Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 9: March 2015-November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yesterday, January 23, the Earl of Wessex as Patron of the National Youth Jazz Orchestra attended a reception at Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club in London:

** Pic **

Court Circular 19th January:
The Earl of Wessex this afternoon received Air Vice Marshal Garry Tunnicliffe (Defence Services Secretary).

Court Circular 20th January:
Today is the Anniversary of the Birthday of The Countess of Wessex. Her Royal Highness, President, the Devon County Agricultural Association, this morning attended the Annual General Meeting at Westpoint, Clyst St.Mary, Exeter, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Devon (Mr. David Fursdon).

HRH The Countess of Wessex: AGM in Exeter on the day of HRH's birthday

Court Circular 23rd January:
The Earl of Wessex, Patron, National Youth Jazz Orchestra, this evening attended a Reception and Performance at Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club, 47 Frith Street, London, W1.

Court Circular 24th January:
The Countess of Wessex, Patron, Disability Initiative, this morning held a Meeting.

Court Circular 25th January:
The Earl of Wessex, Honorary Colonel, The London Regiment, this afternoon held a Meeting.

Court Circular 30th January:
The Countess of Wessex, Patron, Exercise Ice Maiden, this afternoon held a Meeting.

Court Circular 1st February:
The Countess of Wessex, Patron, England Hockey, this morning attended a Meeting at Bisham Abbey National Sports Centre, Marlow, Buckinghamshire.

HRH The Countess of Wessex: Meeting at Bisham Abbey National Sports Centre in Marlow

Court Circular 2nd February:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this morning chaired a Meeting at Award House, 7-11 St. Matthew Street, London SW1.

His Royal Highness, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, this afternoon held a Development Group Meeting at Buckingham Palace.

The Earl of Wessex, Patron, British Paralympic Association, afterwards held a Meeting at Buckingham Palace.

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, subsequently held a Meeting at Buckingham Palace.

The Earl of Wessex, Honorary Colonel, The London Regiment, this evening attended the Colonel's Dinner at the Cavalry and Guards Club, 127 Piccadilly, London W1.

Court Circular 7th February:
The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, this morning attended a Meeting at Saranac Partners, 16 St. James's Street, London SW1.

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, later held a Development Group Meeting.

The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this afternoon held a Digital Steering Committee Meeting.

The Countess of Wessex, Chairman, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award Women's Network Forum, this afternoon held a Meeting.

Court Circular 8th February:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this morning held a Meeting at Buckingham Palace.

The advert states: “As programme co-ordinator in this small, dynamic team at Bagshot Park, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring the day-to-day running and execution of official programmes and provide important logistical support to the household of TRH The Earl and Countess of Wessex.

“Planning all aspects of official visits and events, you’ll need to be highly efficient and organised and be able to prioritise multiple tasks effectively."
Read more: Do you have what it takes to work for the Earl and Countess of Wessex at their Bagshot Park home? - Get Surrey

Sophie has taken over 2 new patronages from the Queen:

Blind Veterans UK
NSPCC (National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children)

HRH The Countess of Wessex: Christmas lunch, new Patronages for HRH & Metro article
HRH The Countess of Wessex: Blind Veterans UK Patronage

Edward and Sophie have also taken over as patrons of:

Edinburgh International Festival – Edward
Sport and Recreation Alliance – Edward
British Cycling Federation – Sophie

They are growing up so fast. It seems like just yesterday that we were complaining that James was too young to go to Christmas Service.

I was very surprised when I found the photos of them skiing on the Legion Ru website. I only looked to see if there were any because the agency had photos of many other royal families skiing last week. I was lucky to discover there were images of the Wessex's!

They are both so grown up and Louise i'm sure gets taller every time we see her! James looks so small next to her.

Sophie laughing as Louise falls in the snow + Louise.

Will Louise be going to a new school in the fall?

Yes. Her current school is only 3-13. Interesting to see if she goes to boarding school or a day school. She goes to the same school as Eugenie did. I wonder if she will attend Marlborough like Eugenie at thirteen.

Last edited:
I imagine she will head to Marlborough College too but that is only if her parents are keen for her to board. As countessmeout says, Eugenie attended Louise's current school then headed to Marlborough so I wouldn't be surprised if Louise did. Louise is also currently Head Girl at her school so that will stand in her favour for her new school.

It was nice to see the photos of the Wessex family skiing, it looks as if they were having a fun time. I can imagine that they have been back for a fairly long time now since half term finished last week here in England.

I imagine she will head to Marlborough College too but that is only if her parents are keen for her to board. As countessmeout says, Eugenie attended Louise's current school then headed to Marlborough so I wouldn't be surprised if Louise did. Louise is also currently Head Girl at her school so that will stand in her favour for her new school.

I didn't realise that Louise was the head girl at St. George's, that's nice to hear. IIRC Princess Beatrice was also the head girl at her secondary school (coincidentally also named St. George's).

Edward and Sophie attended a Matrix themed fancy dress party while they were in St Moritz.

Edward and Sophie = 2 + 2

Amazing.

I didn't realise that Louise was the head girl at St. George's, that's nice to hear. IIRC Princess Beatrice was also the head girl at her secondary school (coincidentally also named St. George's).

I think Beatrice was also headgirl at her secondary school in Ascot. Prince Philip, Prince Charles and Prince Edward were Head Boy/Guardian at Gordonstoun as well.

Edward and Sophie attended a Matrix themed fancy dress party while they were in St Moritz.

Edward and Sophie = 2 + 2

Amazing.

I think Beatrice was also headgirl at her secondary school in Ascot. Prince Philip, Prince Charles and Prince Edward were Head Boy/Guardian at Gordonstoun as well.

Peter was head as well.

Beatrice and Eugenie both went to the same school until 2000. Ascot seems to have a program geared towards students with learning disabilities to help them excel. The school seemed a good choice as she excelled. Likely why her oatebts chose for her to remain there till she finished. Not certain why Eugenie never attended Ascot and went to Windsor instead.

Save Harry, all the grandkids seem to have excelled in school, the older ones.

I do hope Edward and Sophie find the best school. I wonder if Gordonstoun will be considered. Louise seems to be very outdoorsy and Edward enjoyed it. But I think we will likely see her at Marlborough.

The Countess of Wessex visited organisations in Staffordshire yesterday, March 7. She opened a new resource centre for Action for Blind People, visited the North Staffordshire Asperger Autism Association at Keele University, as well as the Royal Stoke University Hospital:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** fb gallery **

** uhnm.nhs.uk: HRH The Countess of Wessex GCVO visits Royal Stoke **

** stokesentinel.co.uk: VIDEO: Brave Ateeqa, 12, presents Countess of Wessex with flowers during Royal Stoke visit **

She is just lovely, has small children and a busy life there,works really hard and always looks pleased to be at her engagements.

Court Circular 17th-27th February:
-missing from the website

Court Circular 28th February:
The Earl of Wessex, Royal Honorary Colonel, Royal Wessex Yeomanry, this morning held a Meeting.

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, Blind Veterans UK, this morning visited the Llandudno Centre, Queen's Road, Llandudno, Conway, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Clwyd (Mr. Henry Fetherstonhaugh).

HRH The Countess of Wessex: The Countess of Wessex opened Blind Veterans' new facility

Court Circular 1st March:
The Countess of Wessex, Patron, this morning held a Meeting for the Defence Medical Welfare Service.

Her Royal Highness, Patron, Lions Clubs International, Multiple District 105, British Isles and Ireland, this afternoon held a Meeting.

Court Circular 2nd March:
The Earl of Wessex this afternoon departed Gatwick Airport, London, for Bermuda and was received upon arrival at L. F. Wade International Airport, Hamilton, this evening by the Governor of Bermuda (His Excellency Mr. John Rankin). Mr. Timothy Roberts is in attendance.

Court Circular 3rd March:
The Earl of Wessex today carried out the following engagements in Bermuda. His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this morning visited Cedarbridge Academy, 1 Cedarbridge Lane, Devonshire, and was received by the Governor of Bermuda (His Excellency Mr. John Rankin).

The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, subsequently visited Mount Saint Agnes Academy, Victoria Street, Hamilton.

His Royal Highness, Patron, Central Caribbean Marine Institute, afterwards visited Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences, 17 Biological Station, St. George's.

The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this afternoon attended a Lunch at the Mid Ocean Golf Club, 1 Mid Ocean Drive, Truckers Town.

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this evening attended a Dinner at Government House, 11 Langton Hill, Pembroke Parish.

Photos: Earl Of Wessex Visits Two Schools - Bernews.com : Bernews.com
Prince Edward visits CedarBridge, MSA | The Royal Gazette:Bermuda News

Court Circular 4th March:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, today carried out the following engagements in Bermuda. His Royal Highness this morning attended a Reception at Royal Bermuda Yacht Club, 15 Point Pleasant Road, Hamilton, and was received by the Governor of Bermuda (His Excellency Mr. John Rankin).

The Earl of Wessex afterwards attended a Reception at Government House, 11 Langton Hill, Pembroke Parish, for young people who have achieved the Gold Standard in the Award.

His Royal Highness this afternoon attended a Lunch given by the Governor of Bermuda at Government House.

The Earl of Wessex this evening attended a Dinner to celebrate the Fiftieth Anniversary of The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Bermuda, Hamilton Princess and Beach Club, 76 Pitts Bay Road, Pembroke, Hamilton.

Prince Edward presents 17 Gold Awards | The Royal Gazette:Bermuda News
Earl of Wessex celebrates 50 years of The Duke of Edinburgh Award in Bermuda – Royal Central

Court Circular 5th March:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this morning attended a Fiftieth Anniversary Service in the Anglican Church of Bermuda, Church Street, Hamilton, and was received by the Governor of Bermuda (His Excellency Mr. John Rankin).

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this afternoon visited Ben Ainslie Racing America's Cup Base and viewed the British team in training at the Great Sound, Hamilton.

The Earl of Wessex this evening departed from LF Wade International Airport, Hamilton, for the United Kingdom.

http://land-rover-bar.americascup.c...rl-of-Wessex-visits-team-base-in-Bermuda.html

Court Circular 6th March:
The Earl of Wessex this morning arrived at Gatwick Airport, London, from Bermuda. Mr. Timothy Roberts was in attendance.

Court Circular 7th March:
The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, this afternoon held a Meeting.

The Countess of Wessex this morning opened the Resource Centre at Action for Blind People, the Forecourt, Albion Street, Stoke-on-Trent, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Staffordshire (Mr. Ian Dudson).

Her Royal Highness today visited Royal Stoke University Hospital, Stoke- on-Trent.

The Countess of Wessex this afternoon visited North Staffs Asperger/Autism Association at Keele Hall, Keele University, Keele, Staffordshire.

HRH The Countess of Wessex: Visit to Staffordshire for The Countess of Wessex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom