Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 9: March 2015-November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court Circular 30th June:
-missing from the website

Court Circular 3rd July:
The Earl of Wessex, Chancellor, this afternoon visited the University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath, Somerset.

His Royal Highness, Chancellor, University of Bath, this evening attended the Chancellor's Dinner at Bath Assembly Rooms, Bennett Street, Bath, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Somerset (Mrs. Richard Maw).

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, Blind Veterans UK, this morning visited the Royal Horticultural Society Hampton Court Palace Flower Show, East Molesey, Surrey, and was received by Wing Commander Michael Dudgeon (Vice Lord-Lieutenant of Greater London).

Her Royal Highness, Patron, London Children's Flower Society, this afternoon visited Baston House School, Baston Road, Bromley, and was received by Colonel Robert Murfin (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

HRH The Countess of Wessex: Visit to RHS Hampton Court Palace Flower Show & Baston House School

Court Circular 4th July:

Court Circular 5th July:
HRH The Countess of Wessex: The Countess visits Gloucestershire & Worcestershire
Countess of Wessex charms the county as she visits sites across Gloucestershire - Gloucestershire Live

Court Circular 6th July:
HRH The Countess of Wessex: HRH visits Mendip School & Divorky Riding School in Somerset.

Court Circular 9th July:
The Earl of Wessex, Royal Honorary Colonel, The Royal Wessex Yeomanry, this morning arrived in France and was received by Colonel Christopher Borneman (Military Attaché, representing Her Majesty's Ambassador to the French Republic).

His Royal Highness afterwards attended a Memorial Service at the Côte 112 Memorial and laid a wreath to commemorate the Anniversary of those who fell in the Battle for Hill 112 on 12th July, 1944 and laid a wreath.

The Earl of Wessex this afternoon attended a Reception at the Salle des Fêtes, Esquay-Notre-Dame, given by the Mayor of Esquay-Notre-Dame for representatives of the Association Odon Côte 112 and mayors of the local communes.

His Royal Highness later returned to the United Kingdom.
Captain Hugh Vere Nicoll was in attendance.

Court Circular 10th July:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, today held a Meeting.

His Royal Highness, Royal Honorary Colonel, Royal Wessex Yeomanry, this afternoon received Lieutenant Colonel John Godfrey upon relinquishing his appointment as Commanding Officer.

The Earl of Wessex this evening attended the Armidalians' Union Reception at the Caledonian Club, Halkin Street, London SW1.

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, later held a Dinner at Buckingham Palace for the Australian Award Ambassadors.

Court Circular 11th July:
The Earl of Wessex, President, Sport and Recreation Alliance, this morning attended the Annual General Meeting, Brunei Gallery, University of London, Thornhaugh Street, London WC1.

His Royal Highness, Patron, the London Gardens Society, this afternoon toured winning gardens in Bexley and Bromley and was received by Major David Hewer (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh this evening gave a Reception for Winners of The Queen's Awards for Enterprise at Buckingham Palace. The Earl and Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal and The Duke of Kent were present.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: I was just thinking the same thing. It's nice to see James accompany his mother on an engagement.

Court Circular 12th July:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this afternoon held a Meeting.

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, Defence Medical Welfare Service, this afternoon held a Meeting.

The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh gave a State Banquet this evening in honour of The King and Queen of Spain at which The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince Henry of Wales, The Duke of York, The Earl and Countess of Wessex, The Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, Princess Michael of Kent and The Lady Gabriella Windsor were present.

Court Circular 13th July:
The Earl of Wessex, President, Creative Youth, this evening attended the International Youth Arts Festival at the Rose Theatre, Kingston upon Thames, and was received by Colonel Geoffrey Godbold (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, the Defence Medical Welfare Service, this evening attended the National Police Bravery Awards at the Dorchester Hotel, Park Lane, London W1, and was received by Dr. Paul Knapman (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

HRH The Countess of Wessex: HRH The Countess of Wessex attended Police Bravery Awards
HRH The Countess of Wessex: Day 10 of 2017 Wimbledon for The Countess of Wessex

Court Circular 15th July:
The Countess of Wessex this morning visited the Royal Windsor Rose and Horticultural Show, St. George's School, Windsor, Berkshire.

HRH The Countess of Wessex: Royal Windsor Rose and Horticultural Society Show for Sophie & James

Last edited by a moderator:
Court Circular 20th July:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this afternoon held a Meeting.

Court Circular 25th July:
The Earl of Wessex, Royal Honorary Colonel, Royal Wessex Yeomanry, this afternoon held a Meeting.

It would appear that they don't realisethat

1. He is now Patron of the Edinburgh International Festival
2. He is the Earl of Wessex (not Kent) :lol:

I guess all they told the person writing was that it was Prince Edward, so when they googled they came across the Duke of Kent and figured it must be him:lol:

Gorgeous photo .. lovely family understanded hard working and the Countess is so chic

The whole family spent several days in Edinburgh before going to Balmoral this weekend.

The Earl of Wessex as Patron of the Edinburgh International Festival has attended the opening concert of the 2017 Festival:

Prince Edward makes surprise appearance at Edinburgh Fringe show on August 5th:
Prince Edward makes surprise appearance at Edinburgh Fringe show - The Scotsman

On Sunday (August 6th) The Earl and Countess of Wessex along with their children, Lady Louise & Viscount Severn attended a service at Canongate Kirk:
HRH The Countess of Wessex: Service at Canongate Kirk in Edinburgh for The Wessex family

Court Circular 4th August:
The Earl of Wessex, Royal Honorary Colonel, The London Regiment, and The Countess of Wessex this evening held a Dinner at the Palace of Holyroodhouse.

His Royal Highness, Royal Honorary Colonel, The London Regiment, and Her Royal Highness, with Prince Albert of Monaco, afterwards attended the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo.

HRH The Countess of Wessex: The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo for The Wessex Family

Court Circular 5th August:
The Earl and Countess of Wessex today attended the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.

His Royal Highness, Patron, Edinburgh International Festival, this evening attended a Reception at the Sheraton Grand Hotel and Spa, 1 Festival Square, Edinburgh.

The Earl of Wessex, Patron, Edinburgh International Festival, afterwards attended the Opening Concert at the Usher Hall, Lothian Road, Edinburgh, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of the City of Edinburgh (Councillor Francis Ross, the Rt. Hon. the Lord Provost).

Court Circular 6th August:
The Earl and Countess of Wessex this morning attended Divine Service in Canongate Kirk, Edinburgh.

Lovely to see Lady Louise go with Sophie today. She's going to be a tall lady (or she's having her growth spurt now and will stop growing at 14!)

I'm glad that Louise went with Sophie today! (After it seemed to cause some unrest with a particular poster in Mike and Zara's thread :whistling:) She's blossoming into a pretty young lady. I agree that it seems she's going to be tall, she's shot up since we last saw photos of her. I can't believe she's going to be 14 in November. It seemed like only yesterday she was the seven year old bridesmaid at William and Catherine's wedding.

Court Circular 27th August:
The Earl of Wessex, Patron, Badminton Scotland, today attended the World Championships at the Emirates Arena, London Road, Glasgow, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of the City of Glasgow (Councillor Eva Bolander, the Rt. Hon. the Lord Provost).

Court Circular 3rd September:
The Countess of Wessex, Patron, Association of Show and Agricultural Organisations, today attended the Burghley Horse Trials, Burghley Park, Stamford, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire (Mrs. Julie Spence).

HRH The Countess of Wessex: Burghley Horse Trials with The Countess of Wessex & Lady Louise

Court Circular 6th September:
The Countess of Wessex, Colonel-in-Chief, Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps, today received Colonel Susan Bush upon relinquishing her appointment as Colonel Commandant and Colonel Carol Kefford upon assuming the appointment.

I love when they do these charity days as they look fun. I love the photos of Sophie tickling the little child on the floor.

This is about the 3rd year I've been aware of this event. It is the 1st time I've realized that it is connected to 9/11. Duh! Great to see the Countess of Wessex, one of my favorite royals, doing it.

Sadly the business lost 658 people in the west tower. They lost more lives then any other group, even first responders, 68% of their work force. Included were the brother of the ceo of the company. The charity day was originally started to help support the families of those lost. The company pledged 25% of profits for 5 years, and all medical costs, to the families. Since then, the fundraiser now raises funds for different charities. This year, Sophie's charity brainwave, is one of them.

Its a wonderful fundraiser, and happy to see royals out supporting it. :flowers:

Beautiful photograph! :flowers: Sophie looks wonderful! Louise and James so pensive. Must have been impressive.

It is a beautiful photograph. They are looking at Edward drinking the whiskey at the beginning of the Tattoo. Sophie looks beautiful and I love the scarves she and Lady Louise are wearing.

Love the outfit Sophie wore to Sandhurst - I need that blouse in my wardrobe. The Ice Maiden Patronage is so cool - those women are amazing and I wish them all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom