Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 9: March 2015-November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
EdwardWessex_zpscabab33a.png
Sophie_zps07dee459.png

Arms of TRH The Earl and Countess of Wessex

Welcome to The Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family's
Current Events, Part 9

Commencing March 27, 2015

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 2h 2 hours ago
The Earl of Wessex will visit New York 5th-8th May in his role as Trustee of The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 2h 2 hours ago
The Countess of Wessex will carry out engagements in Prague, for The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation 19-20 May.

I love that they now both share the role of giving out Duke of Edinburgh Awards (although I think Sophie will only do it abroad as the is Global Ambassador for the award). I am sure when she is Duchess of Edinburgh she may give them out in the UK but it's nice to see her doing more work for it now. Edward has trained her well in the art of the DoE award!

:previous:This was great! So nice for Lady Louise to learn something about her parents' work. She might never do 'royal duties', but she can always do good work on her own. When I saw the yellow books on the shelf behind the staff person who was speaking, I thought of National Geographic!:lol:

How much Louise has grown ! A true beauty ! When I remember the dramatic events at her birth I shudder..... How happy I am to see her so healthy !

This was such a lovely surprise. Glad to see Lady Louise being exposed to her parents' work, as well as a different culture.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I agree, it's great that Louise is being introduced to the charities her parents are involved with. I wonder if this means that despite the fact she won't be a "major" member of the RF, she will support her parent's charities once she gets older. I remember reading that Beatrice and or Eugenie (I can't remember whether it was just one of them or both) support and attend events in connection with their mother's charities.

No show without Punch - James was there too James and Sophie. The family on a safari holiday and Sophie said it's the first time they have brought their children to South Africa so it's nice that they brought them with them to the Foundation Visit.

Daily Express article

Thanks for the links Anna. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Victoria Beckham dress. Seeing it again has reminded me how much I want it in my own wardrobe. I am sure Sophie wouldn't notice it went missing....

She doesn't need to be a part of any of this let her just be a child and keep her out of the lime light Hopefully she blend into the back ground and not become another Beatrice

She doesn't need to be a part of any of this let her just be a child and keep her out of the lime light Hopefully she blend into the back ground and not become another Beatrice

I disagree. I think them bringing their children along on select visits is teaching the Christian principle, "to whom much is given, much is expected." I do the same thing with my daighters. They accompany me on church ministry and community service work when it is feasible and even perform community service with the youth groups they belong to. It brings them face to face with those less fortunate than they. It reinforces the reality that they are indeed blessed, and definitely not "entitled" -- as many young people in our current society believe themselves to be.

I somehow doubt that they will blend into the background, but I also doubt that they will become like Beatrice. They are being raised without the HRH in front of their names, with no expectation of working for The Firm, but with a firm expectation of pulling one's own weight and "giving back". I think they'll be fine.

I disagree. I think them bringing their children along on select visits is teaching the Christian principle, "to whom much is given, much is expected." I do the same thing with my daighters. They accompany me on church ministry and community service work when it is feasible and even perform community service with the youth groups they belong to. It brings them face to face with those less fortunate than they. It reinforces the reality that they are indeed blessed, and definitely not "entitled" -- as many young people in our current society believe themselves to be.
I was going to say something similar but you said it all. I completely agree.
Also, James and Louise live a very fortunate life which most people don't have access. It's good to show them "the other side", children usually tend to think that everyone lives as they. Sophie and Edward are taking them to see the "many worlds" outside their own.

Love seeing the black dress again she looks lovely wish there were more of the guild engagement but thanks Anna

I somehow doubt that they will blend into the background, but I also doubt that they will become like Beatrice. They are being raised without the HRH in front of their names, with no expectation of working for The Firm, but with a firm expectation of pulling one's own weight and "giving back". I think they'll be fine.
I couldn't agree more. Fabulously said.

PS Quick post on Prince Edward's visit to NY.
HRH The Countess of Wessex: Earl of Wessex visits New York 5-8th May 2015

Love seeing the black dress again she looks lovely wish there were more of the guild engagement but thanks Anna
I asked, but I think photos couldn't be shared. Not sure why.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Countess of Wessex is in Guernsey today for the 70th anniversary of their liberation. I NEED more of this outfit.

Steve Falla ‏@steve_falla 2h2 hours ago
The Countess in Guernsey green @britishmonarchy #liberation70

States of Guernsey ‏@Govgg 1h1 hour ago
The Countess of Wessex closes the service at Footes Lanes #Liberation70 @BritishMonarchy

Last edited:

I'm not sure how I feel about the dress- think I like it. Need your sun shades for that one! Love the earrings! Had I been the Countess, I think I would have gone red dress, green earrings. Love the way the Countess was with veterans in wheelchairs.

I think the choice was brilliant. I think the execution of the hem is confusing. The bell out hem is different from the Suzannah as shown. In any case, it made argue in my head bad hem vs. odd design?

But I love all the rest, down to the smallest details it was excellent!

I love this dress, it looks gorgeous, as well as ruby earrings. The hem might look weird due to angle of the pics.
One of the best looks of HRH. Well done!
PS, I have updated my post.

Sophie looks stunning I agree Anna I love the dress and the colour and the earrings are beautiful .... GORGEOUS

This dress is amazing and I adore the colour! It looks like a dress Sophie would wear to Ascot although I am unsure if she will repeat it for Ascot. I hope she does though as it's gorgeous. I love the entire 50's retro look - very Mad Men.

Thanks for the links to more photos on your blog, Anna :D

This dress is amazing and I adore the colour! It looks like a dress Sophie would wear to Ascot although I am unsure if she will repeat it for Ascot. I hope she does though as it's gorgeous. I love the entire 50's retro look - very Mad Men.
I do agree. The dress was just right for a VE remembrance.
Can remember when those dresses and skirt lengths were in style in late 40s and early 50s. Always looked neat and bell flared skirts were very upscale then. Lovely.

I love the style of the dress and the colour too , she looks really good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom