Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 9: March 2015-November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was so pleased that several photographers came with Sophie today! I loved what Sophie was wearing today - it was completely appropriate for an engagement that involved climbing in and out of a helicopter. A dress would not have been a good idea so it's good that Sophie forethought the outfit. I also need those Prada shoes in my life - they are gorgeous.

Thanks for tracking down so many beautiful photos of Sophie today, Anna. You are credit to Sophie!

The Earl of Wessex as Trustee of The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation is on a two-day visit to the Netherlands today and tomorrow.

Today, May 21, he attended the Golden Award of the International Award for Young People in Den Haag:

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery ** belga **

I think its great that both Edward and Sophie now share the duties of handing out the awards.

I love the colour of the dress but not a fan of the buttons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Earl of Wessex was in Netherlands on 21st MAy, the events connected to DoE Award Scheme. But also, from CC

His Royal Highness this evening called upon The Queen of the Netherlands at Villa Eikenhorst, Wassenaar.

Earl of Wessex was in Netherlands on 21st MAy, the events connected to DoE Award Scheme. But also, from CC

His Royal Highness this evening called upon The Queen of the Netherlands at Villa Eikenhorst, Wassenaar.

It's nice that he called upon Maxima (I am assuming it's Maxima as Beatrix is styled as Princess now.)

Thanks for the link about Sophie's private visit yesterday. I remember reading that Zita apparently helped Sophie get pregnant so it's nice that she is supporting her.

On his second day in the Netherlands the Earl of Wessex attended a meeting with students and teachers as part of the 20th anniversary of the International Award for Young People in Almere today, May 22nd:

** ppe gallery **

I expect she was REALLY hot in that outfit yesterday as it was extremely warm in London yesterday afternoon, although she did look amazing as always.

Why would she wear such a hot outfit this time of year?

LaRae

Why would she wear such a hot outfit this time of year?

LaRae

Well, she'd be the only one with the answer to that, but it may be that she had picked out in advance, not knowing what the day's weather would be like. Besides, London has quite mild summer temperatures (compared to what most of us in the US are used to) - the average high for London in June is only 70 degrees Fahrenheit. So, the outfit wouldn't necessarily be inappropriate for the weather.

She does look absolutely lovely.

The kids at the event. That's OK. Those kids need privacy, and that way the event is about them- not photos.

The kids at the event. That's OK. Those kids need privacy, and that way the event is about them- not photos.
The kids didn't attend any of the events with The Countess lately. First two events were receptions in aid of Hospice. Last night it was a blues concert, and it meant to support Shooting Star Chace with money. So pics could be easily shared and word spreaded.

Ah... Gotcha! I hope she does an event with the kids soon though, with a small amount of photos- I always enjoy seeing her with them.

The Countess of Wessex has visited the Cheshire County Show today (Tuesday, June 23).

The Countess, who is president of the show, saw Cheshire West and Chester Council win a coveted gold award in the trade stand category.

Lord Mayor of Chester, Hugo Deynem, said: “It is a great honour to be presented with the gold award and I must thank all our staff for their hard work which has led to this wonderful accolade.

“We are proud to once again be a principal partner of the Cheshire County Show. The theme for this year was health and wellbeing with plenty of opportunities for visitors to get involved and learn more.”
More: Countess of Wessex visits Cheshire Show - Chester Chronicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom