The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 07:46 PM
Majesty

Ah, but he learned from the Master himself . . . the Duke of Edinborough.

Old 07-31-2018, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 30th July:
The Earl of Wessex, Colonel-in-Chief, The Saskatchewan Dragoons, this afternoon held a Meeting.

The Countess of Wessex, Patron, England Hockey, this afternoon held a Lunch at St. James's Palace.

Court Circular 31st July:
The Earl of Wessex, Chancellor, this morning attended a Meeting at the University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath, Somerset.

Old 08-05-2018, 11:17 AM
Administrator

The Countess of Wessex as Patron of England Hockey attended the Women's World Cup Finals Day at Lee Valley Hockey and Tennis Centre at Eton Manor, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London this afternoon, August 5. Lady Louise attended as well:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** rex gallery **
Old 08-05-2018, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I have a friend who is a keen hockey player and plays for our county's hockey team, and she has been to most of the matches at the World Cup but went away yesterday so missed Sophie handing out the awards.
It's a nice surprise to see Louise there too - I didn't realise that she was interested in hockey.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-06-2018, 04:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

And an article about the presence of Countess in Women's World Cup Final yesterday

Sophie Wessex channels Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman | Daily Mail Online

Sophie channels Julia?
Old 08-06-2018, 06:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
And an article about the presence of Countess in Women's World Cup Final yesterday

Sophie Wessex channels Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman | Daily Mail Online

Sophie channels Julia?
If we had to compare, I think CP Mary's dress at a wedding earlier this summer was more Pretty Woman

Of course, they are perfectly nice dresses on their own
Old 08-06-2018, 06:03 AM
Administrator

Today, August 6, the Countess of Wessex as Patron of The Association of Sail Training Organisations, once again together with Lady Louise, visited ASTO at Haslar Marina in Gosport:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **
Old 08-06-2018, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

We've been seeing a lot of Sophie and Louise lately! I presume they're not at Balmoral at the moment? I remember seeing photos of them in Edinburgh in late June/early July so they may have gone earlier this summer.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-06-2018, 08:35 PM
Courtier

Oh Iceflower thanks, these are just great pictures of a wonderful day.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Louise is really beautiful ! Nice to see them both !
Old 08-07-2018, 09:23 AM
Courtier

Not certain if I like this or not. Don't get me wrong it is great seeing Louise out and about -wished we saw more of James. But should she be really be at an official duty? She seemed a bit uncomfortable in the blue dress. Maybe she has an interest in the event - suppose we will never know?
Old 08-08-2018, 01:42 PM
Administrator

To me she didn't look uncomfortable, a matter of interpretation I guess. But I'm sure she had an interest in all of the latest events and attended by her own choice

Here's an additional video:

Old 08-08-2018, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 7th August:
The Countess of Wessex, Colonel-in-Chief, Corps of Army Music, this afternoon held a Meeting.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 9th August:
The Earl of Wessex, Patron, Edinburgh International Festival, and Patron, National Youth Orchestras of Scotland, this afternoon attended a Reception and Performance at Usher Hall, Lothian Road, Edinburgh, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of the City of Edinburgh (Councillor Francis Ross, the Rt. Hon. the Lord Provost).
Old 08-10-2018, 11:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I totally get how Lady Louise, as an emerging adolescent, may have expressed an interest in accompanying her mother on a walk-about. (Lady Louise comes across as a genuine, down-to-earth girl, naturally friendly and sincere, with a remarkable lack of self-consciousness for someone her age). There has been a lot of camera interest in Lady Louise since the Cambridge wedding and she clearly was charmed by the interest in her as a child. But I am wondering if this just lends itself to future problems, like what seems to have happened with the York sisters. Just wondering what others think.

P.S. I think it's great of Sophie to include Louise at these events btw. Great parenting.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:33 AM
Gentry

I think a large part of the York sisters' problems is that a lot of people don't like their parents - one or both of them. Lady Louise doesn't have that problem. Her father has some nay sayers, not many, but her mother is pretty much universally admired as far as I can see. I too love seeing Lady Louise out and about especially accompanying her mother on engagements like this. It is great parenting.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Edward driving on the Balmoral Estate at Loch Muick with his son James Viscount Severn on 18 August

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...rince%20Edward
Old 08-19-2018, 08:52 AM
Courtier

Hmm - not too certain James is enjoying that. But I am happy to see Edward purposely spending time with him.
Old 08-19-2018, 09:48 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Hmm - not too certain James is enjoying that. But I am happy to see Edward purposely spending time with him.
James isn't enjoying the paparazzi taking pictures of him in the car. No surprise there. Your statement about Edward purposely spending time with his own son is an odd one.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:39 AM
Courtier

Sorry - not my intention - just that he is engaging in something that James is interested in doing. But yes - completely remove implication.

Closed Thread

Tags
countess of wessex, current events, earl of wessex, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, viscount severn