’t able to make it.

Happy 19th Wedding Anniversary :)

Court Circular 18th June:
The Queen, accompanied by The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge, The Duke of York, The Earl of Wessex, The Princess Royal, The Duke of Gloucester, The Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Lady Ogilvy, today held a Chapter of the Most Noble Order of the Garter in the Throne Room, Windsor Castle.
The Duchess of Cornwall, The Countess of Wessex, Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence and The Duchess of Gloucester were present.

Court Circular 19th June:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation, this morning visited the Oratory School, Woodcote, as part of His Royal Highness’s The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Real Tennis Tour, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Oxfordshire (Mr. Timothy Stevenson).

Court Circular 22nd June:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this morning visited Hardwick House Tennis Club, Whitchurch on Thames, as part of His Royal Highness's Duke of Edinburgh's Award Real Tennis Tour, and was received by Mr. John Harwood (Vice Lord-Lieutenant of Oxfordshire).

Court Circular 23rd June:
The Earl of Wessex, Patron, the Orpheus Centre Trust, and The Countess of Wessex this evening attended a Gala Charity Concert near Oxted and were received by Sir Richard Stilgoe (Deputy Lieutenant of Surrey).

https://www.facebook.com/theorpheus...44217694914/10155990299589915/?type=3&theater

Court Circular 25th June:
The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, this morning opened the new Sports Centre at Box Hill School, London Road, Dorking, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Surrey (Mr Michael More-Molyneux).

His Royal Highness this afternoon visited Oakleaf Enterprise Centre, 101 Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, Surrey.

The Earl of Wessex afterwards visited Surrey Lifelong Learning Partnership Bike Project, Woking Road Depot, Woking Road, Guildford.

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, Disability Initiative, this afternoon held a Reception at Buckingham Palace.

Her Royal Highness, Patron, National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, this evening attended a Reception and Dinner at Annabel’s, 46 Berkeley Square, London W1.

https://fashion.hellomagazine.com/f...tm_medium=social&utm_campaign=internaltwitter

Court Circular 26th June:
The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, this morning visited the University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Hertfordshire (Mr Robert Voss).

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation, this afternoon visited Hatfield House Real Tennis Club, Fore Street Lodge, Hatfield House, Hatfield, as part of His Royal Highness’s The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Real Tennis Tour.

The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, this evening attended a Reception and Dinner at Hatfield House.

The Countess of Wessex this morning visited the Razed Roof Theatre Group, Harlow Playhouse, Harlow Square, Harlow, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Essex (Mrs Jennifer Tolhurst).

Her Royal Highness, Patron, this afternoon visited Remus Memorial Horse Sanctuary, Little Farm, Buttsbury, Ingatestone, Essex, to mark their Thirty Fifth Anniversary.

https://hrhcountessofwessex.blogspot.com/2018/06/hrh-visits-razed-roof-theatre-group-at.html

Last edited:

The Countess of Wessex attending the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) reception and dinner yesterday:

** rex gallery **

Today, June 26, the Countess of Wessex was in Essex and visited Razed Roof Theatre Group at Harlow Playhouse and as Patron of the Remus Memorial Horse Sanctuary she visited the sanctuary in Ingatestone in celebration of its 35th Anniversary:

** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Court Circular 27th June:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation, this morning held a Meeting.

His Royal Highness, Patron, Chetham’s School of Music, today held a Recital and Lunch at Buckingham Palace.

The Earl of Wessex, Patron, Hall for Cornwall, this afternoon held a Meeting.

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation, this evening held a Dinner at Buckingham Palace for the Australian Award Ambassadors.

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, Lions Clubs International, Multiple District 105, British Isles and Ireland, this afternoon held a Meeting.

Her Royal Highness, Patron, Defence Medical Welfare Service, this evening attended a Dinner at Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, Haig Road, Camberley, and was received by Mr Christopher Khoo (Deputy Lieutenant of the Royal County of Berkshire).

https://hrhcountessofwessex.blogspot.com/2018/06/the-countess-attends-dinner-in-support.html

Court Circular 28th June:
The Earl of Wessex this morning opened the Centre for Clinical Haematology with Cure Leukaemia at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Mindelsohn Way, Birmingham, and was received by Dame Christine Braddock (Deputy Lieutenant of West Midlands).

His Royal Highness subsequently visited the National College for High Speed Rail, 2 Lister Street, Birmingham, and was received by Mr. David Clarke (Deputy Lieutenant of West Midlands).

The Earl of Wessex, Patron, City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra, this afternoon attended a Lunch and Performance at Symphony Hall, Broad Street, Birmingham, and was received by Mr. Stephen Goldstein (Deputy Lieutenant of West Midlands).

The Countess of Wessex, Honorary Air Commodore, today attended the Race for the Line Finals at Royal Air Force Wittering, Peterborough, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire (Mrs. Julie Spence).

https://hrhcountessofwessex.blogspot.com/2018/06/the-countess-attended-race-for-line.html
https://www.facebook.com/royalairfo....1530296950./1498985926873951/?type=3&theater
http://www.cureleukaemia.co.uk/page/news/388/hrh-the-earl-of-wessex-visits-cch

Last edited:
Last edited:
Does Edward have an honorary appointment with the Air Force or did some training?

Last edited by a moderator:

Edward didn’t serve in the military. Same with Princess Anne. He’s an honorary Air Commodore in the RAF.

Last edited:
Court Circular 2nd July:
Buckingham Palace

The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this morning visited Falkland Palace Real Tennis Club, Falkland Palace, Falkland, near Cupar, as part of His Royal Highness's The Duke of Edinburgh's Award Real Tennis Tour, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Fife (Mr. Robert Balfour).

His Royal Highness, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, this afternoon visited Garth Morrison Lodge, Fordell Firs Activity Centre, Hillend, Fife.

The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, this evening attended a Dinner at Broomhall House, Charlestown, Dunfermline, Fife.

The Countess of Wessex today held a Charities Forum Digitising Purpose Event at St. James's Palace.

Her Royal Highness, Chairman, Women's Network Forum, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, this evening attended a Leaders and Daughters Event at the offices of EY, 1 More London Place, London SE1.

https://hrhcountessofwessex.blogspot.com/2018/07/the-countess-of-wessex-hosted-vodafone.html
https://hrhcountessofwessex.blogspot.com/2018/07/bring-your-daughter-reception-at-ey.html

Court Circular 3rd July:
The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, this afternoon visited Citadel Youth Centre, 175 Commercial Street, Edinburgh, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of the City of Edinburgh (Councillor Francis Ross, the Rt. Hon. the Lord Provost).

The Queen, Royal Honorary Air Commodore, this evening held a Reception at the Palace of Holyroodhouse for 603 (City of Edinburgh) Squadron Royal Auxiliary Air Force to mark the Squadron's receipt of the Freedom of the City of Edinburgh.
The Duke of York and The Earl of Wessex were present.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom