Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 9: March 2015-November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court Circular 24th November:
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh, Patron, this morning attended a Service of Thanksgiving in Westminster Abbey, London SW1, to celebrate the Diamond Anniversary of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award. The Earl of Wessex, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, and The Countess of Wessex were present and attended a Reception after the Service.

The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this afternoon held a Meeting at Buckingham Palace.

The Earl of Wessex and The Countess of Wessex, Patron, the Two Moors Festival, this evening visited the "Exhibition of Opals by John Adie" at Buck's Club, 18 Clifford Street, London W1, in aid of the Festival.

His Royal Highness, Trustee, and Her Royal Highness afterwards attended a Dinner to celebrate the Sixtieth Anniversary of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, at Spencer House, 27 St. James's Place, London SW1.

The Countess of Wessex this afternoon chaired a Charities Forum at Buckingham Palace.

http://hrhcountessofwessex.blogspot.hr/2016/11/service-of-thanksgiving-to-celebrate-60.html
http://hrhcountessofwessex.blogspot.hr/2016/11/exhibition-of-opals-by-john-adie-dinner.html
https://www.royal.uk/service-thanksgiving-celebrate-60-years-duke-edinburghs-award
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-60th-anniversary-Duke-Edinburgh-s-Award.html
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/v...hts-at-duke-of-edinburgh-awards-35242813.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...urgh-s-Award-s-60th-anniversary-continue.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...urgh-s-Award-s-60th-anniversary-continue.html

Last edited:

The Earl of Wessex is currently in Latvia to promote the Duke of Edinburgh International Award.

Yesterday, November 29, he handed over gold awards to successful participants of the DoE International Award programme (pics 2&3).

Today, November 30, he met with President Raimonds Vejonis (pics 4&5), attended a seminar about benefits of non-academic learning (pic 6), visited the Riga Tourism and Creative Industries school (7) and the Centre of Creative learning Annas 2 (8).

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** source **

Court Circular 29th November:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this morning departed from Gatwick Airport, London, and was received upon arrival at Riga International Airport this afternoon by Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Republic of Latvia (Her Excellency Ms. Sarah Cowley) who accompanied His Royal Highness for the following engagements in Riga.

The Earl of Wessex received Dr. Vaira Vike-Freiberga (former President of the Republic of Latvia and Patroness of The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award - Latvia) at the British Embassy.

His Royal Highness afterwards attended a Meeting at the British Embassy with members of the Advisory Board of The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award in Latvia.

The Earl of Wessex later attended a Reception at the House of Blackheads, Ratslaukums, Centra Rajons, for young people who have achieved the Gold Standard in the Duke of Edinburgh's International Award.

His Royal Highness this evening attended a Gala Dinner given by the British Chamber of Commerce in Latvia at the National Art Museum, Krisjana Valdemara Road, Centra Rajons. Mr. Timothy Roberts is in attendance.

The Countess of Wessex, Grand President, St. John Ambulance in the Priory of England and the Islands, today held a Meeting.

Her Royal Highness, President, National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, this afternoon held a Meeting.

The Queen, accompanied by Princess Alexandra, the Hon. Lady Ogilvy, gave a Reception at Buckingham Palace this evening to celebrate the Patronages and Affiliations of Her Royal Highness. The Countess of Wessex and The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester were present.

HRH The Countess of Wessex: Reception to celebrate the Patronages and Affiliations of Princess Alexandra

Court Circular 30th November:
The Earl of Wessex accompanied by Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Republic of Latvia (Her Excellency Ms. Sarah Cowley), today carried out the following engagements in Riga, Latvia.

His Royal Highness this morning was received by The President of the Republic of Latvia at the Presidential Palace, Riga Pils, Centra Rajons.

The Earl of Wessex afterwards visited Riga International School of Economics and Business Administration showcasing British education, Udens Road, Centra Rajons.

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this afternoon visited Riga Tourism and Creative Industries School, Nicgales Road.

The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, later visited the Centre of Creative Learning, Annas Road, Centra Rajons.

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this evening attended a Dinner at Vincent's Restaurant, Elizabetes Road, Centra Rajons.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1278600422191448.1073741877.116909251693910&type=3

Court Circular 1st December:
The Earl of Wessex this morning arrived at Gatwick Airport, London, from Latvia. Mr. Timothy Roberts was in attendance.

I loved watching Sophie play the giant Operation game and the concentration on her face was amusing.

Love that Sophie was wearing a piece of the Queen's necklaces.

Sophie does a lot (or has done for her) a lot of lovely things to her hair, and considering she doesn't have the thickest of hair, she does really well. What a stunning necklace! She looks great.

Yesterday, December 8, the Countess of Wessex as Patron of Stoll (a Veterans' charity and Housing Association) attended the charity's Christmas carol service at St Paul's Knightsbridge:

** Pic **

Court Circular 6th December:
The Earl of Wessex, Chancellor, the University of Bath, this morning visited the Department of Architecture, 4 East South, Bath, Somerset.

His Royal Highness, Chancellor, the University of Bath, this afternoon presided at Degree Congregations at the Assembly Rooms, Bennett Street, Bath, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Somerset (Mrs. Anne Maw).

The Earl of Wessex, Chancellor, the University of Bath, this evening attended an Honorary Graduate Dinner at the Holbourne Museum, Great Pulteney Street, Bath.

Court Circular 7th December:
The Earl of Wessex, Chancellor, the University of Bath, this morning presided at Degree Congregations at the Assembly Rooms, Bennett Street, Bath, Somerset.

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, Shooting Star Chase, this morning attended the Intercapital Charity Trading Day at 2 Broadgate, London EC2.

Her Royal Highness, Patron, Mencap, this afternoon held a Luncheon to mark the Charity's Seventieth Anniversary at Buckingham Palace.

The Countess of Wessex, Chairman, Women in Business (promoting The Duke of Edinburgh's Award), later held a Meeting.

Her Royal Highness, Patron, England Hockey, this evening attended the Golden Hockey Ball at HM Tower of London, London EC3.

HRH The Countess of Wessex: 24th annual ICAP Charity Day with Countess Sophie & Prince Harry
HRH The Countess of Wessex: Golden Ball celebrating Great Britain Hockey's success
https://www.facebook.com/SportswomenSky/videos/235845243511502/

Court Circular 8th December:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this afternoon held a Meeting at Buckingham Palace.

His Royal Highness, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this evening attended a World Fellowship Gala Dinner at Queen's House, Greenwich, London SE10.

The Countess of Wessex this afternoon visited the Awareness Foundation, 69 Beaufort Street, London SW3, and was received by Lady Arnold (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

Her Royal Highness, Patron, Stoll, this evening attended a Carol Service at St. Paul's Church, 32A Wilton Place, London SW1, and was received by Dr. Paul Knapman (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

HRH The Countess of Wessex: Visit to the Awareness Foundation & Christmas Evening with Stoll Veterans
https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/status/807163661492113408/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/status/807235316067266560

Court Circular 12th December:
The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh were present at the Funeral of the Hon. Mrs. Rhodes which was held in the Royal Chapel of All Saints, Windsor Great Park, this afternoon. The Earl and Countess of Wessex were present.

HRH The Countess of Wessex: Funeral of the Hon Margaret Rhodes
HRH The Countess of Wessex: When Phillip met Prince Philp - ITV documentary with Earl & Countess of Wessex

Court Circular 13th December:
The Duke of Edinburgh, Patron, Duke of Edinburgh's Award, this evening held a Dinner at Buckingham Palace at which The Earl of Wessex was present.

The Countess of Wessex, President, National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, and Patron, Childline, this evening attended Childline's Merry Little Christmas Carol Concert, followed by Dinner, in St. Paul's Cathedral, London EC4.

HRH The Countess of Wessex: 'Merry Little Christmas' carol concert in aid of Childline.

It's always nice to see photos of the Wessexes at the Christmas Ascot. Both Louise and James have grown up a lot since I last saw photos of them! Louise has blossomed into an elegant young lady and I can imagine that she will become quite pretty. In the "fashion for the little and teenage royals" thread, there were photos of Louise and James with other children; does anyone know who they are? I don't recognise them, so perhaps they are Rhys Jones relatives.

The funny face James pulled made me giggle, but Sophie didn't look terribly pleased with him! The Daily Mail has great photos, it's just a shame that its content doesn't quite meet up to those standards. I've stopped reading the articles now but I do occasionally browse the site for royal photos.

I just found out that one of the choir masters at my church who was one of the masters who taught me how to sing is now teaching Louise and James how to sing at Windsor. I'm a bit jealous, as someone who loves royals and singing! But I guess I can say that I mutually know the Wessexes? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just found out that one of the choir masters at my church who was one of the masters who taught me how to sing is now teaching Louise and James how to sing at Windsor. I'm a bit jealous, as someone who loves royals and singing! But I guess I can say that I mutually know the Wessexes? ;)

I knew Louise was in the choir as she was in the photos on the schools twitter feed for a recent trip to Poland. I love that James sings too! How lovely that you know someone who has met the Wessex's! I love singing too. I'm in the choir in the hospital where I work.

Court Circular 14th December:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this morning held a Meeting at Buckingham Palace.

His Royal Highness, Trustee, The Duke of Edinburgh's Award, today attended Receptions at St. James's Palace for young people who have achieved the Gold Standard in the Award.

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, this evening held a Reception at Buckingham Palace to celebrate the Thirtieth Anniversary of Meningitis Now.

Her Royal Highness, President, Breast Cancer Haven Guardians, afterwards attended a Carol Concert at St. Paul's Church, 32a Wilton Place, Knightsbridge, London SW1.

HRH The Countess of Wessex: Carol Concert for Breast Cancer Haven Guardians & reception celebrating 30th Anniversary of Meningitis Now

Court Circular 15th December:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this morning held a Meeting.

Amazing photos ... totally relaxed and natural ... just love her!

Fantastic photos :flowers: Sophie us easily my favorite British Royal to watch. She is so natural and at ease with people, especially kids. And you can see they like her too, kids don't hide their dislike.

Fantastic photos :flowers: Sophie us easily my favorite British Royal to watch. She is so natural and at ease with people, especially kids. And you can see they like her too, kids don't hide their dislike.

It's always a good day when you get to borrow a cute baby for a snuggle!

I love Sophie she does her duties without any fanfare and always with style . Who would have thought Edward would be the one to make the best marriage.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Court Circular 11th January:
The Countess of Wessex, Royal Colonel, 5th Battalion The Rifles, this morning opened the Corporals' Mess during a visit to Ward Barracks, Bulford Camp, Salisbury, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Wiltshire (Mrs. Peter Troughton).

HRH The Countess of Wessex: Sophie visits the Ward Barracks in Bulford as Royal Colonel of the 5th Battalion The Rifles.
Spire FM - News - WATCH: Salisbury Plain Army barracks welcomes Royal visitor

Court Circular 16th January:
The Earl of Wessex, Royal Honorary Colonel, The London Regiment, this afternoon held a Meeting.

Court Circular 17th January:
The Earl of Wessex this morning opened the Whitty Theatre as part of the new Performing Arts Centre at Luckley House School, Luckley Road, Wokingham, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of the Royal County of Berkshire (Mr. James Puxley).

His Royal Highness afterwards opened the new Community Centre at Maidenhead Synagogue, Grenfell Lodge, Ray Park Road, Maidenhead, and was received by Mr. Christopher Khoo (Deputy Lieutenant of the Royal County of Berkshire).

The Countess of Wessex today received Commander Philip Dennis upon relinquishing his appointment as Commanding Officer of HMS DARING.

https://www.royal.uk/earl-wessex-visits-maidenhead-synagogue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom