Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 9: March 2015-November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anna, what a lovely post about Her Highness' visit to NYC. Thank you for always doing such wonderful coverage of the Countess' events.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

So nice to see this coverage, annaelfka. Sophie seems to be taking quite an interest in our aboriginal folks. It's nice to see. :flowers:

The Earl of Wessex was in Bolton today, November 17, to visit Bolton School marking the school's centenary and to open the new University Technical College.

As Patron he also attended the Award Ceremony for the 2015 Bruntwood Prize for Playwriting at the Royal Exchange Theatre Company in Manchester.

** bolton.ac.uk: Royal opening for the Stoller Building **

** boltonschool.org: Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, Visits Bolton School **

** manchestereveningnews.co.uk: Prince Edward is sung the National Anthem by a robot at the opening..**

That's below of the lowest of the low even for DM, I am surprised Rebecca wrote it. And don't get me started on comparison of Sophie's job cv with Kate's. That's laughable.

She was subsequently forced by Buckingham Palace to do an exclusive interview with the newspaper in return for dropping the story – an agreement the paper later reneged on – in which she talked about her husband’s sexuality.
His sexuality? Is this from the fake sheik tapes or an interview? I'm looking for a link but can't find the particular reference.

His sexuality? Is this from the fake sheik tapes or an interview? I'm looking for a link but can't find the particular reference.
It was all in one time, she had to do the interview, so the News of the World, wouldn't print the story on her comments, which was printed either way, not sure who broke the news, but the news travelled fast and almost every paper had printed this story.. So she had to deal with headlines like "My Edward is not gay" - there were idiotic roumours he was, and shortly afterward the News of The World sting was out, and it was just the worst time ever for her.
Sophie's choice: PR or the Palace - Telegraph

Last edited:
The Countess of Wessex's "career" comment was very surprising to come from a former PR professional. Considering the very considerable workload of some of the royal women are carrying, including the work they do as very involved members of charitable organizations, the Countess most likely ruffled a few feathers. Although her career was in the private field, sometimes work is work no matter where it is done.

The rumors regarding Prince Edward's sexual orientation were around long before Sophie came along.

The Countess of Wessex's "career" comment was very surprising to come from a former PR professional.
She was speaking about professional job/work before her royal days. She has been working since she finished her school. She was not talking about royal job.

Well at least they got it right in the end .. she is one of the most valuable assets the Royal Family have so though a bit catty this article the end was to the point

As was Anna mentioned, the comments about Edward's sexuality came in the interview that Sophie gave to the News of the World at the same time as the fake sheik scandal (in an unsuccessful attempt to get them not to publish the transcripts of the tapes). The interview was rather lengthy and rather personal - with "My Edward is Not Gay" splashed in giant letters on the front page of the NOTW - but I don't think it can be found online anymore (nor can the fake sheik transcripts, AFAIK), due to the fact that the NOTW shut down.

The Countess of Wessex's "career" comment was very surprising to come from a former PR professional. Considering the very considerable workload of some of the royal women are carrying, including the work they do as very involved members of charitable organizations, the Countess most likely ruffled a few feathers. Although her career was in the private field, sometimes work is work no matter where it is done.

The rumors regarding Prince Edward's sexual orientation were around long before Sophie came along.

As the Daily Mail article mentions (and at least they got this part right!), Sophie was speaking at a 100 Women in Hedge Funds event in New York. Her exact comment was: "I am rare because I am one of the few ladies in the British Royal Family who has had a professional business career and their own company. So perhaps I am able, through my own experience, to have a deeper appreciation of the corporate world and what it’s like to have to climb the career ladder." She was mentioning it in the context of the fact that women working in hedge funds (the group she was addressing) are somewhat rare themselves. Much of her audience may not have known she had a professional background, so she probably thought it worth mentioning.

In general, I feel like what little media coverage Sophie has gotten in recent years has been positive (and deseevedly so, IMO), but I feel like there's a little bit of backlash recently, especially from the Daily Mail. They've gone from praising her style to, in recent months, suddenly seeming to focus on the fact that her clothes cost a lot (as designer clothes tend to do!). And now dragging up silly stuff like this just because she mentioned the fact that she used to have a career. Typical tabloid silliness.

Oh my James so reminds me of a young Queen Elizabeth!

Louise looks very smart in her navy (purple) coat with a velvet collar...and stockings! She looks much like her father and puts me in mind of Princess Anne at times too.

LaRae

Louise looks very smart in her navy (purple) coat with a velvet collar...and stockings! She looks much like her father and puts me in mind of Princess Anne at times too.

LaRae

My sentiments exactly. She looks like a proper young lady and her coat suits her complexion perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Louise has gotten so tall! And I'm sure she still has a ways to go.

I really do thing these sort of articles are only ever based on guess work. How does anyone know what Sophie has said behind closed doors? I suspect this is all based on the fact James wasn't photographed attending this year so the media have assumed its based on what happened last year.

I agree, not to mention photographers are no longer welcome at the estate, we haven't seen pictures from Boxing Day shoot in many years, so how they know who attended etc...

I'm not going to post the article with photos, but Edward & Sophie has been pictured with their children on a shoot at Sandringham. The DM have the pics, so we know the above article isn't true.

To tell the truth I only spotted James at pics, The Sun had pics as well, and the girl who was with The Wessex'es is deff not Louise. Anyway, yes, Daily Fail.

Will Louise start high school or as it sometime call in the UK college this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom