Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 9: March 2015-November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me one, Louise, has been allowed to be a little girl and grow up slowly while Amalia has seen like a teenager for two to three years already meaning that to me she has been allowed to grow up too fast. One has grown slowly into the 11 she is now - as girls used to do in the 1950s and 1960s while the other has been rushed to be grown up, as is the current fashion.
Children develop at their own pace and to assume someone has been rushed to grow up too fast is just speculating. They both seem within what could be considered normal for their ages. Some kids are just "grown up" early while other never grow up. I am sure both girls are just where they are supposed to be.

Amalia to me seems like all other girls just going to highschool here in the Netherlands. No premature growing up.

How nice that she took Louise to the engagement with her! Seems like they were having fun. However, I'd like to direct an eye roll to the Daily Mail for making the story about the price of Sophie's dress (which I'm pretty sure she's worn several times before), rather than the fact that it was a nice mother-daughter outing. Typical Daily Mail.

Such a misleading title from the Daily Mail as it sounds like Sophie took Louise to play hockey privately, not on an official engagement. Sophie was there as Patron and to give out the awards at the end, she couldn't exactly rock up in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. She would have been ridiculed for that and for being too "casual".

Lovely to see Louise with her mum - being a royal child has to have some perks, eh!

Ι agree. The only thing worth commenting on is the fact that it was a fine day for the countess who went with her daughter. :) Everything else :whistling:

Such a misleading title from the Daily Mail as it sounds like Sophie took Louise to play hockey privately, not on an official engagement. Sophie was there as Patron and to give out the awards at the end, she couldn't exactly rock up in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. She would have been ridiculed for that and for being too "casual".

Lovely to see Louise with her mum - being a royal child has to have some perks, eh!

Yeah, I notice the DM conveniently didn't include any pictures of the medal ceremony, which make it quit clear that it was an official engagement. It's not like Sophie and Louise just turned up at the local park and started playing hockey. However, given that the Daily Mail did an article on the cost of Sophie's wardrobe a few weeks ago, I'm guessing that's an angle they'll be sticking with for a while.

It's really nice to see that Louise and James seem to increasingly accompany their parents to events, when appropriate.

Yeah, I notice the DM conveniently didn't include any pictures of the medal ceremony, which make it quit clear that it was an official engagement. It's not like Sophie and Louise just turned up at the local park and started playing hockey. However, given that the Daily Mail did an article on the cost of Sophie's wardrobe a few weeks ago, I'm guessing that's an angle they'll be sticking with for a while.

It's really nice to see that Louise and James seem to increasingly accompany their parents to events, when appropriate.

I agree - I think it's great that Louise and James are seen with their parents more now. I was particularly thrilled to see them in South Africa with them on an engagement that coincided with a family holiday. Louise is getting so grown up and so like Edward!

I am sorry but it is my personal opinion but that is not a nice dress. Lovely to see that child out and about alot more, perhaps it is a sign of her growing self confidence.

I think the dress is alright, but nothing special. That was part of the reason I found it odd/funny that the Daily Mail were making a fuss over the the price of the dress, because I was thinking "oh gosh, she's worn that dress plenty of times, I'm bored with it already!"

I think seeing Louise out and about more is likely less to do with her own self-confidence (she's never seemed particularly shy), and more to do with age. We don't see James quite as much yet, and he certainly seems like a confident little guy, but very energetic. Presumably they try not to bring the kids along if there's a chance they might get too bored (because that has happened).

Always lovely to see Louise out and about, especially at an engagement. She's getting so grown up, and I love her outfit. She's rocking it.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Always lovely to see Louise out and about, especially at an engagement. She's getting so grown up, and I love her outfit. She's rocking it.

:previous:
Nice and especially positive surprise to see Louise on official engagement.

More pictures of Countess of Wessex
https://www.paimages.co.uk/image-details/2.23952790
https://www.paimages.co.uk/image-details/2.23952318
https://www.paimages.co.uk/image-details/2.23952317

I think seeing Louise out and about more is likely less to do with her own self-confidence (she's never seemed particularly shy), and more to do with age. We don't see James quite as much yet, and he certainly seems like a confident little guy, but very energetic. Presumably they try not to bring the kids along if there's a chance they might get too bored (because that has happened).

James seems like a lot of fun and he DEFINITELY gets bored and when he does comedic moments happen, like last summer during the commonwealth games when he decided hitting his daddy with a brochure was more fun than watching the sport. James hitting Edward. It was fun to see Edward and Sophie both chastise him - love a bit of normal parenting! "No James, don't hit Papa!"

He was also bored during the arrival of the olympic flame at Buckingham Palace in 2012 that he decided to hit Louise with is flag. I love this kid!

Last edited:
Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 9: March 2015

James seems like a lot of fun and he DEFINITELY gets bored and when he does comedic moments happen, like last summer during the commonwealth games when he decided hitting his daddy with a brochure was more fun than watching the sport. James hitting Edward. It was fun to see Edward and Sophie both chastise him - love a bit of normal parenting! "No James, don't hit Papa!"

He was also bored during the arrival of the olympic flame at Buckingham Palace in 2012 that he decided to hit Louise with is flag. I love this kid!

Totally agree with you about James. He seems like a little ball of energy, and more than likely does bore easily. You can see it when he starts to fidget during events. His parents know this, so maybe that's why we see him at events that are a bit less formal, though he did fabulously at Trooping the Colour. I remember when he hit Louise with that flag. He was so enthusiastic, and it went a bit overboard. Louise wasn't too happy having her face smacked over and over. I think even at one point she tears up. Oh, the joy of younger siblings :D.

Last edited:

That moment at the Commonwealth Games was exactly what I was thinking of with regard to James being so energetic! Too cute. :lol: There's been more than one occasion (I think another was the first time James was at Trooping the Colour) when you see Edward and Sophie put in their "serious parenting" faces - they never seem to be angry with him or anything, just sort of calmly telling him to be still. It always makes me laugh - he's too adorable, and obviously has loads of personality.

It seems that Edward and Sophie increasingly like to include the kids in things when they can, and I always find it a nice surprise because I remember all those years when Louise was little and we basically never saw her, so I really didn't think they'd be bringing her (and sometimes James) along to public events as much as they do. But clearly they're a very close family, and as the kids get older, I'm sure Edward and Sophie enjoy bringing them along from time to time.

That moment at the Commonwealth Games was exactly what I was thinking of with regard to James being so energetic! Too cute. :lol: There's been more than one occasion (I think another was the first time James was at Trooping the Colour) when you see Edward and Sophie put in their "serious parenting" faces - they never seem to be angry with him or anything, just sort of calmly telling him to be still. It always makes me laugh - he's too adorable, and obviously has loads of personality.

It seems that Edward and Sophie increasingly like to include the kids in things when they can, and I always find it a nice surprise because I remember all those years when Louise was little and we basically never saw her, so I really didn't think they'd be bringing her (and sometimes James) along to public events as much as they do. But clearly they're a very close family, and as the kids get older, I'm sure Edward and Sophie enjoy bringing them along from time to time.

I think his first Trooping was another moment when he was playing up as you said. You could see Sophie putting her arms around him to keep him still and not move around too much. In his defense he was only 5 - there aren't many 5 year olds who can stand still for that long. Louise was the same when she was 5 and on the balcony - she kept pulling Sophie's arms and pulling funny faces and she even "saluted" at one point.

I think it's great that they can bring the children to some engagements as they know they are engagements they will enjoy. Louise attended the Big Brownie Birthday last year as she was a member of the Brownies and it was lovely to see both children visit the Ubunye Foundation in South Africa during a Safari holiday. Sophie said she brought them a long so they know that South Africa is more than just animals. We will probably see both children more as the years go on. I am sure we will see them attend the major family events next year for the Queen's 90th birthday. I definitely think since William and Catherine's wedding we have seen more of Louise (and James). We didn't really see Louise up until then at 7 years old, whereas we have seen a lot more of James in his small years than we ever did of Louise.

I think this year will be James' Sandringham debut though as he was in his little suit at Trooping the Colour this year without his parents and an article recently mentioned that both he and Louise attended church during their visit to Balmoral this summer.

These pictures remind me of the way my husband and I act during sporting events; he's more of a Sophie reaction, while I, for the most part just sit back and watch, reacting only when something major happens. Great images.

As a reminder, this thread is about the Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events. Accordingly, numerous posts discussing the clothes that are worn by Lady Louise Windsor have been moved to the following thread:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...little-royals-part-8-july-2015-a-38892-7.html

It would be useful if people could check that what they are about to post is actually in the correct thread as this will help prevent the discussion becoming off-topic.

The new headquarters for the Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service (RBFRS) have been officially opened by Prince Edward, the Earl of Wessex.

He met staff and toured the new site in Newsham Court, Calcot.

Chief fire officer Andy Fry described the prince's appearance as the "icing on the cake".

The service's base was previously at Dee Road in Tilehurst, but was relocated to a converted retail and storage facility.
Read more: Prince Edward opens new Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service HQ - BBC News

The Countess attends reception in celebration of HM The Queen becoming the Longest Serving Monarch:
HRH The Countess of Wessex: The Countess attends reception in celebration of HM The Queen becoming the Longest Serving Monarch

Great post Anna! The Countess looked wonderful, and I loved the articles about HM. Made me tear up. I love her. No one better- but William's getting there.
Still, there will never be another like her. I love her.
BTW, love the picture of Diana in the one article. Love that dress.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom